THP Tour Van Event - St. Louis

Following the NJ event's lead, lets start putting some names together and their statuses. Having accurate numbers will really help make the event run as smooth as possible, while being as fair as we can to the courses hosting us. Its pretty basic, just leave a post and I will update the table. Saturday & Sunday - Yes, No, or Maybe. We still have a few months so we know there will be changes, but it will give us a better idea.

Last edited:
Saturday and Sunday Yes and Yes!

Also, getting ready to play Pevely Farms today at 11. Gonna be a hot one, but I love the course too much to pass it up!

Current plans have me as a yes for both days

At the moment (job situation possibly pending), I am in for both Saturday and Sunday.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Just a bump because I know we have alot of new members on following The Open today. Come join us for a round (or 2) in St. Louis.

Maybe, maybe. All depends on my rotating schedule.

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

I'll try to repost the hotel information that was lost later tonight, if anybody coming in from out of town thinks it would be helpful.

I am now definitely a yes for both days, late tee time on Saturday. I just booked my flights, arrive Saturday morning at 9:55 am

Dan

I am a yes for both days.

Count me in for sure, both days. Nothing better to do than spend the weekend out on the course.

Bluffs, Pevely, Gateway are all excellent choices, I can't think of anything better off the top of my head. For those that are thinking of playing at Forest Park, I would recommend checking out The Highlands course, rather than the Norman K Probstein Courses. It's a 9 hole track, recently re-done. Norman K is nice, but almost always overcrowded.

I grabbed some hotel information for the hotels that are closest to the Missouri Bluffs Golf Club where we'll be playing on Saturday. The rates shown are based on the weekend of the Tour Van event, and may include early booking discounts, so they might be subject to change.

If anyone wants help finding other accomodations further out, closer to family attractions or anything like that, feel free to PM me.

Wingate by Wyndham - $88
Closest to the course, actually backs up to the ninth hole.

Residence Inn by Marriott - $99
3 miles from Missouri Bluffs

Hampton Inn & Suites - $99
6.5 miles from Missouri Bluffs

Hilton Garden Inn - $101
6.5 miles from Missour Bluffs

Holiday Inn Express - $101
3.5 miles from Missouri Bluffs

Staybridge Suites - $104
Right next door to Holiday Inn Express

Thanks for your help SharkHat, its good to see so many new members jumping into the thread and joining us in Sept.

Thanks for your help SharkHat, its good to see so many new members jumping into the thread and joining us in Sept.

I'm happy to lend a hand.

I've been holding off on putting anything up about evening activities yet. I was waiting to see what parts of town or types of establishments most people would be interested in checking out.

Those of us that know the area should probably try to get some of list together with possible locales, so that we can get input from people coming in from out of town.

Main Street St Charles has bars and nightlife, boutique shopping (Trailhead Brewery also)
Chesterfield has no shortage of bars and grills.
O'Fallon has some decent spots, McGurk's Public House (one of my favorite stops)
Clayton/The Loop
Central West End
DogTown
Wineries on 94

I go to school in Champaign, IL which is about 3 hours from STL. I will do everything I can to make it down for at least one round, most likely Saturday. Finally! A THP event that I am able to get away from school and still afford it. Looking forward to this!

I'm happy to lend a hand.

I've been holding off on putting anything up about evening activities yet. I was waiting to see what parts of town or types of establishments most people would be interested in checking out.

Those of us that know the area should probably try to get some of list together with possible locales, so that we can get input from people coming in from out of town.

Main Street St Charles has bars and nightlife, boutique shopping (Trailhead Brewery also)
Chesterfield has no shortage of bars and grills.
O'Fallon has some decent spots, McGurk's Public House (one of my favorite stops)
Clayton/The Loop
Central West End
DogTown
Wineries on 94

Yeah, you are going to have to help me out. I know Chesterfield decently, but no clue about the rest of these you have listed.

I was also curious to see if JB and Morgan will have any preferences. Proximity to the campground might be a factor.

I was also curious to see if JB and Morgan will have any preferences. Proximity to the campground might be a factor.

Obviously. I think you said you want someplace you can drive to on two wheels after golf. So, unless you have a sidecar that JB and Morgan can ride in..............:act-up:

I go to school in Champaign, IL which is about 3 hours from STL. I will do everything I can to make it down for at least one round, most likely Saturday. Finally! A THP event that I am able to get away from school and still afford it. Looking forward to this!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Obviously. I think you said you want someplace you can drive to on two wheels after golf. So, unless you have a sidecar that JB and Morgan can ride in..............:act-up:

I thought about it, and would be willing to forgo bringing out the bike if chauffeur services are needed.

I thought about it, and would be willing to forgo bringing out the bike if chauffeur services are needed.

Our cars are crap. If they leave anyone stranded, I would prefer it to be only Kelly and I. LOL. We would expect it.

I am game for whatever the St. Louis boys decide to do. Kelly will do her own thing while we are playing golf and demoing, and besides seafood, will eat just about anything.

So I'm trying to figure out how I can do this on the cheap. The most I could do would be just Sat. Anyone interested in splitting a hotel? I am on a strict budget, but I really really want to meet JB, GG, Hawk, and everyone else.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Our cars are crap. If they leave anyone stranded, I would prefer it to be only Kelly and I. LOL. We would expect it.

I am game for whatever the St. Louis boys decide to do. Kelly will do her own thing while we are playing golf and demoing, and besides seafood, will eat just about anything.

Are you guys bringing two cars?? If you want to save some gas and leave the car for Kelly, I can get you to and from the courses.

So I'm trying to figure out how I can do this on the cheap. The most I could do would be just Sat. Anyone interested in splitting a hotel? I am on a strict budget, but I really really want to meet JB, GG, Hawk, and everyone else.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

If Kelly can't get off of work or decides not to go, I could split a room. I will know probably within the next week or so whether she is going to make the trip as well.

Back