Well, I cheated. I put it in an existing thread. But AHAHAHA! Birdsboro! GOTCHA!!! . . . Bakemono! GOTCHA!!! . . . Gummi! GOT YOU TOO!

Yeah, I saw this same thing posted on another forum that I frequent and they admitted it was a hoax.
It sure wouldnt break my heart if GM left NASCAR. As long as Toyota stays, Im happy.

ok whats up with Mayfield getting banned indefinitely? He says he failed the test for claritin-d...which is absurd. But what is really ridiculous is that nascar doesnt even have a banned substance list. So how the hell can anyone know what violates the substance abuse policy??

what they are doing.....is picking on someone insignificant to exercise there substance abuse policy, just to prove that they have one.... i hope that the bloated cup series dies a quick horrible death and takes fox with it. Long live the short track and F1 baby..................!!!!!!!!!!! and please tony g put some damn turbos on them babies.

what they are doing.....is picking on someone insignificant to exercise there substance abuse policy, just to prove that they have one.... i hope that the bloated cup series dies a quick horrible death and takes fox with it. Long live the short track and F1 baby..................!!!!!!!!!!! and please tony g put some damn turbos on them babies.

nascar isnt going anywhere

Mayfield isnt the only one who got caught. One of the guys who works on the pit crew of one of the Roush-Fenway teams got caught too and another guy got caught too.
Bottom line: they got caught. It sucks for those who got caught but it is what it is.
As to NASCAR going under, it aint gonna happen. What other options are there? F1? Booooooring. Indy? Even more boring. NASCAR isnt perfect, but its really the best thing we've got.

Mayfield isnt the only one who got caught. One of the guys who works on the pit crew of one of the Roush-Fenway teams got caught too and another guy got caught too.
Bottom line: they got caught. It sucks for those who got caught but it is what it is.
As to NASCAR going under, it aint gonna happen. What other options are there? F1? Booooooring. Indy? Even more boring. NASCAR isnt perfect, but its really the best thing we've got.

I didn't hear bout anyone else getting caught but I really don't follow nascar very closely. But I want to know what these guys are thinking? Its like being on probation/parole doing drugs...you're gonna get caught eventually. I just don't get how these sports figures think they are going to get away with it.

And Bake...Im not getting into another debate over which racing sucks and which one doesn't :shut-mouth:

I didn't hear bout anyone else getting caught but I really don't follow nascar very closely. But I want to know what these guys are thinking? Its like being on probation/parole doing drugs...you're gonna get caught eventually. I just don't get how these sports figures think they are going to get away with it.
Everyone is so equal that they will do anything to gain even the slightest advantage. They just hope and pray they dont get caught.

And Bake...Im not getting into another debate over which racing sucks and which one doesn't :shut-mouth:
LOL...good idea. :D I think we both know where each other stands on that subject.

Everyone is so equal that they will do anything to gain even the slightest advantage. They just hope and pray they dont get caught.

LOL...good idea. :D I think we both know where each other stands on that subject.

I understand that but what are race car drivers going to be taking? something to improve their endurance? I can see football & baseball players using steroids, etc. and do you think he actually tested hot from taking allergy meds?

Spoiler
oh...and nascar sucks :banana:

I honestly can't think of any type of performance enhancing drug to take as a race car driver. I've heard of guys getting popped for taking illegal drugs, there was one that got caught using heroin. Aaron Fike former truck series driver admitted to using heroin before a race and Shane Hmiel got a lifetime ban for failing a test when he came up positive for cocaine.

I understand that but what are race car drivers going to be taking? something to improve their endurance? I can see football & baseball players using steroids, etc. and do you think he actually tested hot from taking allergy meds?
They could benefit from taking things that improve their focus or gave them more energy or made them stronger. A lot of people seem to think that they just sit there and drive and that its easy, but the fact is that driving a race car is very physical and these drivers ARE athletes.
It goes double for the guys on the pit crew. It also takes people who are athletes to change 4 tires and put 22 gallons of gas in a car in 14 seconds.
As to whether or not Mayfield took anything, who knows.

Spoiler
oh...and nascar sucks :banana:
You said you werent gonna go there...:bad:

I don't watch racing at all, but what about Beta-Blockers? I'm assuming they would be banned in racing, no?

Well, NASCAR doesnt have a banned substance list and thats kind of the problem here. How can you know whats not legal if its not clearly defined?
Its a pretty safe bet though that anything which improves a drivers focus, improves his endurance or makes him stronger is a no-no.
That makes me wonder about energy drinks. IMO, its a slippery slope.
As it stands now, its at NASCAR's discretion and thats where the outrage is coming from. Oftentimes, its like NASCAR can bend, twist and alter the rules when they see fit.

Well, NASCAR doesnt have a banned substance list and thats kind of the problem here. How can you know whats not legal if its not clearly defined?
Its a pretty safe bet though that anything which improves a drivers focus, improves his endurance or makes him stronger is a no-no.
That makes me wonder about energy drinks. IMO, its a slippery slope.
As it stands now, its at NASCAR's discretion and thats where the outrage is coming from. Oftentimes, its like NASCAR can bend, twist and alter the rules when they see fit.

That is always an issue with NASCAR, and this coming from a fan of the series.

You said you werent gonna go there...:bad:

ok...sorry...what the hell happened to everyones sense of humor around here...

That is always an issue with NASCAR, and this coming from a fan of the series.
I hear ya. It seems as if NASCAR can dictate who wins and who doesnt.

ok...sorry...what the hell happened to everyones sense of humor around here...
What do you mean? We're always serious around here. JB runs a pretty tight ship. :confused2: No banter, no veering off-topic...

Oftentimes, its like NASCAR can bend, twist and alter the rules when they see fit.

I hear ya. It seems as if NASCAR can dictate who wins and who doesnt.

Hence the mysterious yellow flags for "debris on the track" that nobody ever seems to manage to see. I think there is some crooked crap going on in the upper levels of Nascar.

As far as Mayfield is concerned, I don't care because I just don't like him as a driver.

Hence the mysterious yellow flags for "debris on the track" that nobody ever seems to manage to see. I think there is some crooked crap going on in the upper levels of Nascar.
I agree. It seems like whenever one of the Hendrick cars is in trouble and needs a break in order to keep from going a lap down or needs to make a late-race pitstop, the caution just happens to come out at the perfect time. Or how about how Jimmy Johnson usually sucks for the first 3/4 of the season and then as soon as "the chase" starts (last 12 races of the season) he ends up getting top 10s and winning a few races.

As far as Mayfield is concerned, I don't care because I just don't like him as a driver.
Im kinda disappoinited because it was a Toyota team that had solid sponsorship and was a regular top-20 finishing team. The way I look at it, the more Toyotas were have in NASCAR, the better. Beyond that, I couldnt care less.

Congrats to Logano for todays win but I still hate when a driver wins that way. If it had gone the whole 301 laps there is no doubt Gordon would have won.

Congrats to Logano for todays win but I still hate when a driver wins that way. If it had gone the whole 301 laps there is no doubt Gordon would have won.

Another shortened race??? WTF, that is the main reason I haven't watched many races this year!!! Seems this year more than normal are ending after half of the race!!

I used to watch all the races every year. This year I haven't watched since at least the end of March. Which is really worse than it sounds: I have watched maybe 15 minutes of racing this year, and ten of that was Daytona!

Back