The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The headphones that come with the iPod hurt my ears, so about 18 months ago, I bought a pair of Skullcandy "Smokin' Buds" earphones for my iPod.

url

I'm not an audiophile and these were relatively cheap and, more importantly, they sold them at the store I was in when I remembered that I needed to try these style of earbuds to see if they worked for me. They did and the sound was decent.

After about 9 months, some sort of short developed. The sound came and went in one ear when the cord jiggled or the inline volume was adjusted. I filled out an online RMA request, shoved them in a drawer, and promptly forgot about them while I used another pair of headphones. Well, the RMA email got sucked into my spam folder and I never check my online spam folder.

Anyway, I was cleaning out the spam last week and found the RMA email. I emailed Skullcandy and asked them if it was expired. They said yes, but told me to just fill out a new one. I got the RMA email the next day (remembered to check my spam folder this time.) I stuck the busted headphones in a regular old envelope with a note and mailed it. Today, brand new headphones showed up via FedEx. Same model, same color. No fuss, no muss.

:good: Kudos to Skullcandy. :clapp:

Oh, and it's worth noting that if you destroy your Skullcandy headphones through your own negligence (vs. a defect), they will let you purchase a replacement set from them for 50% off the prices listed on their website.

Great story Harry.

Always nice to hear about good customer service.

After 60 days on my new job, I have been hired permanently and offered a raise. :bashful:

I expected a replacement pair, but it was the fact that it got here in less than a week that shocked me - and that included a weekend and the time it took for my return to get to them via regular old first class mail.

If I ever upgrade, Skullcandy will be first on my list.

After 60 days on my new job, I have been hired permanently and offered a raise. :bashful:

Hooray! I knew you'd land it permanently!

Hooray! I knew you'd land it permanently!

Aw, thank you!

You're such a goddess, thanks for the great advice with it.

Spoiler
I had a great conversation with them to start with, they said they'd call to set up an interview. I left a message or two, but never heard back. Claire told me to keep calling until they picked up the phone and told me no to my face! Well, ear.

Congrats Julie! Hope they give you some time off so you can start posting here regularly again!

Congrats Julie! Hope they give you some time off so you can start posting here regularly again!

HAHAHAHAHA!

No, actually I'll be enrolling back in school to get my license, so I can operate independently. I'll check back in a few months. :wink:

My home course is going to start carrying Ecco golf shoes this season, and being an employee, I can special order a pair or two only paying "cost" for the shoes.

My home course is going to start carrying Ecco golf shoes this season, and being an employee, I can special order a pair or two only for anyone on THP (especially Harry!) who wants some paying "cost" for the shoes.

Hooray!

Spoiler
Yeah, I know they monitor that stuff and there is no way you could do it. But a girl can dream...

Hooray!

Spoiler
Yeah, I know they monitor that stuff and there is no way you could do it. But a girl can dream...

Welll....I could order them, and THEN ship them to you.

Spoiler
I charge a 200% service fee, plus shipping :D

Welll....I could order them, and THEN ship them to you.

Spoiler
I charge a 200% service fee, plus shipping :D

Yeah, they tend to catch on when you start ordering different sizes.

Yeah, they tend to catch on when you start ordering different sizes.

I haven't ordered anything yet...

Spoiler
I'm just messing with you, its fun :D
Spoiler
You could come for a bit, get a job, order the shoes, get the shoes, and go back home.

Congrats. I'm glad I doubted you enough to prove me wrong. :wink:

HAHAHAHAHA!

No, actually I'll be enrolling back in school to get my license, so I can operate independently. I'll check back in a few months. :wink:

Who are you working for and what are you doing? We can't go months without seeing you. We'll all go crazy.

I'm going to the TPC tomorrow. Woohoo!

How exciting!! I hope you have a blast....and we want a full update when you get back :banana: I will be at work VERY jealous of you haha.

haha, first time ever going to something like this - hope it's great.

haha, first time ever going to something like this - hope it's great.

Make sure you yell "Get in the hole" a lot for Harry.:act-up:

I'm going to see Star Trek tonight.

Just got back from Sawgrass.

Got up at 7:45, left at 8. Got there around 9-ish - had to stop to get a Monster, lol, I was so tired.

Started out by going to 9, where we followed Weir and Austin for 9 and 10. We then stayed at 10 and watched ~5 groups go through until Mickelson, and then we followed Mickelson from 10-14(or 15, can't remember). Saw Mickelson eagle one of the holes, and then birdie. We then followed Perez for two holes (see below). After that, we then went over to the first tee to see Tiger Woods from holes 1-4. After we watched Tiger, we went over to 17 and saw Zach Johnson and Cink play 17...then we left.

After Mickelson's approach shot on 13, we skipped ahead to 14 to get a good spot by the tee to watch him. Just then, Pat Perez was teeing off and after he hit the drive...he threw 2 of his golf balls to me and my brother - was pretty cool, so we followed him for two holes, and I guess I'm a fan of his now lol.
And I got pretty close to Tiger Woods, lol. First time ever seeing him in person, so it was like surreal. After his tee shot on 4, he was walking and I said "Nice shot, Tiger." and he looked at me and nodded. I thought it was pretty cool haha.

Is the TPC being replayed at all today? (3rd round) I guarantee I could see myself on there! I was RIGHT next to Karlsson's 2nd shot on 10, right next to Mickelson's tee shot on 11, and 12...and I was right next to Tiger on 2 and 4.

Overall, it was a lot of fun!

And I was shocked at how many players are playing the R9!

Last edited:
I am wearing shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back