The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

I'm glad to hear you all had some good times last night. It's going to be a long, hot day out there today from what I saw.

Thanks to THP and the incredible sponsors for the opportunity and thanks to the forum for your support through this whole thing. I think I've been preparing here for the better part of the last 9 months or so and I'm ready to go play some golf. Can't wait to see my friends and make a few new ones.

24 men have given up months of their lives for an event unlike any other. Some knew what they were getting into, for others this was and is a first time experience. The weekend is almost here. I want to thank every person in this event for what they have uniquely brought to the table. The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event is about you, its about the people here and most of all, its about a special weekend.

To all the people at True Blue & Caledonia, to all the people that will be watching from their computers, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You men and women are what this is all about and we are going to provide you something special.

The 2nd Annual Morgan Cup is here. It is time to celebrate the amazing journey that these golfers have been on.

Thank you to all the THPers who have been involved in making the Morgan Cup great again this year. The competitors have done a fantastic job keeping the energy up for months now. The sponsors (Callaway, Cleveland, Bridgestone, Antigua, Ecco, and Bettinardi) have done an outstanding job outfitting the competitors as well as giving the THP community a lot of information about their products that we might not have otherwise had. Thanks to True Blue and Caledonia for hosting our crew this weekend, and for all the excitement they have shared in the process.

Thanks to GG and JB for having the original vision for the Morgan Cup, the strength to take lessons learned and improve every step of the way, and the continuing dedication to all of us members. I'm sure you all are both exhausted as this concludes (particularly with moving as well), so even thinking about a 3rd Annual event would be beyond my mental capacity right now...but you all continue to tweak and offer opportunities to us that are beyond imagination.

I hope you all have an outstanding weekend and that you all play as well as you can.

Reactions: JB
The big show is about to begin! Enjoy today's practice round and keep yourselves hydrated, plenty of sun screen, & get it on like donkey kong :blob:

That word 'annual' sounds like it could have come straight from the birdie's mouth!

I can feel the excitement building from here! New friends have already been made, more again today, prep work coming to the end, each and every one of you guys will hopefully relax and enjoy the weekend. The support from the OEMs, as well as True Blue, has been fantastic to follow along with.

Now, to pick my side...... :D

Really looking forward to following along. The coverage and feedback thus far has been phenomenal. Keep up the great work everyone. Have the time of your life and represent THP like they deserve to be, which is first class.

Sent from my HTC One X

I cannot believe that the Morgan Cup is only one day away...enjoy yourselves, rep your sponsors, stay hydrated, play well. We are proud of each and every one of the participants and volunteers for this event, and I am so excited to be able to follow along. You're now an integral part of a dream that has changed amateur golf as we know it.

To ALL the teams, regardless of grouping, I wish you all fun times in the making and a clean first tee! Such a great adventure is about to take place! Store away those practice rounds today the knowledge that will aid to victory this weekend. Hydrate and sustenance!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You make a great point JN. They need to make sure to eat too. These are two things everyone forgets to do when they are excited and nervous. Plus it is going to be very hot and humid.

I cannot believe that the Morgan Cup is only one day away...enjoy yourselves, rep your sponsors, stay hydrated, play well. We are proud of each and every one of the participants and volunteers for this event, and I am so excited to be able to follow along. You're now an integral part of a dream that has changed amateur golf as we know it.

Thank you
Callaway, Cleveland, Bridgestone, Antigua, Ecco, and Bettinardi
for making this great event very special not only for for the payers but for all the followers here on THP.

And to all the participants

24 men have given up months of their lives for an event unlike any other. Some knew what they were getting into, for others this was and is a first time experience. The weekend is almost here. I want to thank every person in this event for what they have uniquely brought to the table. The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event is about you, its about the people here and most of all, its about a special weekend.

To all the people at True Blue & Caledonia, to all the people that will be watching from their computers, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You men and women are what this is all about and we are going to provide you something special.

The 2nd Annual Morgan Cup is here. It is time to celebrate the amazing journey that these golfers have been on.

I love that annual is bolded, that's an awesome thing to consider! I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to participate in the event, I can't wait to get down there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So that's Chunky with Cookie in the pic....

Well it's good to see you Chunky!

And you know, you're much taller than I imagined based on the raft of shard you take in here... Why, I think you might only be a little shorter than me :D

I almost can't believe it's really here. I'm thinking about working from home tomorrow so I can stay tuned in to media day

Current weather for next 48 hours:

Plotter.php

Current weather from having just played 18:
Ridiculously hot as sh!t.

You getting sand practice in? That is what I am most disappointed in. Less sand and putting practice with this delay.

So sad noone liked my chunky aol comment.

How's the sand for those of you already there. White fluffy stuff or is it packed down from the rain?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I thought Chunky would have been older.

It is surface of the sun hot out here.

Sent from Tapatalk

Boarding. Just met josh from Bridgestone. Very cool guy!

Posted via tapatalk

Boarding. Just met josh from Bridgestone. Very cool guy!

Posted via tapatalk

JB works for Bridgestone now? wtf

Small world!

Posted via tapatalk

Who knew! About time he got a real job :alien:

Why do the emoticon things look different? Did they get a new high res update?

I birdied #1 at Caledonia and almost went back inside after that.

Sent from Tapatalk

Back