2012 Morgan Cup Recap Thread

What is everyone plans for those staff bags? I think I would have a tough time keeping them in play, do you guys plan on using them for club storage or something or keeping them on the course?

I'm planning on playing mine. I also intend on putting some extras on the panel where the name is.

Question for the MC'ers: Do you still plan on playing the irons/woods/wedges/putter that you used for the MC?

Not a single club will be coming out of my bag until Morgan Cup 3.0 roles around

What do you have planned Kelly?

An Irish flag and the THP logo and banner similar to the one on the bridgestone lads bags, getting it done next week

Haha that is one of my favorite memories. I named my fantasy football team after you

LOL Did you name it hawksweat? That wasn't my favorite memory. The shame of being told I had a river of sweat on my backside was a little disconcerting.

LOL Did you name it hawksweat? That wasn't my favorite memory. The shame of being told I had a river of sweat on my backside was a little disconcerting.

Dude it was on your frontside as well...

Hawk dont worry, I sweat a ton too, being around you I may develop a case of Hawksweat in Des Moines

Yorkem: just finished both videos man. You did a great job taking the time to cover the events and then the individual shoutouts!

I was honestly not even aware that the guys in the pro shop were watching the media day feed, that is very cool. I can see why that was your moment when it all hit you and got really real.

Thanks for the kind words about me man, although I am not sure if my swing is the ugliest you have really ever seen. LMAO

Looking forward to hanging out with you not once, but twice again next year!!

That's true, I have seen my own swing on video and it is much uglier. hahaha. Gonna be awesome to hang out twice next year. Diana is looking forward to seeing you and Steph at the outing, and she may work it out this year for TMC too.

I doubt anyone has much to say about this, but it has been something that has been on my mind; Do any of you have any regrets? And maybe not regrets, but do you wish there was something you would have done during this once in a lifetime event?

What is everyone plans for those staff bags? I think I would have a tough time keeping them in play, do you guys plan on using them for club storage or something or keeping them on the course?

Staying in my office for now

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I doubt anyone has much to say about this, but it has been something that has been on my mind; Do any of you have any regrets? And maybe not regrets, but do you wish there was something you would have done during this once in a lifetime event?
None that come to mind right away. I wouldn't change a single thing about the weekend and that includes the end result because Team Hackers deserved it and they're all great champions. I am so happy for all of them.

We didn't get out for sea food. That would have been nice being that we were basically a stone's throw from the ocean like that. I'm not much of a sea food fan anyway though.

Question for the MC'ers: Do you still plan on playing the irons/woods/wedges/putter that you used for the MC?

Driver, yes. Irons, yes. Hybrids, yes. Wedges, yes. Putter, yes. Fairway wood may change though but playing 13/14 clubs is a pretty good ratio

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I wish I had gone over to 64C more. I only went on Sunday night and it was a hoot.

I wanted to go to the ocean but I didn't have a car. I've never seen the Atlantic Ocean, only the Pacific.

Finally, I wish I had flown in a day early. If I do this again, I will arrive on Wednesday. I might even drive down to wherever it is.

Can't say that I do.

I regret not talking Hawk into a later departure time for his flight home. JK

I regret having to leave Sunday evening.

Yes War can join you in toasting Team Hackers

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

long, busy day at the office today.
crap...forgot to colonel. oh well, let's try this....

no issues with rules...maybe i didn't hide my labels or logos every time, but they weren't hard to follow otherwise. and i cuss a lot. i let expletives fly, and often. but unlike Chunky, i am an on/off switch. lol.

like JB, i was worried about having to play a different ball. so i definitely wanted to play Bridgestone, knowing their golf balls are amazing and having played them before, and played them well before. so for the golf ball alone, i didn't know about Srixon and definitely did not want to play Callaway; i just do not care for their balls (but maybe i've never given them enough time). but as far as clubs and other gear though, i would've definitely taken any sponsor.

Tad...i think the gravity factor, the "wow, this is it" factor set in Friday morning when i woke up and said, "yep...the Morgan Cup 2.0 officially starts today." Wednesday and Thursday were more of an exciting factor. then it set in again Saturday morning, and once again on Sunday. you just wake up every morning off little sleep, with a huge weight on your shoulders...but after those first tee shots...it's just golf, and a lot of fun.

if anything, i don't regret my bag setup at all. i could've went with a different woods/hybrid setup, but that really would be it. no regrets though.
other than clubs, my only regret is not playing more golf. had it not been 115 degrees, i probably would have...but i just couldn't take the heat.

the staff bag stays in play every now and again. it's neat to show off and use it at tournaments. so i like to switch back and forth.

i've kept my complete bag post MC2, and believe that i will continue to play all my MC2 equipment. i can honestly say that i'll never play another other than a Cleveland wedge though, for the rest of my life and i stand really strong my Never Compromise putters. i've still been playing the Srixon's on and off, but once they run out...i don't think it'll be a ball that i will go back to.

my "pat on the back" or calming factor was the Thursday practice round with ddec, Jake, and Kelly. we had so much fun and the camaraderie was amazing, with people you've just met the day before. and after shaking some nerves off, i played a great round. it was great to go down there and play good golf. it made the weekend that much easier because we all have a little competitor inside of us, cuz we're golfers and we all want to play good golf. so even though it was just a practice round, being able to shoot well and have such a great time, really helped calm my nerves for the rest of the weekend. and to go along with that, the respect and friendship and how everyone just welcomes you with open arms was amazing and helped so much, to make it such a great weekend and do away with any nerves that may have been present.

Its on Jake!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I regret not spending more time at 64C and with everyone in general but that heat out there really got to me. Next year will be more hanging out with people.

Clubs wise I don't regret a single club but I will more than likely go back to playing the Diablo Tour when the HEX Black run out. They are a great ball for me but a little out of my price range

Keep the questions coming guys

Same as David for me. Wish I would have spent more "after golf" time with everyone else. We did for several nights but a few nights were spent with our ladies. Balancing act trying to play golf all day and then spend time with them and the fellows.

Other thing I will do different next time is study more of the "tech" behind the equipment for media day. I knew what to say in my own words but there some key phrases when speaking to design which would have helped....you will see next week when those videos start appearing.

Back