SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Just confirmed, own gear used. SeeMore SB2 will have some screen time

This is so awesome. Just when I had lost all interest in the Big Break, I suddenly have more interest than ever. So cool. Chan and his SeeMore are gonna take this thing down!

Date: August 13,2012
Temp/conditions: 84* dry
Green Speed conditions: fast
Course: Royal Manchester Golf Course

Well after a hockey tourney vacation this weekend i got back to golf last night and this morning. I spent a total of 6 hours practicing and a good 2.5ish hours putting alone. I really have become so comfortable with putting with my mFGP2 i think finally sticking with one putter has helped me really get such a great feel for this thing. i LOVE the way it sounds and feels off the milled face. Today is what i really wanted to come in here to talk about i spend a SOLID hour practicing i did 30 minutes of around the world. i put a tee in the ground 6 feet from the hole then took a 5' putt the tee blocked me from taking to big of a back swing and forced me to accelerate through my putts after making 4-6 at range i moved the tee back to 11' and did the same thing forcing myself to accelerate through the ball. i then moved around the hole and kept picking different spots putting 5' then 10' i did my entire routine every single time i took a putt. during the half hour i may have missed 4 or 5 putts. i need to work on the accelerating though the ball this was an old problem i had and today showed me that i could be draining a lot more putts if i did this. i was amazed at how many putts i was making. after doing that i played a game with myself the green there was HUGE it has at least 10-15 holes on it and i was all alone so i played 2 putt with myself where i had to pick a hole and 2 putt. i did this for a good 20 minutes picking different holes and different breaks and distances. then for 10 minutes i played 2 putt to leave the practice green. i decided i had to pick 10 different holes and 2 putt to all of them before i could go home. if i 3 jacked i had to start over i did it on the first try and i had some really long tough putts but my lag putting and distance control was really good today i almost drained quite a few 30' + putts. i really wanted to go play right after thats how well i was putting but thats the next announcement i am playing in my first PGA sponsored pro am in late September after last night and this mornings practice sessions as well as my recent rounds with my SeeMore mFGP2 i decided that this will be my gamer till at least after the Pro Am in the end of september. i wanna stick with this and i have been putting so good since i got used to this putter and i can't remember putting this well, its been a really long time maybe the best i have ever putted. So this is gonna be my Gamer for the Pro Am. pretty excited about that.

I also was taking some pics of some of my other putters today and took some updated photos on my SeeMore. this thing looks brand new there is one TINY scratch on the face that you can barely see unless the light hits it right in the milling but this other wise is perfect. The shaft is my favorite upgrade on these putters from my last SeeMore. no more worrying about the shaft paint chipping off or scratching like i had issues with before the PVD shaft is great and no chips or scratches at all. I mean i still wipe this down almost every hole but the putter is in amazing shape. the headcover is still great and leather is now soft and velcro still looks brand new also. So here are some updated pics.

Headcover
DSC00693.jpg

inside velcro
DSC00692.jpg

Face
DSC00695.jpg

DSC00694.jpg
DSC00698.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

the shaft
DSC00700.jpg

Nice update Buck. Question, were the greens fast or were they fast to you? Did they have the speed posted?

Nice update Buck. Question, were the greens fast or were they fast to you? Did they have the speed posted?

i have never gone to a course and known a true stimp meter reading. they were fast to what i normally play. i wanna start practicing on faster greens and spend less time on shaggy greens that are easier to get to and practice on from my house. this course is a links course and the greens are pretty quick not the quickest i have ever been on but def up there. Really good test IMO.

Buck: congrats on getting offered the opportunity to play in the Pro-Am, really really cool!

Nice update above both on the pics and your session from last night. Dude, you have put in a TON of work and it is obviously paying off by looking at the success you had in your "around the world" session and your 2 putt on the green challenge.

I am really impressed with how well your putter has held up given how much you have gamed it, that is some very high quality craftsmanship right there.

Tad: very cool about your SPi instructor and Big Break, looking forward to cheering him on!

Buck sticking with one putter is sure to help you. And now you have a goal so I expect your putting will get nice and sharp in the comoing weeks.

Buck sticking with one putter is sure to help you. And now you have a goal so I expect your putting will get nice and sharp in the comoing weeks.

i just need to keep practicing i still have some small old issues that sneak in. the decelerating was always a big issue and i still have never felt like i gotten used to a good accelerating stroke i will be doing the tee drill a TON to make sure i am taking good strokes.

Great information - good luck at the pro-am and thanks for all of the input. Your confidence is growing by the minute!!

Great information - good luck at the pro-am and thanks for all of the input. Your confidence is growing by the minute!!

Thank you. Confidence is the biggest change it's amazing what it can do for your game.

I practiced for 45 minutes today. Just my typical one ball practice session where I rotate between lags, mid length, and shorter putts. Just trying to get the ball in the hole from wherever I start. For some reason I can't make myself line up my putts when I practice like I do on the course. I'm lazy I guess.

I made a video. Basically looking for some critiques, though I understand that it's not the best video. Would love to hear what you all think and any suggestions you may have.

Hawk nice video and nice tempo. Is it me or does your right wrist break down and under on the through stroke. It's almost looks like you are cupping at impact and follow through. I think if you lead with the back of the left hand it might do away with that small hitch.

I noticed that as well, Freddie. I try to think of nothing related to my hands ever, but I think I might need to look closer.

Hawk I saw the same thing. Something that really helped me with my stroke from this thread was the medicine ball drill that Jamn shared from his fitting. That combined with the rocking of the shoulders.

Hawk you back stroke is shorter than you follow through. Maybe if they match it would take that hit out. It's like subconsciously your compensating for a shorter back stroke. Just a thought...

Annoying haha. I looked it still frames and it seems ok until I get right to the ball. Seeing is believing at least. Hopefully one of the SPI guys can chime in at some point.

I wonder if ball position has anything to do with it. I am typically about two balls forward of center.

Okay, a little off topic but involves a SeeMore putter I bought on the bay. Excited as hell when I saw the box had arrived today at the office. Had a few items I needed to take care of right away so set the box aside and went about my business. With pressing stuff out of the way, slit the box open looking forward to examining a new-to-me FGP and head cover. No, not a SeeMore putter. A 3 ft crowbar and it doesn't have a head cover. Okay, WTH? Immediately go to my computer to write the seller and ask why I'm getting a crowbar instead of a SeeMore. Look to see if the seller is selling crowbars, maybe it was a mixup. Nope, nothing but two putters. I'm so bummed! Write short (non-flammable) email to seller and then launch a dispute on the bay. Tell them this was obviously fraud and I want a full refund.

Once this was out of the way, I go back to the box and take another look at the crowbar. Seems familiar somehow. Uh oh, this kinda looks like the crowbar the building engineer left behind several months ago. Oh, Damn!!! I've been had! Go downstairs to confront the obvious culprit. "Got anything of mine?" Big turd eatin' grin on co-worker's face. He pulls the SeeMore out of the closet, I thank him for the surprise and tell him I've launched mortars on ebay, giving co-worker unbearable pleasure -- he'd hit the jackpot. Ran back upstairs to apologize to the seller and stop the dispute. Fortunately, the seller had a sense of humor saying that it sounded like a fun office and reminding me that payback is hell!!!

FGP is in beautiful shape with a milled face and perfect condition SeeMore grip and head cover. I'm a happy guy with a new putter and some retribution to plan.

That is hilarious.

Okay, a little off topic but involves a SeeMore putter I bought on the bay. Excited as hell when I saw the box had arrived today at the office. Had a few items I needed to take care of right away so set the box aside and went about my business. With pressing stuff out of the way, slit the box open looking forward to examining a new-to-me FGP and head cover. No, not a SeeMore putter. A 3 ft crowbar and it doesn't have a head cover. Okay, WTH? Immediately go to my computer to write the seller and ask why I'm getting a crowbar instead of a SeeMore. Look to see if the seller is selling crowbars, maybe it was a mixup. Nope, nothing but two putters. I'm so bummed! Write short (non-flammable) email to seller and then launch a dispute on the bay. Tell them this was obviously fraud and I want a full refund.

Once this was out of the way, I go back to the box and take another look at the crowbar. Seems familiar somehow. Uh oh, this kinda looks like the crowbar the building engineer left behind several months ago. Oh, Damn!!! I've been had! Go downstairs to confront the obvious culprit. "Got anything of mine?" Big turd eatin' grin on co-worker's face. He pulls the SeeMore out of the closet, I thank him for the surprise and tell him I've launched mortars on ebay, giving co-worker unbearable pleasure -- he'd hit the jackpot. Ran back upstairs to apologize to the seller and stop the dispute. Fortunately, the seller had a sense of humor saying that it sounded like a fun office and reminding me that payback is hell!!!

FGP is in beautiful shape with a milled face and perfect condition SeeMore grip and head cover. I'm a happy guy with a new putter and some retribution to plan.

hahaha that is so awesome. Good thing everyone involved took it the right way!

hahahah...that is too funny JP. Boy, i am really glad you ended up getting a FGP instead of a crowbar. That is definitely not a fair trade off.

Annoying haha. I looked it still frames and it seems ok until I get right to the ball. Seeing is believing at least. Hopefully one of the SPI guys can chime in at some point.

Hey Hawk. I think I was doing a similar thing that you are and my SPi instructor called me out on it in the very first video I sent him. Part of the problem for me and what looks to be the same for you, is that I was really bringing the putter head up off the ground in the follow through. If you stop the video at the farthest part of your backstroke, you will see the putter head is maybe an inch or so off the ground...but if you stop the video in the same place for your follow through the putter head is more than a few inches off the ground.

My SPi instructor had me work on having the putter head stay closer to the ground in my follow through, which really helped me start hitting the ball much more solidly every time. Before it was way too much on an upstroke which got the ball to jump a little right off the face.

It feels weird, but the thought that worked for we was to feel like I was hitting down on the ball through the impact. In the end, that thought got me to come through the impact zone with the face much more level to the ball and now my backstroke and follow through look much more a like, and more importantly I am imparting a MUCH tighter roll on the ball.

Anyway, could be something to try out at least and see if anything good comes of it!

This is the video I sent Chris that he analyzed and gave me some tips on my motion/setup. The changes I made were pretty subtle but they made a HUGE difference.

Spoiler
[video=youtube;Wmi1LY-PZ1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wmi1LY-PZ1w#![/video]

hahaha that is so awesome. Good thing everyone involved took it the right way!

All in good spirits but co-worker was seen sneaking into my office later in the day to retrieve said crowbar. Expect he considered how such a device might be used to create entertainment at his expense. I'm more interested in things that might make his office less habitable, like a festering mold.

hawk i agree with everything else but stop being lazy!!!! lol line up your putts im telling you it makes a big difference. it will build your confidence and will get you in a better routine.

Hey Hawk. I think I was doing a similar thing that you are and my SPi instructor called me out on it in the very first video I sent him. Part of the problem for me and what looks to be the same for you, is that I was really bringing the putter head up off the ground in the follow through. If you stop the video at the farthest part of your backstroke, you will see the putter head is maybe an inch or so off the ground...but if you stop the video in the same place for your follow through the putter head is more than a few inches off the ground.

My SPi instructor had me work on having the putter head stay closer to the ground in my follow through, which really helped me start hitting the ball much more solidly every time. Before it was way too much on an upstroke which got the ball to jump a little right off the face.

It feels weird, but the thought that worked for we was to feel like I was hitting down on the ball through the impact. In the end, that thought got me to come through the impact zone with the face much more level to the ball and now my backstroke and follow through look much more a like, and more importantly I am imparting a MUCH tighter roll on the ball.

Anyway, could be something to try out at least and see if anything good comes of it!

This is the video I sent Chris that he analyzed and gave me some tips on my motion/setup. The changes I made were pretty subtle but they made a HUGE difference.

Spoiler
[video=youtube;Wmi1LY-PZ1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wmi1LY-PZ1w#![/video]

Thanks, Reki! I will try that today. It looks like I'm rocking my shoulders in the video, but that angle changes right around impact. I never thought about finishing lower.

hawk i agree with everything else but stop being lazy!!!! lol line up your putts im telling you it makes a big difference. it will build your confidence and will get you in a better routine.

I know dude. I don't know why I rush it since I'm not really rapid firing anyway. For what it's worth, I lined the one up in the video. Was trying to catch myself actually making one lol.

Back