Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! I had heard rumblings from some friends up that way. Of course if y'all don't get a passer it might not hurt you much :)

I'm hoping Tyler Bray will stop making dumb decisions after his incident a few weeks back. From what I've read, he decided that throwing beer bottles and hitting golf balls off the balcony at his apartment was a good idea.

As much as I love UT, it hurts to be a fan sometimes.. I'm sure this fall will only reassure me of that.

Ouch! I had heard rumblings from some friends up that way. Of course if y'all don't get a passer it might not hurt you much :)

What the deuce are you talking about? Tyler Bray is a phenomenal quarterback. If he returns playing anything like he did before injury last year I think we'll be more than alright. If I'm not mistaken he did have the top passer rating before his injury in Div. 1.

I'm hoping Tyler Bray will stop making dumb decisions after his incident a few weeks back. From what I've read, he decided that throwing beer bottles and hitting golf balls off the balcony at his apartment was a good idea.

As much as I love UT, it hurts to be a fan sometimes.. I'm sure this fall will only reassure me of that.

I think he'll be fine. Just a kid doing dumb stuff. We all did. You, me, heck SW still does dumb stuff. Did you see his comment I had to just quote. :wink:

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I think so many of these kids just think they can do whatever they want since they are College athletes. Very unfortunate.

I think he'll be fine. Just a kid doing dumb stuff. We all did. You, me, heck SW still does dumb stuff. Did you see his comment I had to just quote. :wink:

From the things I've read, Bray is like 8 months away from being a Top 10 NFL Draft pick. The stuff he's doing is threatening to turn him into Ryan Mallett and cost him millions of dollars. At 20 years old, a single action can be considered "dumb kid stuff", multiple things are not so easy to write off. These guys have to learn to quit putting themselves in situations where they are either doing stupid stuff or can be portrayed as doing stupid stuff.

I hope for Tennessee's sake that the Rogers situation does help some of these other guys wake up.

What a way to keep it casual at a football practice in the brutal heat!!!

Texas announced David Ash as the starter. I think it is a good move, Case McCoy sucks pretty bad.

If Ash can produce, Texas will be scary good I think

Having seen them both...that a big arse if dude.

Having seen them both...that a big arse if dude.

Agreed, Ash was a true freshman last year though so we will see.
Texas will have a great running game and awesome D, the passing game is still much in question

There is a pretty big game on 9/1. The AU/Clemson game could be huge for both of our seasons. I am glad Watkins is out, but I have a feeling Dabo lets him play, somehow.

Auburn is YOUNG, and the Defense needs to grow up quick and the QB situation is still shaky.

LOL @ Aha moment.

There's no chance that Watkins plays against Auburn. There are a few things that you can count on from Dabo Swinney: (1) wacky antics, (2) recruits like a bad mutha, and (3) absolutely, unquestionably keeps his word. If he says that Watkins is suspended, he's suspended. As much as I would have liked to see Watkins suspended against the small schools instead of Auburn, I'll give Dabo a lot of credit for setting the punishment and sticking to it. Watkins can be a phenomenal player in college and the NFL as long as he stays driven and keeps his head on straight. This should be a huge learning lesson for him.

With that said, Clemson has a lot of talent left at WR. There's not another Watkins on the roster (maybe not in the country), but Clemson is pretty deep a WR. Nuke Hopkins is a playmaker that was caught in Watkins' shadow last season. Look for Martavis Bryant and Charone Peake at WR against Auburn. Both played sparingly as freshmen last season, but both are supposed to be really talented.

I'm a little concerned that Auburn is starting a running QB against Clemson. Clemson's defense has had a lot of difficulty defending running QBs, which was one of the reasons they dropped Kevin Steele as DC. I don't know if the new DC will be able to generate that much immediate improvement.

Should be a really fun game to watch, though.

Agreed, Ash was a true freshman last year though so we will see.
Texas will have a great running game and awesome D, the passing game is still much in question
Ash does not have to be the hero and if he understands that then this has potential to be a good year for the Horns. As always, it comes down to the early Oct. showdown which pretty much sets the tone for both teams seasons. Although with games at OSU and home against WV before the Red River, we might know a lot more going into Oct. 13th than normal. OU has KSU who may give them a good test.

Can't wait for the season to start! SC Gamecocks will be strong again this season.

sent from my brain using my thumb.

Can't wait for the season to start! SC Gamecocks will be strong again this season.

Say hello to your neighbor JB.

Is JB a 'Noles fan?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Again? This season?

I am not sure they were that strong last year? I do think they will be pretty decent this year

Ash does not have to be the hero and if he understands that then this has potential to be a good year for the Horns. As always, it comes down to the early Oct. showdown which pretty much sets the tone for both teams seasons. Although with games at OSU and home against WV before the Red River, we might know a lot more going into Oct. 13th than normal. OU has KSU who may give them a good test.

He didn't have to be a hero last year either though and that didn't turn out so well still. I just don't think he's the QB of the future for you guys...at all.

Texas has got a rough conference start, I look at it like the domino effect, it's going one way or the other with no in between. Mack needs to just hurry up and go be an AD, and I'm actually a quasi Mack fan having heard him speak 3 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say hello to your neighbor JB.

Fortunately, JB and GG are a lot closer to Clemson than Columbia. If you ever want to experience what a college football game day is all about, take a trip there.

Again? This season?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again dude, if you say it enough, apparently you start to believe it.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again dude, if you say it enough, apparently you start to believe it.

You mean like 'I don't have too many putters?' haha

Hey could be worse....Texas could be Penn St

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Fortunately, JB and GG are a lot closer to Clemson than Columbia. If you ever want to experience what a college football game day is all about, take a trip there.

All that orange makes my eyes bleed...and I prefer to watch football teams that at least try to play defense too.

Between JB and GG being a Nole and Gator respectively, I don't think they need to go to Clemson to experience a college football game day. :act-up:

You mean like 'I don't have too many putters?' haha

Hey could be worse....Texas could be Penn St

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I've never ever uttered those words sir!

He didn't have to be a hero last year either though and that didn't turn out so well still. I just don't think he's the QB of the future for you guys...at all.

Texas has got a rough conference start, I look at it like the domino effect, it's going one way or the other with no in between. Mack needs to just hurry up and go be an AD, and I'm actually a quasi Mack fan having heard him speak 3 times.

That was his problem haha. He watched too many games growing up with Vince Young and colt and he's convinced he is just as good as them. I wish we could combine his arm with Case's decision making. Oh well, at least their defense looks good.

All that orange makes my eyes bleed...and I prefer to watch football teams that at least try to play defense too.

Between JB and GG being a Nole and Gator respectively, I don't think they need to go to Clemson to experience a college football game day. :act-up:

My comment was mainly focused on the trade school in Columbia.

I've been to Tallahassee (in 1997 or 1998 -- I'm getting old). Very good venue. I've never been to Gainesville for a game, but I've been on UF's campus, and it's awesome. I've been to a handful of venues in the southeast, and I'd put Clemson up there with any of them. From start to finish, it's one of the better game day experiences out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back