Players Championship Picks

I'm going to take Mickelson. I just love how he's playing right now, I hate to jump on the Phil Bandwagon but he's playing so good and he has a pretty good track record at this event.

More so than a reason why I AM taking Phil, I've got reasons why I'm NOT taking other top guys....

Sergio- not going to happen, he has done well here obviously with a win and a 2nd the last two years but his game stinks right now. The added distraction of being defending champ will not bode well for Mr. Garcia Whiny Pants.

Tiger- I love his game, but other than Riviera this place seems to be his kryptonite. Sure he's won here before and he'll win again, but I just don't see it this week for some reason.

Sean O'Hair- He'll contend but he isn't going to win back to back events on the PGA Tour, just not gonna happen.

Who else does everyone have, c'mon now guys and gals get your picks in!!?!

Here are my four guys that i like for this event.

Henrik Stenson - Guys game is looking very good this year.

Ian Poulter - My Masters Pick is also playing extremely well.

Phil M - Picked him to win a major this year, this will be a good start.

Geoff Ogilvy - Rebound from a couple of sub par events to look good this weekend.

Luke Donald is a great ball striker and so is Brian Gay. Both Mizzie guys could play spolier.

I think this is the week where everything clicks and tiger wins. However I would love to see Phil Mickelson win or even just contend. My dark horse is Mike Weir (what can i say i'm canadian)

Spoiler
Rory Sabbatini

Spoiler
Not.

Spoiler
I feel another Phil/Tiger battle coming along

my 4.

Phil- im definately not a natural phil fan nor am i a phil over tiger person. i just really love his confidence and attitude lately. he has already won this year and has been playing well over the past few months. phil is definately a huge pick for me.

Nick Watney- really came onto the scene this year and has been playing steady golf. He struggled just a tad over the past few weeks, so i wouldnt be suprised if he played pretty well. kind of my dark horse pick

Anthony Kim- He has been playing well this season, but has stayed kind of in the shadow. I would like to see a bust out week for Anthony and at least a top 10 finish.

Brian Gay- Obviously won the Verizon, but his game is so consistent and his putting is excellent. I think with this added confidence he will be playing really well this week

I want to add two dark horses that I left out.

Zach Johnson fell apart last week but could come back.

Briney Baird has been playing really well and putting lights out. He could really be a contender this weekend

Dent, you made me laugh. I am definitely not picking Sabbatini this week.

My picks are

Anthony Kim, he does well in big tourneys like this, always.

Paul Casey, good ball striker, which always needed in Florida's windy conditions

Tiger Woods, don't like the guy, but it is only a matter of time now. I hate to say it.

Phil Mickelson, I think he is ready to take on Tiger and take him down.:confused2: Probably not, I just don't like Tiger.:cool:

i would love for Phil to win this weekend. but, its just so hard to pick someone to win cuz anybody can play great for 4 days in a row and win (who would've picked Paul Goydos to contend like he did last year? and yes, i know he didnt win, just sayin)... so, its anyones guess as to who will win, but i would LIKE Phil to win...but who knows, maybe Kenny Perry will pull this one out? but then again, this isnt an "official" major, so maybe not

I want to add two dark horses that I left out.

Zach Johnson fell apart last week but could come back.

i was going to put him too. so i guess i have 5. i just really like zachs playing style

Anthony Kim. Played well so far, and he could break through.
Tiger Woods. You can't NOT have him to win. If he comes out strong, he wins. Period.
Phil - been playing really well lately.

Anthony Kim. Played well so far, and he could break through.
Tiger Woods. You can't NOT have him to win. If he comes out strong, he wins. Period.
Phil - been playing really well lately.

Tiger came out stronger than anybody last week and did not win.

Let me be the first: Freddy!!!

Just kidding, I'd be amazed. But wouldn't it be great?

Some real picks:

Phil
Ian
Jeff Og.
Tiger (doubtful -- too much angst over the driver right now)

I would love to see Luke Donald win. I've always liked him. Seems like a really nice guy. Plus, I always hate to see a talent taken out by injury and not be able to come back.

I also give Mickelson a shot. And you can't ever count Tiger out.

Would also like to see Poulter emerge as a real power, especially after his stellar performance at the Ryder Cup.

Of course, I will be rooting for my man Justin Leonard, but he hasn't fared well so far this year.

If my #1 pick doesn't win it'll be my #2.....Hunter Mahan.....that JUST happened!!!

I'll go with Poulter. He's on a roll right now and this course really suits him well.

Dent, you made me laugh. I am definitely not picking Sabbatini this week.

My picks are

Anthony Kim, he does well in big tourneys like this, always.

Paul Casey, good ball striker, which always needed in Florida's windy conditions

Tiger Woods, don't like the guy, but it is only a matter of time now. I hate to say it.

Phil Mickelson, I think he is ready to take on Tiger and take him down.:confused2: Probably not, I just don't like Tiger.:cool:

I have to agree with you on that one. Then again the Masters was a big tourney, didn't really see AK scoring wise besides breaking the birdie record.

I just want to add that I would love to see Paul Goydos win.

I'm picking Garcia, he just changed putters and it will make a huge difference for him.this should be fun

I would root for Garcia, but the curse has been broken.

That's the only pick I'm making, I don't need any stinking backup picks. Lock it up, Sergio FTW!!!!! lol

I just want to add that I would love to see Paul Goydos win.

wouldnt that be awesome? he is such a good guy. i was watching an interview with him yesterday and he just seems like he would be a great guy to be buddys with. i just saw he was even thru 8 holes. i hope he does well.

wow, Sabbatini in dead last place with a solid 81

My two picks of Stenson and Poulter are looking pretty good heading into the weekend. For those wondering, Brian Gay withdrew because of back problems that happened half way through his first round.

Back