What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four over 39. Reverted back to my old grip, and my old 3/4 swing.... straightened stuff out again. If I hadn't blasted 6 putts 10 feet past the hole, the score should have been better. Hit 6 of 7 fairways, just need to start getting my approach shots closer to the pin.

72 (E) in league tonight. 9 fw's and 11 greens. Three 3 putts and a double bogey. 5 birds. I'm considering sending the TM MATt lab at Lake Presidential a thank you card.

Damn fine round staples!! Proud of you buddy.

--
Tapatalk2

40/38 today. I have no excuse, minus topping three woods off the tee on consecutive holes on the first nine.. I have no words. I haven't done that in years.

Oh well, awesome company with my buddy Deano aka the touchdown.

I've been on a hot streak the past few weeks.

Understatement. I'm no longer considering playing you for money. I'll go broke in double or nothings.

Shot an even 36 tonight in league. 1 birdie, 1 bogey.

5 greens, 5 fairways.

Wedge game was vastly improved, don't think the Nikes can come out of my bag at this point.

Dude you are absolutely killing it lately. You're going to be a low single digit capper soon and you deserve every bit of it!

Played 9 and shot a 41 (+5), which was awesome considering I started with a double bogey, had 2 par putts lip out, and didn't make a single birdie. It's my lowest score of the year so far, so hopefully this is a trend that will continue! Will try to make it work for a full 18 this weekend...

I shot a 44 in league play tonight. 19 Putts is not going to get it done.

Played a round this morning a shot an 80. Missed a 6' putt on 18 to miss my first ever 79. Still very happy to tie my personal best.
Went out this evening on a different course and backed it up with an 83.
Still making too many mistakes but working it out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So all day at work today I watched coverage of MC 2.0 and was just FIRED up for league tonight. It showed. I come out on hole 1 which was downwind with it helping a bit left to right as well. I knew with the dry conditions if I could hammer a cut off the tee it would go forever. It did. 307 to be exact!

I went on to birdie 1 then bogeyed both the par 3s on the front for a round of 37 tonight. Watching MC coverage makes you a better golfer...simple as that! Everyone needs to buy the DVD when it hits the THP store!

So all day at work today I watched coverage of MC 2.0 and was just FIRED up for league tonight. It showed. I come out on hole 1 which was downwind with it helping a bit left to right as well. I knew with the dry conditions if I could hammer a cut off the tee it would go forever. It did. 307 to be exact!

I went on to birdie 1 then bogeyed both the par 3s on the front for a round of 37 tonight. Watching MC coverage makes you a better golfer...simple as that! Everyone needs to buy the DVD when it hits the THP store!

307 Jake, nice bomb!

That's awesome Jake. You're a beast of a golfer dude! Nice shootin'

I've been teasing the 80's the past 3 rounds. 2 Sat ago.. I had 72 coming to the 16th Par 5.. scored a 9; then 17th was a Par 3, scored a 6, then 18th was another Par 5, scored an 8.. Ouch!!! Final score - 95...

Last Thurs.. One blow up hole on the back 9 killed me.. scored a 10 on a Par 5 with a double island fairway.. dropped 3 times.. Ouch!! final score 92..

Yesterday, I thought I had a horrible round coz I didn't hit the ball well and short game wasn't great either; but ended up carding a 90..

I'm taking the positives coming into this Sat league play. Hope to dip in the 80's. It's been a few months since I was in the 80's. :)

Played a round this morning a shot an 80. Missed a 6' putt on 18 to miss my first ever 79. Still very happy to tie my personal best.
Went out this evening on a different course and backed it up with an 83.
Still making too many mistakes but working it out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nice rounds, Ryan. Keep that up and you will have that round in the 70's soon :)

Strange round for me with my dad yesterday. Thought maybe I would have good karma for the round as the mail lady the day before left someones Golf Galaxy coupons in my mailbox along with mine, so before I left I put them back in the mail box for them to go to the right person. Get to the course, good warm up, hit the first tee, good tee shot to the perfect position in the fairway hit my approach long and procedd to 4-putt from 60 feet. Then double the 2nd, 3 putt the 4th hole for bogey. Through 4 holes I am 5 over with 3 hit greens. It continued that way all round. Hit the ball great, never in trouble off the tee, hitting greens, just could get close to the hole with my approaches. I ended up shooting an 80 (42/38) with 38 Putts! I dont' think I have ever had that many putts in a round that I can remember. So much for the good karma..

Stats:
Winding River Golf Course, Indianapolis Par 71/6625/71.3/118
Score: 42/38=80 +9 (35/36=71)
Fir: 3/7f; 2/7b 5/14T
Gir: 6/9f; 7/9b 13/18T
Putts: 20f/18b 38T 1 4-putt, 1 3-putt

after watching the final round of coverage, i was so pumped to play golf...rain wasn't going to stop me.
also, i haven't played since the MC singles match on Sunday. easily the longest i've ever went without golfing, during the season.
i got lucky and the rain passed thru, but the course was so backed up, i didn't tee off until like 7pm!
met up with two dudes going off as well, and played well. was even thru 5, but threw up on the last few holes in the darkness.
think i shot a 40.
but i absolutely murdered the CC310 and will continue to do so tonight...gawd i love that driver.

Played the University of Illinois Orange course last night for the first time. Made a few mistakes just from not knowing the course but shot 44/44 for an 88, this is my 5th round in the 80's this year and I feel pretty good about an 88 on a course I've never played.

Strange round for me with my dad yesterday. Thought maybe I would have good karma for the round as the mail lady the day before left someones Golf Galaxy coupons in my mailbox along with mine, so before I left I put them back in the mail box for them to go to the right person. Get to the course, good warm up, hit the first tee, good tee shot to the perfect position in the fairway hit my approach long and procedd to 4-putt from 60 feet. Then double the 2nd, 3 putt the 4th hole for bogey. Through 4 holes I am 5 over with 3 hit greens. It continued that way all round. Hit the ball great, never in trouble off the tee, hitting greens, just could get close to the hole with my approaches. I ended up shooting an 80 (42/38) with 38 Putts! I dont' think I have ever had that many putts in a round that I can remember. So much for the good karma..

Stats:
Winding River Golf Course, Indianapolis Par 71/6625/71.3/118
Score: 42/38=80 +9 (35/36=71)
Fir: 3/7f; 2/7b 5/14T
Gir: 6/9f; 7/9b 13/18T
Putts: 20f/18b 38T 1 4-putt, 1 3-putt

4 PUTT?!?!?! Dude... I thought that SeeMore was your golden beauty?

It was crazy out there today. Front nine 6/7 fairways and 9 GIR. Back side, 1 fairway and 2 GIR. At least the putter was consistent throughout (bad but consistent.) (37, 41--78)

4 PUTT?!?!?! Dude... I thought that SeeMore was your golden beauty?

Oh dude it was awful. It was a downhill put to a bottom tier and the hole was cut on the bottom tier. I left the first putt 5 feet short of the ledge and barely got the second over the ledge, but it ran 10 feet past the hole...lipped out the 10 footer up the hill for a 4-putt.

I dont know whats up with my putting, I haven't been putting well at all for the last 2 months. I can't really figure out what my issue is. I'm thinking about gettting another SeeMore with an insert. I was rolling at Si1 at GS the other day and was surprised by how good it felt.

38/38 for a 76(+5).

The putter cures a lot of ills. Drives were in the fairway today, but short. Iron shots were UGLY. I only hit 6 GIRs, and managed 1 birdie out of that. Got up and down for par on 6 of the other 12 holes. Decent wedge game, but tremendous putting (29 putts). I used my new 7 wood 4 times - hit 3 greens and the fourth was a perfect layup that actually hit the 100 yard marker and then bounced forward a little bit from there. I may have to buy a 9 wood.

44/43 - 87

I hit some terrible shots out there today, but I was able to scramble well enough to avoid any disasters. My putting is still sketchy. I just don't feel comfortable over the ball right now. Back to basics on the carpet tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back