2012 London Olympics (Spoilers)

well, they are pretty set for life as long as they perform well at the olympics.

I don't fully understand how most Olympic athletes make the necessary sacrifices for what seems to me to be such a fleeting reward (Congratulations - here's your medal. Now go figure out what to do with your life because the skill you've dedicated virtually every waking moment to perfecting no longer has any practical value.).

Olympic athlete I don't understand, meet Chinese culture I don't understand. My mind is officially blown.

Olympic athletes are just the best at a sport that they love (for the most part). It's a goal to get to the pinnacle of sport in any sport, correct? That would be the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Olympics, what have you....

But the Chinese culture I don't understand at all either.

Holy crap. That Korean fencer just freaked out when he won the bronze. Lol.

Holy crap. That Korean fencer just freaked out when he won the bronze. Lol.

I knew he was going to go low there...he had been faking that touch for the entire bout and Kelsey should have known he'd go there. Grrr...another medal slips by the USA.

I knew he was going to go low there...he had been faking that touch for the entire bout and Kelsey should have known he'd go there. Grrr...another medal slips by the USA.

That was an awesome match though. Very intense.

That was an awesome match though. Very intense.

Definitely. Very entertaining. And another potentially entertaining one up next. Go Zagunis!

Definitely. Very entertaining. And another potentially entertaining one up next. Go Zagunis!

Yeah I hope she wins. 3 straight gold ls would be awesome.

Wow. Women's fencing >>>>> Men's fencing.

Is there a mercy rule here?

Olympic athletes are just the best at a sport that they love (for the most part). It's a goal to get to the pinnacle of sport in any sport, correct? That would be the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Olympics, what have you....

But the Chinese culture I don't understand at all either.

well, they are pretty set for life as long as they perform well at the olympics.

Winning the Super Bowl would likely be the bi-product of a multi-year career in which I make millions of dollars in the NFL, similar to tremendous success in any major sport. I understand people like Michael Phelps and Shawn Johnson can rack up major endorsements, and book deals, and speaking gigs - but it also seems like only a small handful out of the hundreds of athletes we send over ever actually make that leap to stardom.

Wow, I didn't know there actually was one. But Kim's coming back.

Uh oh...Kim is REALLY coming back. Doesn't look good...

Uh oh...Kim is REALLY coming back. Doesn't look good...

She's almost to 15 though. I think she should win this one. I hope so anyways.

Bye bye. What a comeback.

(realize now that was probably someone in the audience)

Tough match for Zagunis - she'll lose sleep over that one.

Last edited:
(realize now that was probably someone in the audience)

Tough match for Zagunis - she'll lose sleep over that one.

She'll really lose sleep now. She just lost her bronze medal match...which was expected, after that kind of collapse.

474988_m02.jpg

Wow at Kelsey on the left, great picture, LOL.

dude on the left looks like DHJKelly after winning the Morgan Cup!

Whoops I meant dude on the left...and I do see similarities!

the USA had been struggling today in events they should be winning. Couple fencing matches, now Ellison loses in Archery. Seems like they've had a ton of events like that so far this Olympics!

the USA had been struggling today in events they should be winning. Couple fencing matches, now Ellison loses in Archery. Seems like they've had a ton of events like that so far this Olympics!

Both Americans lost in Archery, too! What a dissapointing day for the USA today. I have women's basketball on now - the USA should win this one.

I can't wait to get home and watch some more Olympics. I just like watching sports that I don't care about once every 4 years and then acting like I actually care for a few days. I mean, the Canadian Rowing team really needs to step their games up

Fact: Any time the Americans lose in any event, I get annoyed. I don't even care if we're the overwhelming underdog going into it. Is that wrong?

Back