Happy Birthday Bakemono

I always pronounce Bake BAH-key, like the old Supreme Court case on reverse discrimination (Bakke).
Thats correct. It is pronounced, "bah-kay-mo-no". :D
Anywho, thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Im not exactly thrilled about this being my last year in the 20s.
Honestly, I was feeling really down about it this morning, almost depressed about it but Im dealing with it.
Quite a few people at work came over and wished me a happy birthday (even the ex girlfriend came over and told me happy b-day), a friend texted me happy b-day, a couple people on Facebook told me happy b-day and now you guys. Its nice to know that people care about me and remembered/noticed today is my b-day.
Its nice to see people take time out of their day to wish me a happy birthday and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you all! :clapp:

At least, Brown v. Board of Education? At least give me that.

No. The public might recognize it if you describe it, but very very few would be able to name it.

Think of it this way: It's like talking technology to you. It just ain't gonna happen.

Happy birthday Bake.

I was kind of puzzled when this thread was up because I thought it was May 28th.

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Really you guys think there are people who don't know that one by name?

Unfortunately, I think you'd be lucky to get a 40% correct response rate. Really lucky.

Wow that's pretty bad. Would Roe V Wade be higher maybe?

Lets keep this one about Bake's bday guys.

Last edited:
Happy Bday Bah-Kay.

(trying to keep it on topic...ahem AJ and harry...LOL!)

Two ways to get across a river, right?

Edit: Claire had a brain fart

Celebrate what? It's Bake's B-Day! Hopefully his truck will be done soon, he told he feels like a Sardine in his rental.

Celebrate what? It's Bake's B-Day! Hopefully his truck will be done soon, he told he feels like a Sardine in his rental.

God knows why I confused your avatars and didn't bother looking at names. It's been a long day.

No kidding. I miss my truck already.

Happy birthday Bake.

I was kind of puzzled when this thread was up because I thought it was May 28th.
Nope, my b-day has been May 5th for the past 29 years. :confused2:
Its easy to remember because its always on Cinco De Mayo.
I didnt really celebrate much today, but I intend to do some pretty heavy drinking on Thursday. Thursday is the last snowmobile club meeting until September and it just happens to be at a golf course, so I intend to play some golf before the meeting, hang around for the meeting and do some drinking.
I did play some golf today after work. Nothing special, just 9 holes at that par 3 course where Im a member. It was nice just to get out on the course and forget about my problems for a while. I have no idea what score I shot and I honestly couldnt care less. I was just happy to get out on a nice day and think about one shot at a time. My putting, chipping, pitching and irons were good; but I couldnt hit a decent shot with a wood if my life depended on it but Id say the good shots outnumbered the bad ones, so its all good.
Anyways, thanks again everyone. Its nice that so many people took notice and took the time to wish me a happy birthday.

Unfortunately, I think you'd be lucky to get a 40% correct response rate. Really lucky.

Congrats on 4,500 Harry! (And the next rep power)

IMG_6129-1.jpg

Hey Happy Birthday Bake,
Man I'm not sure I remember 29

Hey Happy Birthday Bake,
Man I'm not sure I remember 29
LOL...whats funny is that I feel ancient. Im not sure how Im gonna handle it next year when I turn 30...

LOL...whats funny is that I feel ancient. Im not sure how Im gonna handle it next year when I turn 30...

29 is worse than 30. The reality is never as bad (or as good) as the expectation.

Happy birthday Chad, I'm sorry I missed it. Hope to talk to you again soon! :bye:

I dont know Claire, 30 is pretty bad.

Only because that's when you get the first hint that your body is starting to fall apart.

But nether 29 nor 30 bothered me from a psychological standpoint.

I'm excited to turn any age. My body started cr@pping out at 13, so what worse can it do?

Age just means you have more money, a more stable life, more ability to do what you wish. I never understand the women who wish they were 22 for life. No, you don't! Don't you remember that age? Or are you getting so old that your memory is going?

But then, I'd just be stoked to stop getting carded for rated R movies.

Back