Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ok, its in the cart.

42575249-49c2-e81f.jpg

If you don't want it, I will send FrankA up to the Tour Van event with $5, hahaha

I have nothing to ponder and I don't like it. Maybe a shaft change in the driver, but that's reaching.

hahaha man, don't do it!!! That thing is downright weird!

And that's the reason I'm getting it lol. Worst comes to worst I'll send it south with Frank for GoalieDave.

seriously pondering a new bag. I have the Catalina 2.0 and kinda hate it, lack of full dividers, doesn't stand up by itself easily and no real handles. I do however LOVE that it can fit 8 "sodas" and ice easily. Looking at the Sun Mountain Four5 or Hybrid to replace it. Hybrid is $25 more and a little bigger, not sure if the $25 is worth it though. I typically only ever ride in a cart, if i were to walk, and i have not ever yet, i'd use a push cart. Any thoughts on which?

seriously pondering a new bag. I have the Catalina 2.0 and kinda hate it, lack of full dividers, doesn't stand up by itself easily and no real handles. I do however LOVE that it can fit 8 "sodas" and ice easily. Looking at the Sun Mountain Four5 or Hybrid to replace it. Hybrid is $25 more and a little bigger, not sure if the $25 is worth it though. I typically only ever ride in a cart, if i were to walk, and i have not ever yet, i'd use a push cart. Any thoughts on which?

I say go Sun Mountain 130, best bag I have ever used.

Tapatalkin

Sun Mountain Sync

I have nothing to ponder and I don't like it. Maybe a shaft change in the driver, but that's reaching.

Funny you should say that Hawk. All the talk in the Classic thread about WE's CG Black setup put me into ponder mode as well. Needless to say that's over. I'll be in the 'What did you buy' thread.

Still full on pondering irons. I'm tentative to schedule anything though as now is not the time with my wedding looming in less than two months.

Still pondering a 64* wedge. And a better 3 wood.

Funny you should say that Hawk. All the talk in the Classic thread about WE's CG Black setup put me into ponder mode as well. Needless to say that's over. I'll be in the 'What did you buy' thread.

Still full on pondering irons. I'm tentative to schedule anything though as now is not the time with my wedding looming in less than two months.

I think a pre-wedding present would be a nice touch.

I think a pre-wedding present would be a nice touch.

Me too, Hawk. Me too. I mean, we get a bunch of registry stuff that I could care less about. Seems only fair that someone throw me some clubs...

You should just set up a separate registry.

Where are you registered?

Bed bath and beyond, target, and golfsmith hehe

You should just set up a separate registry.

Where are you registered?

Bed bath and beyond, target, and golfsmith hehe

It's funny. I had the same conversation with the wife to be. While she is very understanding about my golf addiction and usually just laughs when random boxes appear on our doorstep, she was not as amused about registering at a golf store. Can't imagine why...

Hit the Titleist Vokey SM4's for the first time tonight.. Man, awesome. Dropped a 54 from 105 to 6 feet with some solid bite.

Interesting..

I love my Voke's. I have the 09 versions...Probably going to upgrade to SM4's or TVD's once I get my next set of irons to gap my wedges to my liking.

I love my Voke's. I have the 09 versions...Probably going to upgrade to SM4's or TVD's once I get my next set of irons to gap my wedges to my liking.

Makes sense to me man, the black nickel felt excellent. I need to try a few other brands before I kick the xFT's out of the bag though.

I'm actually not pondering a single thing as far as clubs go. Its kinda nice.

I know it'll be just until Iowa...but hey...I'll take it!

Makes sense to me man, the black nickel felt excellent. I need to try a few other brands before I kick the xFT's out of the bag though.

Feel wise I think the Vokes and J40's are the best.

Also pondering a new shaft for the R11 that is on it way...

I'm actually not pondering a single thing as far as clubs go. Its kinda nice.

I know it'll be just until Iowa...but hey...I'll take it!

Did I miss your thoughts on the Launch Lab? Are you sticking with that over the Classic?

Feel wise I think the Vokes and J40's are the best.

Also pondering a new shaft for the R11 that is on it way...

What's the new shaft? Did you get the Miyazaki Black?

Still stuck on i20 17° hybrid vs G20 5 wood ponder....then I should be done pondering for a while.

Did I miss your thoughts on the Launch Lab? Are you sticking with that over the Classic?

Haven't really talked about it a whole ton on here yet. I really enjoyed the first round out with it but I'd like another to get my thoughts all solidified. Like the Classic I'm still in a swing funk and catching most heel side. I will say for me the sound of the Classic is light years better as the LL is a little bit tinny (not terrible though) but I've got nothing but confidence standing over the LL...and the Black Tie is impressive too.

My swing is changing and I don't like it. It's making me ponder different things to deal with it.

Stupid divots. After the ball, but still. Bounce and different soles and blah. Bah.

What's the new shaft? Did you get the Miyazaki Black?

Well I don't have the R11 yet, but I'm thinking Black. I know I hit well in the R9 at the Outing. I've been racking my brain trying remember the differences in spin numbers between the R9 and R11. The R11 I'm getting is a 9*, so I'm a touch worried about launch angle with it and wonder if would need something closer to an Indigo. But that new B. Asha has me really intrigued as well, but I'm looking at 3 or 4 months before the general public can buy it. Soft butt, stiff tip like Black...Anyone have another suggestions? Yes I was fit into the black at the outing and I'm trying to get to a Tour Van stop to test other options.

Pondering the F5, I have a little paypal cash and I can get one shipped for 115 brand new... hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back