Ebay user question

askthejak

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody bought anything from "bobsbettergolf"? I am looking at a G10 that he has listed, and wanted to know if this is a reliable source.

never bought from him, but he looks good to me. he has a 99.8% rating with over 14,000 transactions. just this month alone: 270 positives, 2 negatives (you cant please everyone. trust me, i have over 2500 transactions on ebay and some people just cant be pleased)

I dont want to sidetrack this thread, but whats the deal with Ebay and feedback. I just bought something last week, and the guy had a slip with it reminding me to leave feedback. When I went on to leave it, I noticed he did not leave me any yet, so I have decided to hold off until I receive it. Ive noticed this a lot, am I the only one that this pisses off.

I dont want to sidetrack this thread, but whats the deal with Ebay and feedback. I just bought something last week, and the guy had a slip with it reminding me to leave feedback. When I went on to leave it, I noticed he did not leave me any yet, so I have decided to hold off until I receive it. Ive noticed this a lot, am I the only one that this pisses off.

a lot of sellers (me included) will not leave feedback until it is left for us. the reason is because sometimes people leave bad feedback for reasons that arent just, or for reasons that arent the sellers fault (post office losing the package, etc)... ebay took a lot of the sellers rights away and now all we are left with is the ability to not leave feedback until it is left for us.
i recently had a guy leave me negative feedback because it took the post office a WHOLE 6 days to ship an entire set of irons from Florida to California (3000 miles for $12...and i even LOST money in shipping cuz it COST me $16). i didnt deserve a negative for that. and since i am not allowed to leave him negative feedback, my only recourse was to not leave him ANY feedback
what did he expect? overnight shipping for $12??? apparently he did

Good thing you posted that, reminded me to leave feedback from the Dymo seller.

I figured- resume looks about as good as you can ask, but I figured I would check.

Whoever completes the transaction first should get the feedback first. If you pay, seller should leave feedback immediately. Once buyer receives acceptable item, buyer should leave feedback ASAP.

sorry, but this is a sore subject with me, lol. like the example i mentioned above, i didnt deserve negative feedback for that. 6 days to ship an entire set of irons 3000 miles for $12 is a damn good deal if you ask me. i could've charged him $50 to overnight them, but then he wouldnt have bought them. and since it took the post office an entire 6 days to go 3000 miles, he leaves me a negative... in the old days, i would have been able to leave him a negative feedback right back. but ebay took that away from sellers. now we can only leave positive, or nothing... because of people that that, that is why a lot of sellers wait to leave feedback until it is left for them...

The problem is RS, these guys are running a business. Im seriously thinking of leaving the guy negative feedback for not leaving feedback. If you go out of the way to put a printed note in the package to leave feedback, I would think they would go out of their way to leave feedback for someone who payed quickly.

Whoever completes the transaction first should get the feedback first. If you pay, seller should leave feedback immediately. Once buyer receives acceptable item, buyer should leave feedback ASAP.

In a perfect world that would work, but like RS pointed out some people will leave neg. feedback for reasons that are out of the sellers hands. On the flip side I'm sure that some sellers misrepresent the merchandise or fail to ship in a timely fashion. I don't do much business on Ebay I prefer to actually see what I'm buying in person.

the problem with that though is that the seller will ALWAYS be the one leaving feedback first because nobody is going to send anything out without being paid first

the problem with that though is that the seller will ALWAYS be the one leaving feedback first because nobody is going to send anything out without being paid first

Yes, exactly.

If you got paid, then the buyer performed his part of the deal. If he leaves negative feedback, that''s a different issue. You still have the money, and you can respond to his negative feedback.

The problem is RS, these guys are running a business. Im seriously thinking of leaving the guy negative feedback for not leaving feedback. If you go out of the way to put a printed note in the package to leave feedback, I would think they would go out of their way to leave feedback for someone who payed quickly.

oh no, that would not be good Gasman... whats your ebay username? hehe, i think i might want to put you on my blocked buyers list, hehe (kidding of course)....seriously, please dont do that to the guy. if anything, just dont leave him ANY feedback if it bothers you that much. sellers get penalized HEAVILY for negative feedback revieved. ESPECIALLY powersellers.

If it means anything to you RS, I always look at the negative feedback and read the rebuttal and base my opinion. Im probably a rare case. I realize there is just some people who you cant please.

EDIT* I wouldnt actually leave the negative feedback, its just that it drives me nuts.

If it means anything to you RS, I always look at the negative feedback and read the rebuttal and base my opinion. Im probably a rare case. I realize there is just some people who you cant please.

I do the same G-man. I always look at responses. Heck, I wish eBay allowed longer explanations for negative feedback and responses.

yeah, but please dont leave the poor guy negative feedback just because he hasnt left you feedback. the policy of probably HALF of the sellers like me (just one guy, not a huge business) on Ebay is to leave feedback AFTER it is left for us. again, if it bothers you, just dont leave him ANY feedback. Negative feedback is harsh and it is a last resort

So RS, are you saying the sellers are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback? That would suck if its the case.

So RS, are you saying the sellers are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback? That would suck if its the case.

thats exactly the case. we can only leave Positive or NOTHING...its really not fair. even if the buyer wins the auction and doesnt pay, we cannot leave them negative feedback. it sucks. sellers get screwed ALL THE TIME now because of this too. all the seller can do is leave the buyer a strike (if he doesnt pay). and even then, ebay wont do anything about it until the buyer receives 4 strikes...

thats exactly the case. we can only leave Positive or NOTHING...its really not fair. even if the buyer wins the auction and doesnt pay, we cannot leave them negative feedback. it sucks. sellers get screwed ALL THE TIME now because of this too. all the seller can do is leave the buyer a strike (if he doesnt pay). and even then, ebay wont do anything about it until the buyer receives 4 strikes...

Ya that sucks big time.

thats why a lot of us wait to leave feedback

Ya, but if you cant leave negative feedback, what good is it going to do to wait. You can always respond to the negative feedback after.

Ya that sucks big time.

They did it because so many sellers were leaving negative feedback as retribution when they received negative feedback. As a result, buyers were afraid to leave negative feedback for bad sellers.

They did it because so many sellers were leaving negative feedback as retribution when they received negative feedback. As a result, buyers were afraid to leave negative feedback for bad sellers.

Maybe they should make it anonymous, lol

Ya, but if you cant leave negative feedback, what good is it going to do to wait. You can always respond to the negative feedback after.

True....

and True....but now its all we (the good sellers) have

Back