Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Cookie- Quick question about the F3 for you... You usually are a high ball hitter, is the trajectory you are seeing with the F3 lower than normal for what you see out of a 3W?

I know in my time with my F3, it's line drives or just slightly above it. I put a different 3W in play last night with a shaft that I didnt think would get me a high ball flight, but I was hitting it substantially higher than the F3 with the stock shaft. Kind of surprised me, but I am wondering if it has to do with the size of the face, etc etc.?

Did you get the black with the stock limited 39S, WE?

Cookie- Quick question about the F3 for you... You usually are a high ball hitter, is the trajectory you are seeing with the F3 lower than normal for what you see out of a 3W?

I know in my time with my F3, it's line drives or just slightly above it. I put a different 3W in play last night with a shaft that I didnt think would get me a high ball flight, but I was hitting it substantially higher than the F3 with the stock shaft. Kind of surprised me, but I am wondering if it has to do with the size of the face, etc etc.?

Good question Ryan. I hit it significantly lower than the J40 4W, but prior to that I was hitting the Callaway FT-3 with the PL blue shaft. All I could hit with the FT-3 was low line drives which was not always a bad thing. I am hitting the F3 probably 30% higher than the FT-3 just into that mid-trajectory launch.

Are you hitting the strong F3 or regular? Since I am playing the strong at 14*, I am honestly seeing what I expected.

Did you get the black with the stock limited 39S, WE?
No, I have the Miyazaki Kusala Blue 72s in it.
Good question Ryan. I hit it significantly lower than the J40 4W, but prior to that I was hitting the Callaway FT-3 with the PL blue shaft. All I could hit with the FT-3 was low line drives which was not always a bad thing. I am hitting the F3 probably 30% higher than the FT-3 just into that mid-trajectory launch.

Are you hitting the strong F3 or regular? Since I am playing the strong at 14*, I am honestly seeing what I expected.
That's right dude, I forgot you went the the 14*. I am hitting the 15.5* F3, and I'm pleased with the distance I get out of it, just at times it's a little too low for my liking. But, in the end, doesn't matter how it gets there, as long as it does. Right?

War, I know this is the Mashie thread but what made you decide on the 72 Series Kusala shaft?

No, I have the Miyazaki Kusala Blue 72s in it.

That's right dude, I forgot you went the the 14*. I am hitting the 15.5* F3, and I'm pleased with the distance I get out of it, just at times it's a little too low for my liking. But, in the end, doesn't matter how it gets there, as long as it does. Right?

Yep, absolutely right. I could see with some players that don't already have a naturally high launch how hitting the 14* could be a challenge off of the deck. It is just high enough for my liking and also just low enough for some of the windy conditions we face here in TX.

Yep, absolutely right. I could see with some players that don't already have a naturally high launch how hitting the 14* could be a challenge off of the deck. It is just high enough for my liking and also just low enough for some of the windy conditions we face here in TX.

And Oklahoma!

Its why I think I love it so much, on windy days I can tee off with it all day and still be able to shoot a solid score.

I caved. Got a Mashie 3W on the bay for cheap. Should be here next week. So psyched for a battle between it and my FL. I've been hitting the FL very well as of late off of the tee and deck, so the Mashie has big shoes to fill to knock it out.

I caved. Got a Mashie 3W on the bay for cheap. Should be here next week. So psyched for a battle between it and my FL. I've been hitting the FL very well as of late off of the tee and deck, so the Mashie has big shoes to fill to knock it out.

Awesome you will love it man!

Have you had the change to hit the Black? Im a huge fan of the Mashie Fwy's, but the FL was always one of my favorites and the Black takes off where the FL left.

Have you had the change to hit the Black? Im a huge fan of the Mashie Fwy's, but the FL was always one of my favorites and the Black takes off where the FL left.

Don't have stores that carry the Black, unfortunately...haven't even held one in my hand.

First day out with the F3 and I committed myself to hitting it off of every non par-3 tee. Well, I hit 11/14 FWs with it, as well as hitting some nice baby fades off of the deck. Hope this consistency continues with this club. Instant love affair.

First day out with the F3 and I committed myself to hitting it off of every non par-3 tee. Well, I hit 11/14 FWs with it, as well as hitting some nice baby fades off of the deck. Hope this consistency continues with this club. Instant love affair.

That's just silly man...nice job! I can't wait to hit mine when I see-hear stuff like this

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Beast mode! I freaking love this club.

That's just silly man...nice job! I can't wait to hit mine when I see-hear stuff like this

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Beast mode! I freaking love this club.

Thanks, guys. After ONE outing I've fallen in love with it. It's a nice feeling to know exactly what ball flight you'll get off of the tee with a club.

I hit TC's F5 today a bit too. Beasted it off the deck dead straight on the range. Still not enough for me to want one that much. I don't need a 5 wood.

Maiden voyage with the F3 yesterday, the Mashies (F3+F5) were easily the best clubs in my bag.

My best shots were:
1. A devilish 230yd par 3 with OB on the left and a big tree on the right. I've never hit this green, my typical miss is bushes/OB left.
Tee up the F5 and with an easy swing hit a nice high baby-draw to the front-left fringe, I'm ecstatic with this result.
2. Duff my driver just short of the ladies tee on the par 4 18th hole, still have 320 to the green.
Grab the F3 and with a nice smooth swing proceed to hit it 60yds short of the green in the fairway, that's a 260yd fairway wood off the turf!
New distance record for me with ANY fairway wood off turf OR tee.

I'm in love.

I hit every single Fairway with the F3 today. I used it 4 times off the tee, 4 fairways hit.

I am having a harder time with the F5, the head is much bigger than my Superfast TP 5wood but I am sticking with it. I am loving me some Cleveland golf.

Just curious, how much was it?

I got $20 that says Staples buys an F5. And maybe even a Classic too.

I got $20 that says Staples buys an F5. And maybe even a Classic too.
It's a solid club, no doubt about it. Reliable.

You should 5 wood

Love seeing all of the positive results with the mashie

The F5 is a flat out beast. I love this club. Long and straight off the turf. What more could you ask for?

Cant wait to try out the F5 I bought from a fellow THPer. It's in the mail.

Back