Back in the Fairway

Johnny mojo

Mojovated!
Reaction score
Been a lurker here for about 9 or 10 months. Lots of good information gleaned from the forums, so I thought I should go ahead and join and find a way to make a contribution.

Little bout me - Returned to the game about a year ago after a 10 year layoff with a back injury and ultimately surgery. Huge loss of distance, but can still get it around from the mid tees. When I previously played, temper was a big deal for me. Now, I'm older and presumably wiser (sure I am!). The bottom line is that I'm not good enough to get mad, so I just have fun now. When I quit last time, was playing Hogan Edge wrenches, Titleist driver and 3 wood, Cleveland wedges and Ping Anser. Current Bag = Titleist AP1's (5 - PW), Titleist 910 D2 (Love this Driver!), Cleveland M2 and M3, Titleist SM4 54* Sandy and Cleveland Classic Black Putter with SS Slim Grip.

Due in large part to information learned here by the intrepid reviewers, I pulled the trigger on some KBS Tour 90 shafts. Tried them out at a local shop and they were awesome both indoors and out. They will have CB3's from Adams on the end of them:bananadance:and I'll try to give a comparison to the AP1's later on. I like the AP1's, but missed the forged feel from the Hogans I had.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging out and making some new golf buddies!

Fairways and Greens folks!

J.

welcome to THP

Glad to see the reviews and info helped you in your search!

Welcome! The guys did a great job on the KBS review and I am glad to hear they work well for you.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum Johnny, glad you registered and will begin posting!

Welcome to THP Johnny. I enjoyed reading your intro. Sounds like you've definitely got the gear to find yourself a good game, glad you joined!

Welcome to THP, J. Sounds like you've done your homework for the bag, should be a great set up!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP JM.

Thanks Guys - O.K. so here's a noob question. How do I set-up a WITB? Is it just in my sig line? I think I need to make a few more posts to be able to set that up or something, but was just wondering.

As far as the reviews, the KBS thread was just awesome. I was never a shaft guy when I played before, but my severe loss of distance has forced me to look at EVERYTHING to get as much out of my swing as possible. It was a an eye opening read and sent me in a direction I never would have gone if I had not stumbled onto it.

J.

Welcome to THP!

Glad the back didn't keep you out!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP Johnny.

(sweep the leg)

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to :thp: J

Glad you found some great shafts in the KBS due to the reviews here

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.