Tour Edge Exotics Xrail Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

prodbig.jpg

Exotics Xrail - Taking Fairway Wood Forgiveness To An Entirely New Level.

Batavia, IL - The Exoitcs Xrail fairway wood from Tour Edge Golf expands on the company’s superiority in fairway wood design to make hitting great fairway wood shots effortless.

The easygoing performance of the Exotics Xrail can be credited to its wide diamond rail, v‐shaped sole that guides the clubface into a square position at impact. Placing 15% more weight in the heel and toe areas than its predecessor, the Xrail produces a higher moment of inertia for enhanced stability on offcenter hits. Further enhancing the club’s forgiveness, the v‐shaped sole design minimizes divots from heavy lies and lowers the Xrail’s center of gravity so it’s easy to get shots up in the air and on their way to the target.

Just like other Exotics fairway woods, the Xrail features multi‐metal construction combining a hypersteel body with a thinner Carpenter steel face. To generate longer hitting shots, the Xrail features variable face thickness and utilizes CAD frequency analysis to make the club more efficient. This computer‐aided design technique perfectly determines the club head’s inner architecture and wall thickness to enhance performance for greater forgiveness, longer shots, and better feel.

Turn your fairway wood shots into works of art with one of the easiest‐to‐hit fairway woods ever, the Xrail by Exotics. The Xrail fairway wood feature Tour Edge’s lifetime warranty and 30-day play guarantee.

They are available in Graphite Design G-Series 60 graphite shafts for $179. For more information, call (800) 515-3343 or visit www.touredge.com.

prodbig.jpg

With Exotics Hybrid Forgiveness Is Second Nature.

Batavia, IL - The message is clear and unmistakable: power, accuracy, and forgiveness. These are the attributes of one of the best performing hybrids in golf, the Exotics Xrail from Tour Edge.

Easy-to-hit, the Xrail’s sole features two outer rails and one wider inner rail that help players hit perfect shots from any lie. The new Xrail places 15% more weight in the larger outer rails to produce a higher moment of inertia for enhanced stability on off-center hits. The new inner rail or Diamond sole is wider than previous models. The v-shaped Diamond sole guides the clubface into a square position at impact. The sole design also minimizes divots from heavy lies so shots get up and away quickly and easily.

Exotics products have a rich heritage of craftsmanship. The Xrail is no different. Incorporating multimetal construction, the Xrail combines a hyper-steel body with a thinner Carpenter steel face. The thinner face along with variable face thickness allows for exceptional feel, proven forgiveness and added power, even on off-center hits.

Turn your hybrid shots into works of art with one of the easiest-to-hit hybrids ever, the X-rail by Exotics. The Xrail features Tour Edge’s lifetime warranty and 30-day play guarantee. It is available in Graphite Design G-Series 60 graphite shafts for $129. For more information, call (800) 515-3343 or visit
www.touredge.com.

3, 5 and 7 W available in LH. That is exciting. I have heard nothing but good things about TE. These are interesting. Wonder if they will be in any stores around here.

• Staff
Obviously not the exact same, but that rail looks a lot like what I have in the bag right now.

3, 5 and 7 W available in LH. That is exciting. I have heard nothing but good things about TE. These are interesting. Wonder if they will be in any stores around here.

Really? I want to try a 7 wood. That's awesome. Go TEE!

I have been hitting woods way better than hybrids so I'd like to try the 7W for sure. The rail intrigues me a lot also

TEE makes some really good fairway woods, I played the TEE CB 3 wood for a couple of years.

Very cool, love the rail design on these TE clubs!

Hawk is this something you have coming in for review? The point there on the sole right at the leading edge looks very familiar.

--
Tapatalk2

• Staff
Yea it does. Very familiar. No, im not reviewing them that I know if. Just a press release.

Posted via tapatalk

Yea it does. Very familiar. No, im not reviewing them that I know if. Just a press release.

Posted via tapatalk

Ok, thought so but I didn't know if you had a heads up from hq. 7 wood shootout!

--
Tapatalk2

I'm a big fan of the Tour Edge Exotics fairways and currently game the Trilogy line. They are great hitting clubs and worked better than the more popular Mashies for me.

Strengths for the Trilogy FWs:
- Feel: I know this is personal preference, but the Trilogy FWs have the most solid feel of any fairway woods that I've personally ever hit. While I've never personally hit Sonartec's woods, I've heard people compare the feel.
- Length: I know they're carpenter steel as opposed to titanium and don't have the slots, but I get good distance from them. Distance wise, I hit the 3 wood only about 25 yards shorter than I hit my driver.
- Forgiveness: They're my most forgiving long club regardless of lie. Miss it a little high or low (those are my typical misses) and it still goes.
- Looks: These are sweet looking clubs in person. Pictures (and particularly the marketing ones) really don't do them justice. I think they look better than any of the XCG lines and are by far the best looking club in my bag. The head cover is attractive (and functional) as well.
- Ball height: I've always struggled with 3 woods from the deck, but have had absolutely no problems with the Trilogy. I'm not sure if it is the head (with lots of weight low and back in the back diamond), the shaft, or both but they get the ball up in the air. That may make it possibly too high launching for some, but I think they're great for anyone who has ever struggled with a 3 wood. You can hit them easy and they really do get the ball up in the air.
- Neutral at address: Very, very neutral face with no visible offset (at least to my eye). I had a XCG3 fairway that seemed to constantly fall open. I've had other FWs that seemed to want to be shut. If you want to open it or shut it you can, but it sets up very neutral. It is very confidence inspiring.

I really feel like the Trilogy has been an under appreciated line and would like to see the Xrail get some pub. I firmly believe if a larger OEM (with more advertising, more demo days and more distributors where people could hit them) would have launched the Trilogy, people would have been raving.

I'm quite interested to see if there are noticeable differences when playing the Xrails versus the Trilogy line. It seems like the changes this year are iterative. The sole's point might be a little less steep (and more like the Mashie), but I'd have to hold the Xrail and Trilogy up next to one another to tell. The shafts seem to be the same. The marketing guide suggests a little more weight back, low and at the perimeters.

If anyone hits the Xrail, I'd love to hear a review. I'd also love to see some head to head comparisons between the Xrail and Mashie and between the Trilogy and Xrail. Launch monitor data would be neat as well.

I really want to try and hit some TEE but they are hard to find up here they look great

I really want to try and hit some TEE but they are hard to find up here they look great

Yep. I think that is what really holds Tour Edge back. I live in a rather large US market where there are a lot of people who golf, and where you can golf year round. I still have only been able to find the XCG5 drivers and a handful of older XCG drivers to hit locally. While one local spot has had a demo day of every major OEM this summer, Tour Edge unfortunately hasn't been at any of them.

Their equipment holds its value fairly well as well, so many are less apt to make an impulse buy online. That's exactly what I did with the Trilogy though. I'd struggled to find a 3 wood that I liked and scored a Trilogy at a good price. I figured that if it didn't work, I wouldn't be out anything. It'd just be another in a line of failed fairway wood experiments. I'm happy that I took the gamble!

Looks interesting and I wonder how they'd compare to the Mashies.

Spoiler
ryebread: how has the 13*and and 16.5* worked out for you? I was curious if you think you can make the 13*and and 18* work for your bag or you feel the 15* or 16.5* is needed for fairway shots?

I also use a TEE Trilogy fairway wood. Bought it new online on reputation and cost and couldn't be happier. It's a 4W 16.5* and has replaced my previous Callaway 15* 3W which I only had confidence with off the tee. The Trilogy is great. Very forgiving and with a high launch that I need as a low ball hitter, particularly out of the rough. It's as long as my old 3W and 10 times easier.

This new Xrail option looks to be combining the forgiveness and flexibility of the Trilogy with some of the materials and technology of the higher end Tour Edge offerings. I've a feeling that it will be worthwhile.

I definitely would like to give it a swing or two. They always have sweet headcovers, which ups their stock in my book.

Very cool....if these are an improvement over the XCG5's then TEE has another winner on their hands

MajBC: Maybe I can hit the 13 off the fairway, and maybe I can't. I'll know more after a few rounds. Either way, I think I want the gaps of the 13, 16.5, 21 combo. If I can't hit the 13 off the fairway, then I think the 16.5 is still going to be plenty long.

Millesy: I'm not sure if the head's manufacturing is really any different. While I've not spoken with Tour Edge directly, it seems the Xrail is just playing with the design some, moving the weight a bit more back and to the edges and the visual changes to the sole. The actual construction appears to be very similar. I was hoping for TI this round, but maybe that is gen 3.

These are long hitting clubs. For me, they're as long as the XCG3s that I had. I'm not sure whether I'd actually see any appreciable benefit from the Trilogy getting a TI face.

If there was a difference, I'm not sure it'd be worth the price premium. I feel like Tour Edge has found a great sweet spot in the price/performance balance with the Trilogy/Xrail line. It's still a higher end club, but at a price that is manageable. Going with titanium may push it out of the price range of their target market.

When I had my 13* and 19* set-up several years back it worked well for me and would leave you room for one more club.
On another note what happened to your 42* niblick? It was the most versatile one for me!

A bit of a blast from the past, but I saw a picture of a Xrail on another site in 10.5 degrees of loft. This would surely have to be a driver? I can't find anything on Tour Edge's website.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I found the answer to my question and it seems that more info is about to hit the Tour Edge web site shortly. For any who have liked the Trilogy or Xrail, I suspect you'll love the driver. From what I can tell, they're going to squarely hit their target market.

rye my prediction is you may be a little disappointed with this offering. My reason is it appears to be a deep faced driver and as I recall you are not fond of deep face drivers. Good luck though and maybe I'm wrong. I want to like the mashie fairway woods but am not sure just yet will have to wait til summer. I know they don't suit me on dormat fairways.

Back