Do you use protection?

Wow, I must say I'm surprised at the uniformity of answers.

I don't get sunburned easily, but I put sunblock on whenever I play when it's sunny. And in the summer, when I'm walking Poppy Ridge in 100+*, I lather it on before the round and at the turn.

I don't use it, but I probably should. But I drive around in a cart so its pretty shaded most of the time.

What red legs? No photo of that. Unless some anonymous person posted and then deleted the photo taken after falling asleep on a friend's boat.

What red legs? No photo of that. Unless some anonymous person posted and then deleted the photo taken after falling asleep on a friend's boat.

whistle.gif

Im a redhead, so yes, I use sunblock.
Last summer we had flooding around here, so I spent a lot of time filling sandbags and I made the very stupid mistake of wearing a tanktop with no sunblock.
I was outside shoveling sand for 6 hours and the next day I woke up with all these huge blisters all over my shoulders. Very gross and VERY painful.
Once I get a good base tan built up Im OK, but Im so fair-skinned that I have to be REALLY careful for the first couple months of the summer.

Last edited:
I wear it as much as possible.

That's got to be fake. The handprint wouldn't look like that, it'd look like a solid hand.

The handprint is the only place that he put sunscreen. That is why it isn't solid, they covered their hand in suntan lotion, smacked his chest and then he purposely got burned. Really, really stupid, but not fake.

I always use suntan lotion, I keep it in my bag at all times.

The handprint is the only place that he put sunscreen. That is why it isn't solid, they covered their hand in suntan lotion, smacked his chest and then he purposely got burned. Really, really stupid, but not fake.

I always use suntan lotion, I keep it in my bag at all times.

Kind of like Police Academy 5, where they write DORK on his chest in sunscreen. It works, weve gotten buddies with it before.

I use the heavy duty stuff (anywhere from 30-45 spf) fairly regularly if I'm going to be out in the sun during the middle of the day for any length of time. I hate recovering from a sunburn, so I try to avoid getting burned.

I am pretty fair skinned so I really should use it but I always forget. I use a face lotion everyday that has SPF 20 so that helps a little.

when i play golf with JB in the mornings, i dont get burned at all. i played yesterday from like 11am until 2ish and i got fried.

I am pretty fair skinned so I really should use it but I always forget. I use a face lotion everyday that has SPF 20 so that helps a little.
You must really work inside a lot, GG. I dont see how anyone living in a place like Florida wouldnt have a really deep tan.
We only have a 4 month summer here and in that time I go from being nearly transparent to being pretty dark.

Well...yesterday at TPC, I put on some sunscreen, and...

I'm burned. Bad. I was outside from 9am-8pm with only an hour and a half of INDOORS time. in 96* heat. Calls for burns.

You must really work inside a lot, GG. I dont see how anyone living in a place like Florida wouldnt have a really deep tan.
We only have a 4 month summer here and in that time I go from being nearly transparent to being pretty dark.

I spend all day in an office Mon-Saturday and then writing reviews at night. I get out every other Saturday and almost every Sunday to play golf and test out equipment or clothing. So for the most part I am stuck in doors. During the summer I am usually very tan, I am the same as you I will go from super pale to extremely dark in just two trips to the beach. I just need to find the time to get out to the pool and relax. I haven't really been in (my opinion of) bathing suit shape these days so I have been avoiding the pool. That and believe it or not it is actually closed right now due to resurfacing. My goal is to start getting out to the pool and/or beach very soon and very often.

Gobs of it. I couldn't imagine going outside without sun block, let alone playing golf without it.

I'm a gambler who knows odds. A tan is nothing more than burnt skin, the only skin I'll ever own. I remember the pilot's wife when I was a kid, tanning incessantly outside in her nearby backyard. The neighborhood kids and I in Miami thought she was awesome. Five years later she was a prune, and he divorced her.

Sun block is not exactly a difficult handicapping situation. Luckily I figured it out at age 20, but even that was later than it should have been.

My dad has had dozens of procedures -- burnt off, scraped off, frozen off, liquid treatments and creams. The first was in his late 40s. As soon as I saw that, I increased my sun block dosage, and have never regretted it.

None here. Sometimes I regret it.:crying:

Never worn it. Never been burned. My father has never worn it. He has never been burned either. He has been playing golf and tennis for over 50 years.

Back