New Member from CA

west

Reaction score
Handicap
What's up fellas? I recently started to look into new clubs and found this forum. Looks like you all are a bunch of golfaholics and I'm glad I can find plenty of information on here. Thank you all for the knowledge and passion for the game.

So I golfed off and on for about 5 years, never really took a lesson and shoot in the high 90s. I have an R7 460, Nike SQ 3 Wood, Rac OS2 Irons and a white hot 2 ball putter.

I just bought a new Burner Superfast 2.0 driver to replace my R7. The price really dropped - it was $170. They fitted me with a stiff shaft 2.0 - currently, all my clubs are regular. Now I'm looking to replace my Rac OS2 R-Flex to the Burner 2.0 irons with a Stiff flex. Seems like stores like Golfsmith and Dick's got a pretty decent deal for these....$399.

What do you guys think? Should I get these? Are they a good deal? What are some comparable irons in similar price range?

If I was fitted for Stiff, should I just replace all my RAC OS2's shafts? How much would that cost?

As much as I want those new irons, I always think that its the player more than the equipment. How much do you guys think the wrong flex is going to affect my game?

Welcome to THP. Check out the equipment section for all your equipment needs and questions. I like the Burner 2.0s. They're good irons and can be had at a good price now.

Welcome to THP. Damaikis is spot on check out the equipment section for the best advise on clubs. You should check out the Blind9golf banner on the top right, they help a lot of THP'ers find what they are looking for

Welcome to the forum, West. You'll like it here.

:welcome:

welcome! as for the irons, look on the marketplace here first, then the bay. more than likely, ebay will have prices on things like a set of 2.0 irons for way cheaper than at retail stores.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!!

welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard.

What's up fellas? I recently started to look into new clubs and found this forum. Looks like you all are a bunch of golfaholics and I'm glad I can find plenty of information on here. Thank you all for the knowledge and passion for the game.

So I golfed off and on for about 5 years, never really took a lesson and shoot in the high 90s. I have an R7 460, Nike SQ 3 Wood, Rac OS2 Irons and a white hot 2 ball putter.

I just bought a new Burner Superfast 2.0 driver to replace my R7. The price really dropped - it was $170. They fitted me with a stiff shaft 2.0 - currently, all my clubs are regular. Now I'm looking to replace my Rac OS2 R-Flex to the Burner 2.0 irons with a Stiff flex. Seems like stores like Golfsmith and Dick's got a pretty decent deal for these....$399.

What do you guys think? Should I get these? Are they a good deal? What are some comparable irons in similar price range?

If I was fitted for Stiff, should I just replace all my RAC OS2's shafts? How much would that cost?

As much as I want those new irons, I always think that its the player more than the equipment. How much do you guys think the wrong flex is going to affect my game?
Welcome to the forum, you found a great one indeed!

If there is anything you do when buying a new iron set, go to your golf store and have them do the Mizuno shaft optimizer, it will give you the shaft info. To me, it's extremely important to have the right shaft. It can make all of the difference in the world and they usually won't charge you for it. It might take 10 minutes for the entire process. I try to do it once a year to see where I am at and to make sure I have the right shaft. They also give you several to choose from. From there, you can buy one that feels the best to you.

Depending on the shop, you might be upwards of $200-$250 just to buy and swap out shafts. You might find some cheaper places to do it.

It is the player more than the equipment, but getting the right fit and something that fits your eye, certainly wouldn't harm your game.

That's a good price for those irons and they are certainly a forgiving iron.

Be sure to check out other sets as well, you might find something you like better and fits your eye as well. Sometimes, spending a few extra dollars can go a long way, so don't be married to one thing. Do your homework. and that means hitting more clubs :) (which is always fun in itself).

I'd look at the Cleveland and Callaway lines, they have some good deals going on themselves and offer some of the best clubs on the market.

As an aside, we have an awesome event that starts a week from this Friday where it's the culmination of the greatest event an amateur can participate in. The Morgan Cup! We have been treated like tour pros and we will hold a Demo Day (broadcast live) and then two days of intense and fun competition that will be broadcast through the following week. Follow along, root for your favorite team, it will be an absolute blast!

Here is the thread. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?26973-The-Morgan-Cup-The-Official-2012-Thread

Welcome West!

Welcome

welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!

Back