The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music is none of my business.

Kevin

I think there'd be just as much/little interest in a high school marching band as these music groups/singers. Who cares. Play football. That's all we want.

Chris Cooley released by Redskins

I've lived I am this are for 8 years, and have never been a big fan of the Bucs, but I'm starting to really like Schiano.

I see Michael Westbrook is going to "retire as an Eagle". I don't get this.. what is the big deal with what team the player retires from the game?

I see Michael Westbrook is going to "retire as an Eagle". I don't get this.. what is the big deal with what team the player retires from the game?

More for the fans than anything, I guess.

More for the fans than anything, I guess.

I think it also has to do with if they have a chance at going in the Hall of Fame it determines what team they go in under.

Just for clarification it was Brian Westbrook not Michael.

Probably gives the player more closure. Retiring from a team that they were a part of and what helped make them the player they became.

I think it also has to do with if they have a chance at going in the Hall of Fame it determines what team they go in under.

I believe, though not certain, the played has the choice if selected which team he will represent when he is selected.

Just for clarification it was Brian Westbrook not Michael.

Yep that's right!

Probably gives the player more closure. Retiring from a team that they were a part of and what helped make them the player they became.

Hmm could be.. such sensitive players when they retire, not like when they left their beloved team for an extra couple of $$$.

Seeing the old highlights of Calvin Johnson from college and some of these catches were just amazing.

Seeing the old highlights of Calvin Johnson from college and some of these catches were just amazing.

It's even more amazing when you realize the quality of QB that was throwing him the ball, or lack thereof.

It's even more amazing when you realize the quality of QB that was throwing him the ball, or lack thereof.

Its funny, the WR position in general is viewed as one filled with divas (and rightly so), but the 3 best in the NFL (some would say arguably) are anything but.
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson

I bet if one surveyed every CB in the NFL, those 3 would be at the top of almost every list and Calvin would be far and away the most "feared".

Its funny, the WR position in general is viewed as one filled with divas (and rightly so), but the 3 best in the NFL (some would say arguably) are anything but.
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson

I bet if one surveyed every CB in the NFL, those 3 would be at the top of almost every list and Calvin would be far and away the most "feared".

I think that the diva side of things has gone from the WRs to the DBs, to a certain extent.

I was sent a film dvd that is used for defensive schemes and it highlights some of the WRs in the league. It has about 11 minutes on each player (that it highlights) and as you can imagine that that is a lot of plays. Watching some of the things that some of those 3 do is freaking special.

The Saints terrible offseason continues. Team flew out of New Orleans last night to Cincy to practice due to Hurricane Isaac. Hope the city avoids major damage this time around everyone in the area stays safe.

Demarco Murray is good.

I've lived I am this are for 8 years, and have never been a big fan of the Bucs, but I'm starting to really like Schiano.

I think he's a really good coach and leader. I loved the guy when he was at Rutgers, he really helped that program. I was sad to see him go.

When andre johnson made Cortland Finnegan his biotch he instantly became my hero.

What you have a differing opinion? Clearly you're wrong.

haha, he's good. Dude, what do you think about Dez being treated like a 13 year old girl?

haha, he's good. Dude, what do you think about Dez being treated like a 13 year old girl?

I read somewhere that Dez asked for it. Crazy to think that.

I think that the diva side of things has gone from the WRs to the DBs, to a certain extent.
I agree with this, Ary. 100%. I think a handful of WRs made the "diva" thing take off, and look where those guys are now...

They're spinning it like it was Dez's idea which I'm not buying. Whatever works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back