Odyssey Putters 2012

Well, my first experience with the Metal X #7 was playing 18 this morning on greens that were aerated a week ago but still firm and quick.

I love the feel, hard for me to describe but after playing a milled putter for the last 8 months, it just felt good.

What a true roll the Metal X gives you. I aimed there, it went there. Most misses were simply due to me giving away the hole and the ball went where I aimed.

I did have issue with 1 hole on speed control where I blew it 5 feet past and missed the comeback putt for a 3 jack.

I really liked how I could use the alignment line with the line on the ball but then also use the dual outside lines on the putter to confirm the alignment.

Overall, I am very pleased with the initial impressions and look forward to spending more time with it.

Well, my first experience with the Metal X #7 was playing 18 this morning on greens that were aerated a week ago but still firm and quick.

I love the feel, hard for me to describe but after playing a milled putter for the last 8 months, it just felt good.

What a true roll the Metal X gives you. I aimed there, it went there. Most misses were simply due to me giving away the hole and the ball went where I aimed.

I did have issue with 1 hole on speed control where I blew it 5 feet past and missed the comeback putt for a 3 jack.

I really liked how I could use the alignment line with the line on the ball but then also use the dual outside lines on the putter to confirm the alignment.

Overall, I am very pleased with the initial impressions and look forward to spending more time with it.

One of my favorite things about my MX7, Cookie. Having the 3 lines on the club, plus my line on the ball just lets me feel that I am in the correct position on my line.

Plus, it's so dang easy to pick the ball up with the #7.

Hello beautiful!

DSC_0775.jpg

Nice looking weapon there Cookie...lots of MX#7 love around here....I think the insert is the best I have ever played and the alignment system is fantastic....and yes the best ball scoop ever put on a putter.

Glad you had a good first round with it....you are becoming a putter ho too arent you :D

I'd kill to know when the CS models are going to drop so I can start saving!

I'd kill to know when the CS models are going to drop so I can start saving!

yeah I will probably have to have one of those too

I'm betting I'll end up with all three at some point.
Im rolling the non C/S #7 well now, I dont think I could change it up at this point.

Im rolling the non C/S #7 well now, I dont think I could change it up at this point.

I wouldn't blame you dude. If its comfortable and you like it, rock it.

I just despise double bend putters, they just look hideous to my eye.

Ok, I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.

I played in two outings in the last 2 weeks. Put the cover on the Metal X #7 and stick it back in my bag. Ride to the next teebox and the headcover is GONE. It's fallen off while driving THREE times. The magnets are either really weak or I am not doing a good job of getting them lined up.

I really like the headcover so I hope I dont lose it, but I've had to go searching for it a few times now. I am contemplating asking my mom to sew some velcro onto it as well.

Yeah the #7 head cover just sucks. It just doesn't stay in very well.

Ok, I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.

I played in two outings in the last 2 weeks. Put the cover on the Metal X #7 and stick it back in my bag. Ride to the next teebox and the headcover is GONE. It's fallen off while driving THREE times. The magnets are either really weak or I am not doing a good job of getting them lined up.

I really like the headcover so I hope I dont lose it, but I've had to go searching for it a few times now. I am contemplating asking my mom to sew some velcro onto it as well.
I take it off on the first hole, and leave it off now. I get tired of putting it back on every time it comes off.

I take it off on the first hole, and leave it off now. I get tired of putting it back on every time it comes off.

please don't do this. it makes me sad! im holding back tears

No worries buck, I have the bag setup so there is no putter damage. Also, grab the towel and cover it up after I am done wiping it down.

No worries buck, I have the bag setup so there is no putter damage. Also, grab the towel and cover it up after I am done wiping it down.

phew, i guess thats ok then! lol

haha I LOL'ed at this. I know you hoard with the best of them War but this is a little disturbing. Remember all those old #7's you saw all beat up and nasty in the used section? Just sayin.. lol

Haha! It's well protected, no worries. Frogger towel slides over the top of it quite easy while it's in the bag.

haha I LOL'ed at this. I know you hoard with the best of them War but this is a little disturbing. Remember all those old #7's you saw all beat up and nasty in the used section? Just sayin.. lol
Dude, frogger towel is like a putter cover, except 10x bigger. Goes right over the top of it while the putter cover is off. Also, this is the only putter I have ever hated the headcover of. It sucks.

Look at you dudes freaking out over this, lmao.

Dude, frogger towel is like a putter cover, except 10x bigger. Goes right over the top of it while the putter cover is off. Also, this is the only putter I have ever hated the headcover of. It sucks.

Look at you dudes freaking out over this, lmao.

It would seriously freak me out playing with you dude. Its like the ultimate of putter sins for me! lol

It would seriously freak me out playing with you dude. Its like the ultimate of putter sins for me! lol

The Great JMAN has spoken ... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!

It would also annoy you having to stop and go back for a headcover 15 times during a round. No worries, my MX is in mint shape.

Golf4life does this with his putter during the round. Headcover comes off till the round is over. His putter is beyond help at this point. Sounds like it might be intervention time though. There is still time for War's #7.

Golf4life does this with his putter during the round. Headcover comes off till the round is over. His putter is beyond help at this point. Sounds like it might be intervention time though. There is still time for War's #7.

i throw my towel over his bag so i don't have to see the horrors. but your right his putter is way past help at this point.

Back