The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Crazy Jim Irsay's tweets actually mean something significant tonight.

Its interesting. Then again its Irsay and he uses the media and "conversation" for certain things better (or worse) than many. They spoke to Jax yesterday about a certain RB, but rumor had it that Jax did not want him in Indy.

After seeing Luck and his quick progress, rumor has it they have contacted close to a dozen teams looking for talent to surround him.

A healthy Tramon Williams is going to make a big difference for the Packers.

Kevin

Its interesting. Then again its Irsay and he uses the media and "conversation" for certain things better (or worse) than many. They spoke to Jax yesterday about a certain RB, but rumor had it that Jax did not want him in Indy.

After seeing Luck and his quick progress, rumor has it they have contacted close to a dozen teams looking for talent to surround him.

Trading MJD in the division wouldn't be just shooting yourself in the foot, that would be taking a bazooka and blowing off your entire leg. Even if they got a king's ransom back, how could you trade him to a division rival?

It would be interesting to see if they are going after Mike Wallace and giving him a long-term deal in the process. His speed on the turf in Indy would be pretty fun to watch.

Trading MJD in the division wouldn't be just shooting yourself in the foot, that would be taking a bazooka and blowing off your entire leg. Even if they got a king's ransom back, how could you trade him to a division rival?

It would be interesting to see if they are going after Mike Wallace and giving him a long-term deal in the process. His speed on the turf in Indy would be pretty fun to watch.

I had heard that the Wallace deal fell apart last week, but ya never know with that kind of thing and based on Collie being a biscuit at this point and Reggie Wayne looking slow, I could see it happen.

What could Indy trade that would help Jax anyway? They wont trade Luck. Reggie Wayne? I dont think thats enough. Seems like a weird thing to do to trade in the division.

What could Indy trade that would help Jax anyway? They wont trade Luck. Reggie Wayne? I dont think thats enough. Seems like a weird thing to do to trade in the division.

Draft Picks. Lots of draft picks. I dont see that happening. As mentioned, it would be horrible for Jax and they spoke yesterday and rumor has it Jax agreed (that its horrible)

Maybe a first or a second? Indy still won't be good and it would be a high pick. IMO, MJD will not make Indy a playoff team and Indy would be better to build over time rather than try and go for a quick fix at the expense of their future. If RB was their only hole than it would be worth it but they need a lot and the picks will be better in the long term.

Nice pass by Locker. Looked good so far.

This CedBen has some good pad level. Rodgers has eyes in the back of his head. He has gotten out trouble like seven times. They can't lay a hand on him.

Kevin

Maybe a first or a second? Indy still won't be good and it would be a high pick. IMO, MJD will not make Indy a playoff team and Indy would be better to build over time rather than try and go for a quick fix at the expense of their future. If RB was their only hole than it would be worth it but they need a lot and the picks will be better in the long term.

JB nailed it on the head. It would take a boat load of draft picks. It doesnt make sense for either team.

Every time I watch the Cardinals play, I ask myself why every team wanted to get Kolb from the Eagles?

Every time I watch the Cardinals play, I ask myself why every team wanted to get Kolb from the Eagles?

Hype from being a product of Andy Reid's system.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Watching Fitz there struggling because they have no QB pains me. Such a good guy that deserves better. Arguably the best WR in the game talent wise not named Calvin Johnson.

In a few years maybe we can get Peterson and a 2nd round pick for Foles! The Cards are great trading partners. But I do agree with Dilfer, that O line SUCKS and there is no way you can evaluate what Kolb can do when he is always getting sacked.

Watching Fitz there struggling because they have no QB pains me. Such a good guy that deserves better. Arguably the best WR in the game talent wise not named Calvin Johnson.
Imagine he got to play with Warner his whole career what kind of numbers he would have put up!!

Speaking of Dilfer. I get to play golf with him again when I return from the Tour Van events. Darn good golfer.

I bet you are talking about the same pass that Kolb just threw to Fitz that made me start thinking about how bad Kolb is.

Speaking of Dilfer. I get to play golf with him again when I return from the Tour Van events. Darn good golfer.
He seems like a great guy. Very knowledge about football. Did he play in Tahoe in that celebrity tournament?

This is painful to watch. Going to be interesting to see where L Fitz goes in the drafts tomorrow.

First time I have ever seen a Left Tackle have a receiving first down.

Kolb has more completions to linemen than he does his receivers.

He seems like a great guy. Very knowledge about football. Did he play in Tahoe in that celebrity tournament?

I dont know. He is a scratch golfer and really a huge golf guy. Played with him a few times in the past and always had fun. Plus, we get to watch some film afterwards, and since I am a film nerd, Im all for it.

I bet Dilfer is a game manager. Doesn't make mistakes.

Kevin

I dont know. He is a scratch golfer and really a huge golf guy. Played with him a few times in the past and always had fun. Plus, we get to watch some film afterwards, and since I am a film nerd, Im all for it.
That sounds awesome. Can't imagine what it is like to watch film with him, the knowledge of the game and what he sees that others miss must be amazing!

I love that guy. Love how much of a film nerd he is, and his Elite 11 camps are fun to watch as well. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you guys play golf, I wouldn't even need to play golf to have fun watching that and then the film afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back