Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say I played with a few Windows 8 Ultrabooks in the lab a few weeks back. It takes a little used to..but I think it's going to be a huge hit. Once you get used to the layout and everything it's freaking amazing and just runs awesome. Everything is just right there and I, for one, really like it.

I'll just say I played with a few Windows 8 Ultrabooks in the lab a few weeks back. It takes a little used to..but I think it's going to be a huge hit. Once you get used to the layout and everything it's freaking amazing and just runs awesome. Everything is just right there and I, for one, really like it.

I heard people saying the same thing recently. Couple that with the ability to not have to use "mobile" apps on the tablet in some instances and it really could be.

I heard people saying the same thing recently. Couple that with the ability to not have to use "mobile" apps on the tablet in some instances and it really could be.

Yessir. It's going to be very interesting to see how it's taken in the business sector. A lot of our people are being moved over to Ultrabooks with touch capability. Having used a mouse for the last 15 years it felt very awkward it first to use touch and a mouse. However after about an hour I was flying through the OS like nobodys business. I definitely think Windows has done well with Metro. It's going to be interested how it's received but I think it'll be very good. Opens up a lot of doors for a lot of different things in the computing world

Tbh I love eclipse. Maybe I'm just so used to it. I've played around with xcode a little bit but really haven't had the time to dig in between work, grad school, golf, etc. Apples pay to be a developer scheme has kind of turned me off as well.

We use Xcode at work for standard OSX app development for our tools and its great. In fact probably better than the old visual studio!

Oh and BTW, my wife just bought an S3 for herself and her mom...im still on iphone4, but spent my money on a skycaddie unit

Pondering opening a new line so I can pick up an S3... War Eagle, Kmac, say sumpin'!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Pondering opening a new line so I can pick up an S3... War Eagle, Kmac, say sumpin'!

Tapping till 12-21-2012
Haha! I think you would be surprised at how much Android OS has improved over the past year. I know I am. I was a huge fan of the iPhone and Apple in general, but the time came to go to something bigger and better, and even with the iPhone 5 on the horizon, the S3 will get the jellybean update and still blow it out of the water.

Haha! I think you would be surprised at how much Android OS has improved over the past year. I know I am. I was a huge fan of the iPhone and Apple in general, but the time came to go to something bigger and better, and even with the iPhone 5 on the horizon, the S3 will get the jellybean update and still blow it out of the water.

I love Jellybeans! What's the pros to the JB update?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Colt I don't believe you.

Is TC pondering an S3?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Whats a fourth point of contact?

I think he is talking about his....nevermind.

Oh..interesting. I'm used to that being my first point of contact with the ladies. Anyways.

Whats a fourth point of contact?

In the army when you go to airborne school they teach you to land in a sort of rolling fashion. First point of contact is heels, second point of contact is ankle, third point of contact is side of leg around the knee, fourth point of contact is your ass, fifth point of contact is your lat.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

In the army when you go to airborne school they teach you to land in a sort of rolling fashion. First point of contact is heels, second point of contact is ankle, third point of contact is side of leg around the knee, fourth point of contact is your ass, fifth point of contact is your lat.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Ohhhhh. Disregard what I just said. This got awkward.

Lol at point of contact!

Oh..interesting. I'm used to that being my first point of contact with the ladies. Anyways.

Lol at this now that you know what it means

Lol at this now that you know what it means

HAHA damnit. Things are so wrong now. Lets just go back to electronics

Guys, lets try to keep this on topic and back to the nerd talk. Thanks.

jellybean looks pretty... eehhhh, sweet

Tapping till 12-21-2012

It will really polish up android os, and add some sweet features in to it. I was reading earlier today that people speculate Jelly bean to be on the S3 by the end of the month!

Dilemma time for me with my work computer. Right now I use a really nice MacBook Pro 17". We spent a fortune on it and I enjoy the machine, however it is having more and more issues the last 6 months and the only recourse those "Geniuses" ever have is to wipe my hard drive, which I am not fond of due to so many work files on it. Yes I back up and yes I save important docs to a separate external hard drive, but it is a royal pain. Now the darn thing is acting up again and I am struggling with dealing with it.

A new one is upwards of $2500 for all the stuff I use and I can get a great Windows laptop for about a fourth of the device. Nobody can tell me that my Mac will outlive 4 of those machines when you compare costs. I have been a Mac user for a while and while we use both at THP, the transition is still also a pain. I am a big fan of iLife and Garage Band software for a lot of what we do on THP and Windows does not have an equal that is built in (that i know of). I know WIndows Movie Maker is there, but its not quite the same.

The flipside of that is that there are so many other software availabilities for the Windows machine compared to the Mac and syncing certain things I use would be far easier as well. To watch us scramble to find a stupid SD card reader when almost every Windows Machine comes with it standard and the Mac Machines laugh at you about it is kind of ironic, when their entire slogan is making life easier.

Add to that the Windows 8 coming out in October, so do you wait or buy now. Windows 7 is actually a really darn good OS, but 8 is a complete departure and is also a complete unknown. Its making this decision rather difficult.

The last option is to stick it out until it just dies, but the hardship of having to go speak to a "genius" every time is getting freaking old. I have met some pretty stupid people in my day and two of them work at the Mac store I used to visit, so that makes me feel uneasy. One of them actually left his baby on his car as he was leaving for work. See I have two problems with that. 1. You left your freaking baby on the car and your job title says genius. 2. Should you be procreating on minimum wage for the 4th child? See neither of those says genius, but clearly that is for another debate.

What says you smart people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back