THP Tour Van Event - St. Louis

I knew I liked you.

Some of my initial thoughts have been:
McGurk's Public House in O'Fallon - Irish pub, good food, good Guinness, popular Saturday night place with a great patio
Fox & Hound in Chesterfield Valley - Sports bar atmosphere, extensive beer selection, mediocre wine selection, I don't remember how the food was
Trailhead Brewery on Mainstreet St Charles - it's a brewery with food. Main street has lots of other stuff to walk to if a change of scenery is required.

Kelly and I ate there one time, and I wasn't impressed. I don't want that to rule it out, by no means, just thought I would throw that out there. It's been a while ago, so maybe it has improved.

The other two sound intriguing, especially the Trailhead option. I am down for whatever. As long as I have a cold beer and some good peeps to hang out with, I am all good.

I'll be there, just depends if I have enough money for a room Friday night. And it would be for Sat. only. I have a commitment on Sunday.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

I have requested both days off from work, so I am waiting see what happens there. Prices are a little more than I normally pay but I think I can swing the trip. Anyone willing to let me crash on there couch Sat night if I make the trip?

I have requested both days off from work, so I am waiting see what happens there. Prices are a little more than I normally pay but I think I can swing the trip. Anyone willing to let me crash on there couch Sat night if I make the trip?

Hope you can make it man, we need some golf fashion and low scores at this event. You know I wont be bringing either with me.

Can someone please let me know if I will be ok with my Saturday morning flight? Do we have tee times set? Is it a shotgun start or all off the 1st tee? My flight lands at 950. Figure to be at course by 11. Thinking about shipping clubs to course to save checked baggage time delays and problems

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Can someone please let me know if I will be ok with my Saturday morning flight? Do we have tee times set? Is it a shotgun start or all off the 1st tee? My flight lands at 950. Figure to be at course by 11. Thinking about shipping clubs to course to save checked baggage time delays and problems

Dan

I think I saw that the first tee time is at 11:03, and the last list of for sure people had ten on it. So that would be three groups going off. Assuming it is one after the other. Just make sure you are in the last tee time.

Dan

Are you renting a car? Saturday morning traffic shouldn't be bad and the two best routes from the airport to the course are both pretty easy. My worries would be the rental car counter and luggage. Lambert has only 3 carousels, and can be terribly slow at getting the bags out. If you go all carry-on, that would be a nonfactor.

If you'd rather ship your clubs to someone here rather than the course, I could get them to the course for ya.

Playdough - PM Sent

Brought this up last night to the wife as a nice little family trip to St. Louis, the 21st is my birthday and the 22nd is my daughters so could be a little birthday celebration for both of us. Figure drive down Friday night then back Sunday afternoon, still in the "we'll think about it" stage.

Brought this up last night to the wife as a nice little family trip to St. Louis, the 21st is my birthday and the 22nd is my daughters so could be a little birthday celebration for both of us. Figure drive down Friday night then back Sunday afternoon, still in the "we'll think about it" stage.

Lot's of fun stuff for the family to do in the St. Louis area for the family. The Science Center is a great place for the kids, and the Zoo is right down the road as well. I haven't been, but I know a lot of my friends have taken their kids to the City Museum and loved it. I think it would work out as a great family trip, because golf is being played early enough, you would be able to take part in these activities afterwards with your family.

So how many are we at for this one? Im a little nervous that we may only have a couple of foursomes?

So how many are we at for this one? Im a little nervous that we may only have a couple of foursomes?

I will be there for Sat. only more than likely.

According the list DDXU has on Page 9, looks like 10 (myself included as a Yes/Yes for both days). I don't know the last time it was updated thought. I know Bogey317 isn't on the list, and he has said he is in for Saturday. I think Des Moines being so close in both date and vicinity is stealing a bit from this stops thunder.

While it is close, I still expected us to get atleast 3-4 foursomes. I mean only 8 people outside of GG and myself so far is kind of depressing. It is what it is I guess.

I'm all in for both rounds, and may have 2 additional Hacker Slackers (friends who won't sign up to THP) that want to come

I would have loved to come down for this also but I've had plans for months during this date. =[

While it is close, I still expected us to get atleast 3-4 foursomes. I mean only 8 people outside of GG and myself so far is kind of depressing. It is what it is I guess.

Well, I guess what bums me out is seeing guys going from Texas and down south to Iowa. I know work schedules and such dictate availability, but this was one was just breezed over and never given a chance.

Well, I guess what bums me out is seeing guys going from Texas and down south to Iowa. I know work schedules and such dictate availability, but this was one was just breezed over and never given a chance.

The lure of hawk is strong indeed.

Gentlemen, let's be positive. Maybe the Lou is just a late bloomer.

The pure intoxicating lure of The Hat may not have taken full effect yet.

Gentlemen, let's be positive. Maybe the Lou is just a late bloomer.

The pure intoxicating lure of The Hat may not have taken full effect yet.

While I would love to be positive, the cost of these events is not all that cheap for us. When we chose areas it was based on the input of the forum and many of those people are no where to be found.

Hopefully a few jump in the mix, because we need a few more people at this one.

While I would love to be positive, the cost of these events is not all that cheap for us. When we chose areas it was based on the input of the forum and many of those people are no where to be found.

Hopefully a few jump in the mix, because we need a few more people at this one.

I totally understand the concern. I'm not trying to spin, just trying to help get things going.

That's not true in my case, I definitely considered this one. Being a divorced dad, I get my kids every other weekend and that dictated which stop I was able to make it to. It had zero to do with location or who else was going to be there.

I'm planning on being there one of the days barring some sort of catastrophe be it financial personal or swing :p

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Wish I could make this tour van event... but I will likely be finishing things up so I can spend nearly the entire next week at the Ryder Cup.

That's not true in my case, I definitely considered this one. Being a divorced dad, I get my kids every other weekend and that dictated which stop I was able to make it to. It had zero to do with location or who else was going to be there.

No, dude, I understand. That probably read worse than I intended it to. I understand, schedules, work, family, etc, play the biggest part in where people chose or will choose to attend.

I am just going to do my part in making St. Louis as successful as I can, and have as much fun as possible.

I went through the entire thread again and updated the attendee list once again. If you are interested in joining in on the fun, leave a post here and let us know.

I am still waiting to see if I can get my call shift covered for Sunday.

Last edited:
Back