TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

The RBZ Tour 3 Wood is one of my favorite clubs in my bag. Just fantastic off the tee and off the deck.
Totally agree with you there. I know for me when my driver gets a little out of whack I pull out the 3w and have the confidence I can get in the middle of the fairway with only a little loss of distance.

I played my first 2 rounds with my new RBX 4 hybrid. I am going to have it reshafted next week with my Matrix 9T shaft so in these initial rounds I am just trying to get a feel for aspects of the head, (turf interaction, forgiveness, etc...). So far I'm not thrilled with rounded sole. I am used to flatter soled hybrids and with the RBZ if I don't hit it right in the center of the face it results in a thin shot that doesn't go very far. I am still going to have it reshafted I think and see if some of the problems finding the center of the face are corrected sith a stiffer aftermarket shaft.

Rocketballz RBZ Tour 3 Wood - 13* vs 14.5*

Rocketballz RBZ Tour 3 Wood - 13* vs 14.5*

I'm about upgrade from an R11 3 wood to one of the two RBZ Tour 3 woods. I've heard they spin much less than the R11. I was wondering what THP’ers who have hit the Tour RBZs think of the 13* vs. the 14.5*. I'm sure the 13* is longer off the tee, but I hit my 3 wood off the deck most of the time. Maybe 1.5* is too microsopic to make much of a difference, but I'll subconsciously think the 14.5* is easier to launch. I could probably hood it down to 13* if needed.

the 3 and 4 RBZ tour hybrids are in my ponder mode right now...

the 3 and 4 RBZ tour hybrids are in my ponder mode right now...

I chose the standard model as the slightly larger head with the stock stiff shaft have been perfect for me. I actually grew tired of the smaller head that my Rescue 11 had. I used the RBZ 2 more times in 9 holes today -- once to get out of trouble (drew a shot around a cluster of trees from the rough) and once off the tee. The tee shot went just over the green on an uphill 225 yard par 3 with a smooth swing and no wind. I used to have to hit my 18* Rescue 11 pure on that hole and would come up short on the fringe more often than not. I just need to tee the ball up a little higher there from now on. What a great problem to have! The hotter face and speed pocket really work.

Last edited:
You would be hard pressed to get my Rescue 11 out of my bag. 220-235 set on 17.5 degree of loft. I play the Aldila Alpha RIP shaft in all my woods.

70 g in driver
80 in 3 wood
85 in hybrid

Perfect shaft for me.

I have been eyeballing the RBZ tour stuff though

I went with the RBZ tour for the driver and it has been perfect. For the 3H I ended up going with the non tour version. I was not a big fan of the fade bias on the tour version.

Decided I am going to stick with my 2.0 rescues. I am hitting them straight and long and don't want to mess with it.

I believe I just went through a break in period... I struggled at first with 3w. I could hit it but I was tad inconsistent compared to now. In my last 5 rounds I have yet to not hit awesome shots with this club. My tee game is goods right. Ow and if I sense I should put driver (model of cOnsistancy right now) away. I k ow I can hit a fw sPlitter that goes deep enough to put me in a gr8 position. Oh I love the sound of this thing. It's loud and I love it

I went with the RBZ tour for the driver and it has been perfect. For the 3H I ended up going with the non tour version. I was not a big fan of the fade bias on the tour version.

I gotta try that driver.
I'm about to trade in my R11 3 wood for the RBZ Tour 3 wood.

I gotta try that driver.

I'm a big fan of the RBZ Tour line as well. I might be getting a Tour 3 14.5 degrees soon and I hit the hybrid and loved it. I'm hopefully getting fit within the next month from my club pro.

I gotta try that driver.

Sell me your R11 3 wood instead! Seriously

For those that went to the RBZ hybrids from the Rescue 11 hybrids, what type of distance gains (if any) did you see from the RBZ if the lofts were relatively the same on both clubs?

I have been liking how the Mashie 2 hybrid performed for me off of the tee, but I also liked the Rescue 11 hybrids last year and the RBZ Tour 3 hybrid does have me a bit interested in it. The Mashie 2 hybrid is 18 degrees and the RBZ Tour 3 hybrid is 18.5 degrees, for what it's worth.

Just went and tried the 13* and 14.5* Tour RBZ 3 woods (stiff shafts) and hit every shot off the ground, not a mat. There wasn't a monitor to measure spin rate, but I hit the 14.5* with a little draw that I love. I faded every shot with the 13* and my R11. I really like the lower ball flight over my ballooning R11, so I pulled the trigger on the 14.5* as it was a little easier to hit off the deck. The RBZ averaged 15 yards farther than my R11. The longest hit with the R11 was 245 and the longest hit with RBZ was 262. I was the only one at the range (outdoors, no wind, real grass) and was able to walk out to measure the distances. I hit white balls with the R11 and yellow balls with the RBZ and measured the difference with a tape. I attribute some of the RBZ's distance increase over the R11 to the RBZ having 1* less loft.

Once I had the distance and dispersion testing out of the way, I hit a bucket of balls just focusing on working the ball. They only had demo models of the Tour versions so I had to order mine and it'll be here in a few days. I'll update my signature as soon as it arrives.

Last edited:
Sell me your R11 3 wood instead! Seriously

I just ordered the RBZ Tour 14.5* 3 wood today so the R11 has to go. I like my new RBZ hybrid so much that it made me re-evaluate my fairway wood!

For those that went to the RBZ hybrids from the Rescue 11 hybrids, what type of distance gains (if any) did you see from the RBZ if the lofts were relatively the same on both clubs?

I have been liking how the Mashie 2 hybrid performed for me off of the tee, but I also liked the Rescue 11 hybrids last year and the RBZ Tour 3 hybrid does have me a bit interested in it. The Mashie 2 hybrid is 18 degrees and the RBZ Tour 3 hybrid is 18.5 degrees, for what it's worth.

I'm hitting my RBZ 19* hybrid 220 yards off the tee. I hit it just as far as my 18* Rescue 11 but with seemingly less effort and better ball flight. I chalk some of that up to the bigger head of the non-tour model. When I put just a little more on it I can hit it 10 yards farther than my Rescue 11, which I measured at the range. What sold me on the RBZ more than the distance was how much better it performed out of divots, sand and dense rough. I also like the feel of the RBZ’s stiff shaft and the spring from the speed slot gimmick, so I pulled the trigger on the trade. I use it primarily for laying up off the tee and rescue situations over hitting it onto greens. I really like the mass of the non-Tour head and the way it sits square at address. I also hit the RBZ much straighter so it must spin less for me.

The bottom of the RBZ seems rounder than the Rescue 11 giving it wedge-like “bounce”. It went through the sand as if the ball was in the first cut of rough which completely surprised me. I grew tired of the Rescue 11's small head and adjustability options, wanting to get back to using my hands and swing to work the ball. I've played 54 holes with the RBZ so far and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
just received rbz fairway #3, 15degree from golfsmith.com, but

just received rbz fairway #3, 15degree from golfsmith.com, but

the label on the shaft says 15.5.
i thought it was supposed to be 15.0???

I know there is a HL version , not sure of the loft. its not one of those models isi t?

nvm thats 17*

This is not tour or HL fairways.
it's a regular rbz fairway #3, which should be 15.0 degree.
on the head, it says 15.0 degree, but the label on the shaft says Fw 3-15.5/Rh S.
I ordered it from golfsmith.com

No taylormade screwed up the upc's on the rbz's when the were released. They put the r11s lofts and upc codes on the rbz's by accident. The retailers were suppose to pull them and resticker them. Guess you got one that wasnt restickered.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

No taylormade screwed up the upc's on the rbz's when the were released. They put the r11s lofts and upc codes on the rbz's by accident. The retailers were suppose to pull them and resticker them. Guess you got one that wasnt restickered.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Seems like an innocent mistake. Maybe just take it to GS and have them check the loft to reassure yourself?

Hit the club. If you like the results, which you will or will not regardless of a half a degree of loft, keep it.

Hit the club. If you like the results, which you will or will not regardless of a half a degree of loft, keep it.

+1! unless you've already demoed them all and liked the 15 the best haha

Back