But How Will I Get a Trans Am???

Depends how you look at it. If you are going to spend $30,000 for a GTO, spending $45,000 for a Z06 isnt a whole lot more money, especially considering how much more performance you get with a Z06...

maybe 15000 isnt a lot to you, but it is to me

Oh, I dont know but 50% increase in cost of anything is a lot.

plus the GTO was made to go up against Mustangs and Camaros. NOT Corvettes.

maybe 15000 isnt a lot to you, but it is to me
Im driving a model year '99 truck, so yeah, its a lot of money to me too. Im merely saying that if you are going to blow $30,000 on a sportscar, whats another $15,000 for a Z06 (especially considering how much more performance you get with a Z06).
To each their own though, I dont mean to cut your car down and I apologize if I came across like that.

where can u get a new Z06 for $45,000?

where can u get a new Z06 for $45,000?

I would grab 2 at that price. My neighbor has a real sweet black one & I believe with tax & all that crap his was north of $70k. I know it cost a boatload more than his Escalade pickup truck thing.

Depends how you look at it. If you are going to spend $30,000 for a GTO, spending $45,000 for a Z06 isnt a whole lot more money, especially considering how much more performance you get with a Z06...

a brand new GTO will run you about 30k. a brand new Z06 will cost you DOUBLE that. there is no comparison

I would grab 2 at that price. My neighbor has a real sweet black one & I believe with tax & all that crap his was north of $70k. I know it cost a boatload more than his Escalade pickup truck thing.

exactly.

It would kick the Mustangs arse, the Camaros not so much. At least stock.

Depends on which version of the Mustang - your basic run of the mill GT it would stomp. A GT500/GT500KR would be a different story. But those are going to cost in the same price range as a Corvette and not close to a Corvette's capability.

Depends on which version of the Mustang - your basic run of the mill GT it would stomp. A GT500/GT500KR would be a different story. But those are going to cost in the same price range as a Corvette and not close to a Corvette's capability.

That 700hp Shelby Super Snake would be a fun car to test out. Might & should give the Z06 a run for it's money, but as you point out for the amount of $$$$ it costs it damn well better.

The GT500 is a different beast, as you noted they are getting into the Vette range on pricing. I was referring to the regular GT. I'm not up on all the Mustangs that are available, what year did the GT500 become available? The last year for the GTO was '06 I believe, was the Cobra still around then? If so they were pretty stout as well with the SC.

i have a 96 Cobra and a 2004 Cobra and my 05 GTO is faster (quicker) than both of them. but yes, the GT500, GT500KR, z06, are different beasts altogether.

That 700hp Shelby Super Snake would be a fun car to test out. Might & should give the Z06 a run for it's money, but as you point out for the amount of $$$$ it costs it damn well better.

Don't forget about the new ZR1, of course it costs $100k, fastest Vette ever.:D

The GT500 is a different beast, as you noted they are getting into the Vette range on pricing. I was referring to the regular GT. I'm not up on all the Mustangs that are available, what year did the GT500 become available? The last year for the GTO was '06 I believe, was the Cobra still around then? If so they were pretty stout as well with the SC.

The GT500 was introduced in 2007, the GT500KR came in 2008. The 2010 GT500 steals the 540HP engine from the KR and adds a better handling suspension with the restyled body - supposed to be much better in the turns. The only thing Ford's built in recent years that could touch a Z06/ZR1 was the Ford GT, which was a rocketship (at $155,000 MSRP or so!). The 03/04 Cobras were sweet little critters with the supercharger.

Couple weeks ago I drove a friend's '08 BMW M5. That thing was seriously fast. Don't know how it compares to the flat-out muscle cars you guys are talking about ... I used to know new car (and bike) stats by heart, but I've lost track in my old age. The nice thing about the BMW though is it is a sweet luxury car with serious muscle. Ridiculously expensive, but fun to drive when it's someone else's dough.

The GT500 was introduced in 2007, the GT500KR came in 2008. The 2010 GT500 steals the 540HP engine from the KR and adds a better handling suspension with the restyled body - supposed to be much better in the turns. The only thing Ford's built in recent years that could touch a Z06/ZR1 was the Ford GT, which was a rocketship (at $155,000 MSRP or so!). The 03/04 Cobras were sweet little critters with the supercharger.

I seen (saw) a Ford GT at a dealership when I was having my truck serviced. It was around the time they were first reintroduced. The price tag on it was (I kid you not) $200k plus. The base price was over $100k then there was a short supply tax of $100k. I about sh!t myself when I seen that price tag. Made me feel a little better about dropping $400 on my service.

Yeah, those were a very limited run. Dealers definitely charged a premium for them since they knew they could get it. Just like the GT500KR. I know of one that was sold for ~$200K. Except a Ford GT will drive circles around the KR. :banana:

Back