The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, gotcha.

Yeah I understand OEM information but an entire review and taking credit for it? That's really where it crosses the line for me. Sure my reviews might not be the best or as lengthy but I still do my best to avoid plagiarism because it's not right.

Luckily our Mods are awesome enough to see it fast and remove it before it causes any damage

The last few times we went to our club to play, it wasn't busy, and we played quickly and without incident. And before teeing off we hit balls. There were a number of people on the range, and none of them bothered us. That kind of stuff infuriates me.

Kevin

How the Hell do you live?!?

Yeah I understand OEM information but an entire review and taking credit for it? That's really where it crosses the line for me. Sure my reviews might not be the best or as lengthy but I still do my best to avoid plagiarism because it's not right.

Luckily our Mods are awesome enough to see it fast and remove it before it causes any damage

Right. Like you said, we work pretty hard on our reviews around here for that type of stuff to go on. It's not fair to us busting our butts to put out a good review for people to read and learn from.

Right. Like you said, we work pretty hard on our reviews around here for that type of stuff to go on. It's not fair to us busting our butts to put out a good review for people to read and learn from.

I think it was more for this un named person to impress people with their "review" skills, so they could get free stuff.

Hahaha hawk you're killing me today dude.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

My rant is everyone posting here and me having to wade through dozen's of rants to get to Icemann's rant.

hahaha you got to come to Georgia one of these days you long knocking young buck and I'll give you a tour of the woodshed :deadhorse:

I know I'm a little late to retort, but I just saw this.

You know the difference between you and all the other old guys I've played with? They're all short and straight. I hear your short and to the left! :bulgy-eyes: :alien: :blob:

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Snort!

i think i know where icemann plays... there is a course here in town that is absolutely ridiculous with that kinda thing lol

You've apparently never played golf in the hood. Cuz I know that stuff does go down in the burbs

So are you more west coast Lake Nona style crips? Or east coast Isleworth bloods?

i think i know where icemann plays... there is a course here in town that is absolutely ridiculous with that kinda thing lol

Sounds like you know what my course is like most days.

Coming off the sixth hole I see two ladies in a cart waiting behind the tee box who were not in front of me before. I finish up and drive over by the mens tees and wait for the green to clear (short par 4 that I can reach). As I get out of my cart to grab my 3 wood these ladies drive up around me and park right in front of me by the ladies tees. I just went to tee my ball up and wait the minute it would be for the group to finish putting. Right before I was gonna hit the ladies get out of their cart and proceed to tee up their balls and hit right in front of me. After the first lady hits I just raised my arms and gave them the WTH look. Second lady just looks at me, shrugs, and hits her ball. From there I told her I was in front of them and was waiting for the green to clear, and I'd appreciate if they'd let me hit my ball now because they cut in front of me. She just says that they were there first and drives off. Ten minutes later I can finally hit and I finish the hole in three minutes. They were just getting ready to hit on the eighth and and I just said that I was gonna go ahead and hit because they weren't ready yet and they cut in front of me on the last hole. So they don't say anything and I go to hit. As I'm taking my practice swing they drive ten yards in front of the tee box (par 3) and drop balls and hit. At this point I was stunned. Who does that? I just waited behind them for the last two holes because they were gonna play the same game if I tried to go ahead. Oh some people...

I love having the first tee time in my tournament tomorrow because we can play at a fast pace. I don't love having to wait around 2 and a half hours after the round for everyone to finish.

I'm surprised that something like this happened to you, Icemann.

I always say you have to look at the common denominator with these things. Either way, don't stop being you.

Iceman seems to struggle with life a bit.

He'll get it down soon or later I suppose. In his honor I didn't call the po-lice on those little miscreants trying to sell me golf balls on True Blue.

The last few times we went to our club to play, it wasn't busy, and we played quickly and without incident. And before teeing off we hit balls. There were a number of people on the range, and none of them bothered us. That kind of stuff infuriates me.

Kevin

Do we need a "What On Course Travesty Irked Ice Today" thread?
Another day, another drama!

Im all for a dedicated thread for his mishaps. It could be called, "Breaking the Icemann".

Im all for a dedicated thread for his mishaps. It could be called, "Breaking the Icemann".

Well, at least he will probably win another Freebirdie contest today.

formerly butters35

Icemann's posts confuse me. Does he play golf at a high end course with a PGA Superstorelike pro shop and penultimate golf professional, or at a skanky muni overrun with rampaging gangs of old women, old men, and angry duffing wantabes? The kind of course where you tee it up at our own peril?

Kevin

Well, at least he will probably win another Freebirdie contest today.

formerly butters35

Nope. I'm gonna wait for the September one and get the SCOR wedge set. But I would like that RXB.

Icemann's posts confuse me. Does he play golf at a high end course with a PGA Superstorelike pro shop and penultimate golf professional, or at a skanky muni overrun with rampaging gangs of old women, old men, and angry duffing wantabes? The kind of course where you tee it up at our own peril?

Kevin

The PGASS like pro shop is at a different course, a mile away from mine. The course there is awful but the pro shop is the best thing since sliced bread. My home course is full of people like that unfortunately.

My Grandpa invented sliced bread. Never saw a dime.

Kevin

My rant is THP already picked Reunion as the Outing and Demo day golf course for 2013 and not icemanns home course! Oh what could have been!

My rant is THP already picked Reunion as the Outing and Demo day golf course for 2013 and not icemanns home course! Oh what could have been!

All of the internet golfers here would hit their drivers past every green and need to just take 5 irons on every hole making the demo day concept useless. And the range is only 220 yards. And there's no villas. And the clubhouse is only big enough for about 50 people.

And isn't the course closed to everyone else during the outing?

Al Gore invented the internet.

In honor of Iceman I have a mini-rant on misbehaved golfers. I was playing a muni today because it was free, and free golf is great golf. I'm in the fairway addressing my 2nd shot, getting ready to hit, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a cart come riding across the fairway right in front of the green. He was going after his ball which he sliced into my fairway, but you might want to give the person who is actually playing that hole a chance to hit. Had I not noticed them and thinned my shot it could have been lights out for that dude.

Al Gore invented the internet.

In honor of Iceman I have a mini-rant on misbehaved golfers. I was playing a muni today because it was free, and free golf is great golf. I'm in the fairway addressing my 2nd shot, getting ready to hit, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a cart come riding across the fairway right in front of the green. He was going after his ball which he sliced into my fairway, but you might want to give the person who is actually playing that hole a chance to hit. Had I not noticed them and thinned my shot it could have been lights out for that dude.

Al Gore didn't invent the internet. I hope you were being sarcastic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back