Golf Magazine's Eighth Annual PGA Tour Players Survey

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
This was a fun little read:
http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,1894374,00.html

SI recently polled 72 players (including Tiger!) to gauge their feelings on issues regarding the state of the game and other matters. Some of the players declined to answer certain questions (thus the percentages are for respondents only), while others offered, under 
 the cloak of anonymity, some choice one-liners, the most notable of which are included

Should Paul Azinger have been named captain of 2010 U.S. Ryder Cup team?
63% Yes
37% No

Loose Lips
Only if we wanted to win again
Do you have Tiger's phone number on your speed dial?
11% Yes
89% No
Tiger Woods has won 14 majors. Will he break Jack Nicklaus's record of 18?
100% Yes
0% No

Loose Lips
Unless he loses the other leg
Who will win a major first: Sergio Garcia, Anthony Kim, Rory McIlroy, Adam Scott or Camilo Villegas?
48% Garcia
19% Kim
14% McIlroy
12% Villegas
7% Scott
Who is the second-best player in golf?
72% Phil Mickelson
12% Sergio Garcia
6% Padraig Harrington
Also receiving votes: Ernie Els, Jim Furyk, Geoff Ogilvy, Vijay Singh, Tiger Woods
Ernie Els, Padraig Harrington, Phil Mickelson and Vijay Singh all have won three majors. Which player will end his career having won the most?
70% Mickelson
25% Harrington
3% Els
2% Singh
Who is the best player without a PGA Tour victory?
Tim Clark 33%
Brett Quigley 24%
Briny Baird 19%

Also receiving votes: Harrison Frazar, Matthew Goggin, Rory McIlroy, Colin Montgomerie, Kevin Streelman, Bo Van Pelt

Loose Lips
You mean this week?
If the purses on the European tour were 50% more than those on the PGA Tour and you were granted an exemption, would you play over there?
Yes 26%
No 74%
With the Dow around 8,000, have you lost more than $1 million in net worth?
Yes 23%
No 77%
How big is your house? (in square feet)?
2,000-5,000 49%
6,000-8,000 40%
9,000-11,000 11%

Loose Lips
Which one?
Because of commissioner Tim Finchem's request, have you added more tournaments to your schedule this year?
Yes 32%
No 68%

Loose Lips
I Thought we were independent contractors
How many FedEx Cup points do you get for a PGA Tour win?
500* 54%
Other 46%
* 500 is correct

In light of the bad economy, should the Tour help sponsors by lowering purses?
No 55%
Yes 45%
Do you regularly attend religious services?
Yes 40%
No 60%
Loose Lips
Kind of hard when we play every Sunday.
Do you have a tattoo?
Yes 3%
No 97%

Loose Lips
I have one but don't know what it says because I was too drunk
Who is the best-dressed player?
Tiger Woods 41%
Adam Scott 19%
Tommy Armour III 14%

Also receiving votes: Fred Couples, Steve Elkington, Brian Gay, Shigeki Maruyama, Rocco Mediate, Jesper Parnevik, Ian Poulter
Who is the worst-dressed player?
Steve Elkington 24%
Eric Axley 22%
Woody Austin 22%
Ian Poulter 16%
Also receiving votes: Kenneth Ferrie, Brian Gay, Phil Mickelson, Jeff Overton, Jesper Parnevik, Kevin Sutherland

Who is the hottest significant other?
My wife 27%
Kristy (wife of Parker) McLachlin 23%
Richelle (Aaron) Baddeley 13%
Liz (Bob) Estes 8%
Also receiving votes: Cortney (Eric) Axley, Jennifer (Glen) Day, Leot Chen (girlfriend of Vaughn Taylor), Amber Uresti (girlfriend of Nick Watney), Melissa Weber (girlfriend of Matt Jones)
Who knows more of your secrets, your wife or your caddie?
Wife 70%
Caddie 30%
Which of these couples would you and your significant other most want to have dinner with?
Jack and Barbara Nicklaus 33%
Barack and Michelle Obama 33%
Brad and Angelina 24%
Todd and Sarah Palin 7%
Rory and Amy Sabbatini 3%
Barack Obama and Sarah Palin run for president in 2012. Who gets your vote?
Obama 53%
Palin 26%
Undecided 21%
Loose Lips
I want to see what happens over the next four years​

I saw that too Harry. I called a couple of people and here is what I got. 3-4 questions were NOT answered by the majority of players. Most were answered and had fun with it.

Liz (Bob) Estes 8%​
http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,1894374,00.html

I still just lurv this photo of Liz Estes:
liz_estes.jpg

I think in the Best Player without a victory catagory, Mcilroy should win hands down. I can understand it though seeing as he has not been on the tour very long.

Which of these couples would you and your significant other most want to have dinner with?

Jack and Barbara Nicklaus 33%
Barack and Michelle Obama 33%
Brad and Angelina 24%
Todd and Sarah Palin 7%
Rory and Amy Sabbatini 3%

For some reason this one stuck out to me the most, I just can't figure out why 3% would want to have dinner with Rory.

Is crazydog on tour?

Only see one pic Harry. And four white squares with red x's in them.

Edit:I don't know what's going on, if I take what's inside your IMG tags and paste it in my browser, it takes me to the picture.

Edit #2: Now I see the second pic.

Edit #3: Every time I do that, that pic shows up! This is weid. The strange thing is, Harry, yours are the only pics I have consistent trouble seeing!

I can see all but the last 2 pics. She is OK, nothing special though.

Bake: I have copied all his IMG tags into my browser (xcept the fourth) and I can see all those now (except the fourth!)

This is weird. Can you see the fifth one now?

The fifth:

51765915.jpg

At least I see it. "P.C. is not PC," rear view angle.

I saw that one before WSE; is everyone having an issue of some kind with those five pics?

The only one I stioll see the white box with the red x is the fourth one. The only one I did not copy and paste what's in the IMG tags.

I saw that one before WSE; is everyone having an issue of some kind with those five pics?

Yeah, now I'm getting #1, 2, and 5, but not 3 and 4. Maybe you have to visit the site first to get the image page in your cache, then THP will pull it up when trying to view through the tag here? Dunno.

Edit: I think that must be it -- as I now see all 5 after first visiting the 5 of them by pasting into the browser.

I still cant see the 5th one, not at all. I cant even see the 5th one in WSE's posts.

Maybe. But does that happen with a lot of people's pics on here? Or just Harry's?

Not to single out Harry, because it happens from time to time with everyone's, but his happen an inordinate amount. Of course, he posts a ton of pics!

(On a side note, it NEVER has happened to me, that I recall, when he posts LPGA tournament pics!)

Usually pics show up for me... Perhaps thats a question you should ask Hacker.

Does the fact that they only show up if you've visited the picture in your browser have to do with the fact that the IMG tags in the post use a "cache.getty" address?

Does the fact that they only show up if you've visited the picture in your browser have to do with the fact that the IMG tags in the post use a "cache.getty" address?

I'm pretty sure that's it.

I just can't believe you've all spent so much time on those photos!

We don't have anything else to do Claire!

Well I can't see all of the pics but the pics that are showing up dispell the hot wife theory.

Edit: Thanks for posting the pictures Harry, good job as always

We don't have anything else to do Claire!

I'm just too busy to be on much lately.

Wasn't there a similar survey within the past year? Some more whimsical questions?

My wife 27%
Kristy (wife of Parker) McLachlin 23%
Richelle (Aaron) Baddeley 13%
Liz (Bob) Estes 8%

Also receiving votes: Cortney (Eric) Axley, Jennifer (Glen) Day, Leot Chen (girlfriend of Vaughn Taylor), Amber Uresti (girlfriend of Nick Watney), Melissa Weber (girlfriend of Matt Jones)

Another post that is worthless without pictures.

As for the 3% that want to have dinner with Rory. He was the only one that voted to have dinner with him and his wife. :laugh:

Back