Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if King Felix pitches like he did last night, you guys are set.

But if King Felix pitches like he did last night, you guys are set.

That kind of road trip would take a toll on any team.

Brandon Morrow saved our bacon (moose?) last night.

That kind of road trip would take a toll on any team.

Brandon Morrow saved our bacon (moose?) last night.

It will be a good series with the Halos. They could be six and a half out by the end of it.

It will be a good series with the Halos. They could be six and a half out by the end of it.

I hope so.

Blue Jays w/ best record in baseball. WTF?

My daily rant: For emergencies I give my mother a key to my house, she goes over at times without telling me and that does not bother me at all. However when she went over today she took my 3 year old Fox Terrier Jill with her, she wanted to give me a Friday night "off" and some alone time with my new "friend"....which is nice except she forgot to tell me. So instead of having a relaxed night I cancelled my date and drove around for 3 hours looking for my dog which was safely sleeping on the couch in my moms living room.

My daily rant: For emergencies I give my mother a key to my house, she goes over at times without telling me and that does not bother me at all. However when she went over today she took my 3 year old Fox Terrier Jill with her, she wanted to give me a Friday night "off" and some alone time with my new "friend"....which is nice except she forgot to tell me. So instead of having a relaxed night I cancelled my date and drove around for 3 hours looking for my dog which was safely sleeping on the couch in my moms living room.

OMG, that sucks. Kind of inconsiderate if she didn't tell you.

OMG, that sucks. Kind of inconsiderate if she didn't tell you.

Yeah it was one of those "I thought I sent you a text?" moments for her.

Poker?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 7 characters.

So that would be a total of $15. Ha ha.

I hate when TV programs and movies don't bother to research simple facts. (Law and medical shows seem particularly notorious for this laziness. I remember watching some law show recently where the defense lawyer said that the prosecutor had to prove his case "beyond a shadow of a doubt." For Pete's sake, I learned in 10th grade civics class that it's "beyond a reasonable doubt." And even if I hadn't, everyone learned it during the O.J. murder trial!)

Anyway, I'm watching the Behind the Scenes show for The Greatest Game Ever Played (clearing off my DVR this morning) and they are doing a little section on Harry Vardon's contributions to golf. The section is narrated by Mark Frost, no less, who states that Vardon developed the "interlocking grip, which we still refer to today as the Vardon grip."

Uhhh, no. The Vardon grip is an overlapping grip, not an interlocking grip.

Mistakes like that just drive me bananas.

I hate when TV programs and movies don't bother to research simple facts. (Law and medical shows seem particularly notorious for this laziness. I remember watching some law show recently where the defense lawyer said that the prosecutor had to prove his case "beyond a shadow of a doubt." For Pete's sake, I learned in 10th grade civics class that it's "beyond a reasonable doubt." And even if I hadn't, everyone learned it during the O.J. murder trial!)

Anyway, I'm watching the Behind the Scenes show for The Greatest Game Ever Played (clearing off my DVR this morning) and they are doing a little section on Harry Vardon's contributions to golf. The section is narrated by Mark Frost, no less, who states that Vardon developed the "interlocking grip, which we still refer to today as the Vardon grip."

Uhhh, no. The Vardon grip is an overlapping grip, not an interlocking grip.

Mistakes like that just drive me bananas.

bananas.jpg

When you are carrying bags in from the car and you ctch your elbow on the washing machine and dryer that happen to be in the garage because the new ones got delivered. Your elbow starts bleeding and you cannot move your arm. Surely you guys know the feeling.

When you are carrying bags in from the car and you ctch your elbow on the washing machine and dryer that happen to be in the garage because the new ones got delivered. Your elbow starts bleeding and you cannot move your arm. Surely you guys know the feeling.

I hate it when that happens.

Heres my rant of the day: scattered thunderstorms. Today we have gotten these quick little 10 minute storms where it absolutey pours and thunders and then its overcast for about an hour.
Its done that all day. I wanna play some golf, dangit!!!

Heres my rant of the day: scattered thunderstorms. Today we have gotten these quick little 10 minute storms where it absolutey pours and thunders and then its overcast for about an hour.
Its done that all day. I wanna play some golf, dangit!!!

Come to Florida in the summer...you'll get used to the thunderstorms.

We get them every afternoon for 15 minutes in the summer. Its great, it cools everything off, makes the grass green, and does not last long enough to ruin golf.

Im hoping that these storms will roll out of the area this afternoon so that I can get out and play.
The R9 and my new Ping Anser are calling my name.
LOL..suddenly I feel like an addict at group therapy. "Hi, my name is Chad and its been 2 days since I last played golf..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back