Bad day yesterday...

Just called the Dr.'s office for my results and while they are done (they don't allow access from the office staff, just Dr.s), the Dr. will call me with them "soon". Either way, I need to know...

Wow buddy I know you are anixous and wanting to hear something in a big way. I have been in your shoes and feel your anixety. Prayers for ya.

Just called the Dr.'s office for my results and while they are done (they don't allow access from the office staff, just Dr.s), the Dr. will call me with them "soon". Either way, I need to know...

Thoughts and prayers for a great report.

Hope it's good news . My mom is battling the big C and she's kickin it's butt. Hope you can as well.

Good news! The Dr. said "nothing screamed tumor! Tumor! Tumor!" But, it still isn't normal and may need to be excised as a precaution. The 2 Drs. involved are both excellent and will meet with me next week to discuss. They did say bacteria was found and it may be a duct issue and that would require removal. Either way, I can expect much more frequent monitoring and scrutiny. Not out of the woods, but it likely isn't cancer right now, unless it is very early.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I have a club championship to go win!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Really great news. Congratulations. Now exhale and go give your family a hug!

Congratulations !

Good news! The Dr. said "nothing screamed tumor! Tumor! Tumor!" But, it still isn't normal and may need to be excised as a precaution. The 2 Drs. involved are both excellent and will meet with me next week to discuss. They did say bacteria was found and it may be a duct issue and that would require removal. Either way, I can expect much more frequent monitoring and scrutiny. Not out of the woods, but it likely isn't cancer right now, unless it is very early.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I have a club championship to go win!

Congrats on the info so far, still sounds like a ton of work but no C word is great. Good luck with the championship.

Yesterday I had my bi-annual checkup for monitoring of my oral cancer that I had 2 years ago. During the exam, my oral surgeon noticed an irritated area that the surgeon thought looked suspicious. She asked if i would rather wait 6 months and see if it goes away or have it biopsied.

2 years ago, I went through a MAJOR cancer surgery to remove a stage 3 mucoid melanoma. During the surgery, they severed the nerves in order to remove it leaving me with limited feeling in the mouth. The cancer had gotten large very quickly and thankfully, they got it in time before it hit the Lymph Nodes, etc.

So I opted for the biopsy almost immediately. They put me in the chair and I proceeded to have the most hellish 10 minutes I ever expected. I had a biopsy last time, but it was shot up with Novacaine, etc and didn't feel anything. This time, they gave me a topical analgesic as the Novacaine wouldn't work anymore (as they didn't think the nerves were active anymore since most were excised last time).

They started the incision and all was fine and then about 20 seconds in, I felt everything. I couldn't move or talk (obviously since they had my mouth clamped open) and the only way that they knew I was feeling it was that I was sweating profusely and tearing up badly. Once they noticed that, she stopped and asked if I could feel it. At this point, she was almost done, so rather than take the novacaine, I told her to just finish it. About 2 more minutes of cutting and she was done. Just an awful lot of pain.

The good news is that it is done and they think it likely is nothing as there was a puss like substance coming out so they think it is likely an infection of some sort. I am no longer willing to take any chances with it. I will know the results by Thursday night and hopefully the prognosis is good. If not, I likely will have to have surgery again and chemo to eradicate it.

To bring it back to golf, I likely will miss my club championship as a result of yesterday and am bummed out a bit as I have busted my butt to get my swing to where I am today. I actually am the No. 1 seed in our championship which means I get a bye in the first round. I do realize that golf doesn't mean squat in the scheme of things, but it still has me bummed a bit. If it turns out to be just an infection, I may be able to tough it out, but if surgery and chemo are needed, my season will be over (and I won't care a bit as i will have bigger issues to worry about). Keep me in your thoughts this week!

Hope it turns out to be nothing and you make a full recovery

Congrats on the info so far, still sounds like a ton of work but no C word is great. Good luck with the championship.

The excision won't be easy, but I know what to expect. Last time, I lost 45 lbs. in 3 weeks. Jello and pudding and smoothies.

Today was a good day and the mouth is starting to get back to "normal". Will see the Dr. again on Monday for more discussion.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

That's good to hear man, hopefully everything will be just fine.

Good meeting with the doc today. We discussed my "options" and before we decide to dive in and remove the issue, she wants to get more definitive surveys-cat scans, etc. She seemed very positive, that even if "it" needs to be removed, it isn't a critical move like last time (or I am totally misunderstanding everything).

I go back next Monday to discuss again. Thanks for the prayers and positive vibes. I played yesterday with my son (9) and watched him hit the green on a par 4 from the teen tees and make his first birdie ever. He proceeded to wait 2 more holes for his 2nd one....the old man (me) shot a nice 70, even par. Most relaxed I have been in days!

My prayers are with ya BigDaddy. Enjoy your son and soak up every moment with him. He can help you through the health issues you have, by the joy he brings you. Have a great week and we want to hear more good news!

So glad to hear everything is looking up for you! Congrats to you and your Son for great rounds! Enjoy the time with him, it makes it all better.

Dan

Good to hear everything seems like it will work out. My family will be keeping you in our prayers.

UPDATE: More good news from the Dr. They looked at the biopsy results and determined no cancer, BUT...they now have me under a 3 month review. The irritation is still there, but the area that was biopsied has healed nicely. They are still concerned, but we will wait til 10/29 to see if it clears on its own. If not, they likely will biopsy the remainder of it and have it heal slowly or use a C02 laser to blast the tissue and heal quicker (she is leaning towards doing this as my mouth is already pretty fragile surgery wise)

Thank to all for the prayers. It has been nervewracking, but I have learned to ask many questions to make myself feel better.

Lee

That is great news! Here's to the next visit in 3 months and they tell you all is well!

That is great to hear no cancer!!! Hope the rest is just an irritation like you said that goes away on its own.

Great to hear that it's not serious. Here is to a quick recovery.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Prayer is the ticket and BigDaddy you will remain in our prayers for a full recovery. I think at the moment, I need a sore mouth to stop me from eating too much junk :bulgy-eyes:

Funny you should say that. I have lost around 15lbs. since this all started...

Well, back at it again...I am going back under the knife tomorrow. They are going to do an additional biopsy and laser necrotic tissue that is persisting. Hopefully all will go well.

Well, back at it again...I am going back under the knife tomorrow. They are going to do an additional biopsy and laser necrotic tissue that is persisting. Hopefully all will go well.

Hope it goes well. Good luck.

Hope all goes well man. keep us updated.

Hoping for the best man!

Back