The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

Not gonna lie the burnt ends were amazing!!! Sharkwrestler drew all of the ladies in with his cooking skills!!
MMMMMMMM burnt ends!! Drooling at 8am in the morning for BBQ. Is it wrong to want a pulled pork sandwich at this time of day?

SharkWrestler!

He is a great cook. I enjoyed the food very much.

JB - are you putting up a recap thread? I have lots to say believe it or not.

Not gonna lie the burnt ends were amazing!!! Sharkwrestler drew all of the ladies in with his cooking skills!!

Haha, that's awesome what a stud! He looks a little like Eric Clapton.

JB - are you putting up a recap thread? I have lots to say believe it or not.

Yes. There will be a recap thread, but it might be closer towards the end of the week.

Will there be a dedicated thread for the participants to answer questions about the experience and their equipment?

They are available now in each equipment thread. There will also be both the "morgan survey" as well as the witb video threads coming up soon.

I have a question for all the staffers? What was your highlight of the past 7 months?

I have a question for all the staffers? What was your highlight of the past 7 months?

Honestly, for me, it was probably during and after the first round. Not to take anything away from anything else or the other two rounds at the MC 2.0, but that round was so so so special for a number of reasons. The quality of golf was bar none, the greatest that I have ever been involved in from both teams, but also because of the people that I played with. It was such an emotional and amazing round with TC, Yoccos and Howzat. We all said it. It was almost beyond words. I have never been that close to crying after an athletic contest. All three matches were unreal and amazing, but that first round was simply a culmination of everything that we have all been working towards for 7 months. Don't get me wrong, my other rounds were immensely fun and great with One- T, Cookie and SW, and then on Sunday with INgolfer and TC, but that first round, for a round to exceed every single expectation I had and to complete in my mind exactly what The Morgan Cup is and is about was something that will choke me up for the rest of my life.

I agree with wicked cool bearded guy. Marcawesome and I have been talking and prepping and looking forward to playing together for so long. To be able to share that round with two special guys in the manner in which we all played, well it was special.

In all honesty Freddie, there isn't just one moment, there's far too many that could qualify.

I agree with wicked cool bearded guy. Marcawesome and I have been talking and prepping and looking forward to playing together for so long. To be able to share that round with two special guys in the manner in which we all played, well it was special.

In all honesty Freddie, there isn't just one moment, there's far too many that could qualify.

"long distance east coast hug" bro

I posted this in the golfing weather thread but it sure fits here.

The weather in Myrtle Beach was hot and humid all weekend. I don't know if I have ever seen it be 90% humidity for so long without there being rain. We were drenched before we even teed off.

Combine a 92* real temp with that humidity and it felt like it was over 110. The weather was pretty much miserable. How kelly didn't melt I have no idea.

For me, it was playing the 18th in the first round Saturday of Chunky & I vs DDec & Ary.

Approaches into the 18th green with many people watching, it just hit me of what this is all about and I just told them "it does not get any better than this".

For me, it was playing the 18th in the first round Saturday of Chunky & I vs DDec & Ary.

Approaches into the 18th green with many people watching, it just hit me of what this is all about and I just told them "it does not get any better than this".

Awesome moment dude. Nice thought.

See below. This match was so much fun and really set the tone for the weekend for me. We knew we were in for a battle when the dynamic duo of TC and Tmex shot 10 under in their practice round. WCBM and I got in a practice round as well and got a feel for each other but we were still not sure how the round would go. In the end there were tears and lots of hugs. If it wasn't for the rain delay and am not sure I would have pulled it together mentally to perform in the second round.

Honestly, for me, it was probably during and after the first round. Not to take anything away from anything else or the other two rounds at the MC 2.0, but that round was so so so special for a number of reasons. The quality of golf was bar none, the greatest that I have ever been involved in from both teams, but also because of the people that I played with. It was such an emotional and amazing round with TC, Yoccos and Howzat. We all said it. It was almost beyond words. I have never been that close to crying after an athletic contest. All three matches were unreal and amazing, but that first round was simply a culmination of everything that we have all been working towards for 7 months. Don't get me wrong, my other rounds were immensely fun and great with One- T, Cookie and SW, and then on Sunday with INgolfer and TC, but that first round, for a round to exceed every single expectation I had and to complete in my mind exactly what The Morgan Cup is and is about was something that will choke me up for the rest of my life.

TC is also correct here. There are a ton of highlights but the first round was special for me.

While the golf was amazing and a huge part of everything Morgan Cup I think the highlight was that first night in TBT's place where everyone was starting to show up and the sheer excitement that everyone had. We all looked forward to this for so long and wow, we're actually together now.

That and being a part of Kelly and Regina's special moment on Friday night....that was amazing!

The post MC celebration.

Playing a 10 man scramble match at the par 3 course the night before competition starting.

64C

Being a part of Hawk winning his first ever Morgan Cup match.

Partnering up with JB for the most amazing match I've ever seen let alone been a part of.

3 man match with Cookie and Erik.

TYNO

The list literally could go on and on and on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are way too many highlights to list here, and I'm sure I'll get into some of them when I shoot a video that will go in the official recap thread.

However, if you ask me to pick just one: seeing David propose to Regina. To know how far that they traveled to be part of the Morgan Cup and how they sacrificed leading up to the event, and then to see that amazing moment and the love in their eyes for one another, that was really special. Yes, I'm a big softie, but you asked me for the highlight, so there it is.

Excellent thoughts guys. Amazing amazing unforgettable weekend.

There are way too many highlights to list here, and I'm sure I'll get into some of them when I shoot a video that will go in the official recap thread.

However, if you ask me to pick just one: seeing David propose to Regina. To know how far that they traveled to be part of the Morgan Cup and how they sacrificed leading up to the event, and then to see that amazing moment and the love in their eyes for one another, that was really special. Yes, I'm a big softie, but you asked me for the highlight, so there it is.

Ahhh, good point there. I was thinking strictly golf when I gave my answer but I had tears during that proposal - just such a special moment to be apart of. David & Regina are both incredible individuals and will now be lifelong friends.

Ahhh, good point there. I was thinking strictly golf when I gave my answer but I had tears during that proposal - just such a special moment to be apart of. David & Regina are both incredible individuals and will now be lifelong friends.

Yessir. It was so special to be there for that. Nice post Ary and Cookie.

I wish I could give just one highlight, but it's impossible.

I liked the off-course moments as much as the rest of it. Loved the parties. Loved the par 3 course at 10pm. The dinner. The first round with Jake is something I'll remember forever. The hilarity and back and forth of the match with Tmex, Chunky, and Kelly. The unthinkable putts that dropped with yorkem and SW. The crazy emotion at the trophy ceremony. The all day celebration on Sunday. It all just ruled.

There were so many, but I would prefer to answer this after the footage has been shown.

Completely agree. The amount of sacrifice that Kelly made in order to be there was incredible. He then shares one of lifes biggest moments with us all. How amazing was that moment?

I also want to say that the first day was my favorite day ever. First round matchup surpassed any type of thought that I had going in. Such a competitive yet fun round. Ary's parents are special. His mom was yelling at us to make birdie's and when we did she demanded more lol! I will never forget our hole of the day. Ever. I still cant believe that happened

Second round on day one was the absolute most fun I have ever had on a golf course. Not sure I have laughed that hard in my lifetime. Darts being thrown on top of each other. It was 8 clicks special

Final round was an absolute blast. Hanks was bombing the driver after fixing it after 3 holes lol. Dean is an absolute beast of a match play player. Unflappable.

Getting to know the 24 guys better. Just a fantastic group and people that I will call lifelong friends.

Getting to know the volunteers better. You want to talk about selfless. They did a phenomenal job. Frank is the next Peter Aliss!

64C. That is all that needs to be said. Sharkwrestler!!

Getting to know the 2 captains and their wives better. I was nervous going in because I knew that they were close friends and I could have been the 5th wheel lol. But they were all so nice and welcomed me in. Just incredible people and they all will have a special place in my heart.

I could write 100 more things. The entire experience was my favorite part. I loved it all

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Back