Golf Academy of America

ThePolishDude

Reaction score
Handicap
3.4 GHIN
THP'ers looking for anyone who has any experience with the golf academy's of america specifically the one in Myrtle Beach. I am looking into a possible career change and looking at some options and ways to break in the golf industry. I already have a Bachelors degree, but am wondering if this is a good step to take. I have read many good and bad things about this place online and was hoping you guys could help out as well. I am not worried about price just if this is a worthwhile education and if it actually helps to find a job. Thanks in advance.

How old are you?

I considered it and was told its a great way to "foot in" the golf industry you can become a pga member through there program. I ultimately decided against BC I'm 28 and the cost

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Why do you want to get into the golf industry?

THP'ers looking for anyone who has any experience with the golf academy's of america specifically the one in Myrtle Beach. I am looking into a possible career change and looking at some options and ways to break in the golf industry. I already have a Bachelors degree, but am wondering if this is a good step to take. I have read many good and bad things about this place online and was hoping you guys could help out as well. I am not worried about price just if this is a worthwhile education and if it actually helps to find a job. Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to get into the golf industry?

Don't they always say do what you love for a job and it'll never be work?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Don't they always say do what you love for a job and it'll never be work?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

But you love playing golf. Most industry insiders actually see a sharp decrease in playing after getting a job in the golf industry.

I went from playing 60 times a summer to playing 10 times a summer.

I'm alittle afraid of being in the golf industry but I'm working towards being part of the PGA system somehow, from being a professional, to even a general manager.

I'm just curious if this sort of program would benefit or not after attaining my sport management degree

Pros play little and GMs play even less. Good luck!
I'm alittle afraid of being in the golf industry but I'm working towards being part of the PGA system somehow, from being a professional, to even a general manager.

I'm just curious if this sort of program would benefit or not after attaining my sport management degree

Back