NickentGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I thought you may want some more information on our 5DX Ironwood. I have put all the information from our press release here.

Nickent Golf, a longtime industry leader in hybrid technology, introduces their latest breakthrough in hybrid shaping and performance with their new 5DX Ironwood.Nickent has been a trend setter in hybrids for over seven years, accumulating awards and professional tour wins from everywhere on the planet, including wins at the 2007 US Open and 2008 Ryder Cup. With their 5th generation design, the King of Hybrids™ has produced an all stainless steel hybrid with a new geometrical shape that places discretionary weight to the extreme perimeters of the clubhead.

New "wings" on the back of the clubhead were designed by Nickent master designer John Hoeflich to optimize the center of gravity (CG) and increase the Moment of Inertia (MOI) for superior forgiveness. The increased MOI, which surpasses that of most fairway woods on the market, plus stronger lofts means a significant increase in distance.

"This is without a doubt the longest and straightest hybrid we have ever made," said Hoeflich. "Our first four different ironwood designs all followed the same basic classic profile. We knew we had an opportunity to increase the MOI by adding wings to the back of the clubhead. But one of my main principles in club design is that the club must look good to the player's eye in the address position. So while the wings add significantly to the playability and performance of the hybrid, we made sure that it would be accepted by the top players in the world from an appearance standpoint."

The 5DX Ironwood will sell for $199 with a mid-kick Level5 graphite shaft designed by Fujikura, the overall shaft leader on the PGA Tour for the last 7 years. The Fujikura shaft was designed specifically designed to boost the performance characteristics of the 5DX Ironwood.

There are a myriad of features and benefits that makes the 5DX Ironwood the new premium hybrid golf club in the marketplace.

5DX Gives You Wings

USGA Conforming Geometry Limits
New geometry, featuring "wings" incorporates innovative body shaping for increased ball speed and accuracy as well as an increase in MOI.

XW Inserts
Nickent Patented XW Inserts
Extreme perimeter weighting, including two tungsten-polymer XW inserts, and an adjustable weight plug on the sole, make this Nickent's most forgiving hybrid ever achieving an MOI of 3130, one of the few hybrids on the market with the ability to surpass the 3000 MOI mark.

Face Technology
Advanced A-frame face for high COR for increased ball speed with improved sound. The high tech face that is thicker in the middle and thinner at the edges to provide a more constant ball speed.

Versatility of the 5DX
The 5DX Ironwood is an all purpose club that performs brilliantly in all situations. The A-Frame and deep face, combined with the strong lofts make the 5DX a good choice off the tee. The new cambered sole glides through the turf with ease, and beveled leading edge make the 5DX the ideal choice for a long par 3 or for a 2nd shot to land on the green on a par 5.

Design Customizations
The XW Inserts on the back of the clubhead are made of Tungsten Polymer and designed to look like the back of the Ferrari F430. The XW inserts reduce vibration and are used for swing weight adjustment. It's like having moveable weights without the hassle and without relying on bulky screws that add a harsh feel at impact. The weight on the bottom of the clubhead can be adjusted by the manufacturer with different weight screws available (2g/4g/6g/8g/10g).

Level 5ive Shaft
New proprietary Fujikura shaft featuring a special Fujikura Graffiti design. Mid-kick shaft that optimizes launch angle. Available in R-Light, Regular, Stiff and Extra Stiff. The NNG grip is designed by Lamkin specifically for Nickent.

More Lofts, More Options
The 5DX hybrid is an iron replacement club comes in 9 different lofts, one club every 1.5 degrees from 14° to 26°. This hybrid system allows the golfer to attain the optimum distance control and trajectory. With this proven hybrid loft system, there will be no distance gaps in your bag and no confusion on what club your hybrid actually replaces.

Tour Approved
We're proud to introduce 5DX to consumers after thoroughly testing the product with our invaluable professional tour staff made of some of the best players on the PGA TOUR, the Nationwide Tour and the LPGA," said Nickent Director of Tour Operations Josh Trivett. "We've tested the 5DX with various swing types that represent every type of player out there. We have definitely seen that this is one of the longest and straightest hybrids for everyone who tested it. The extremely high MOI provides unique qualities and benefits that everyone can benefit from. I think this will be a huge hit on the tours and for anyone looking for an advantage on the golf course."
"I thought Nickent had already created the perfect, easy to hit hybrid but somehow they have topped themselves. The ball comes off of the 5DX with ease and the increase in distance was noticeable on my first swing. I expect to be landing more Par 5's in 2 this year with the 5DX in my bag."
Brendan Steele
Nickent Nationwide Tour Staff Player

Cosmetics
Tour players were very complimentary of how well it sat at address and how square the hybrid sits. Players have been very impressed and have given the 5DX high approval rating from players.

Flight Characterisitcs
The playing characteristics of the #2 mirrored the testing results of the #3. It comes out with a slightly flatter trajectory, and with a hotter feel. These results seem to give the players the sensation that it is coming off hotter with more ball speed off the face. The ball flight is noticeably flatter with less spin. As tested with the majority of the players testing #3, the #2 had a slight distance advantage (3-5 yards over 4DX and 5-7 yards over 3DX RC) over our current hybrids.

David Mathis
"Every time a golf company comes out with a new club it is always the longest and straightest. But when Nickent comes out with a new hybrid and says it is the longest and straightest you have to take notice. After trying this club, Nickent is right. It is the longest and straightest hybrid I have tried. The biggest improvement in the 5DX model of the Nickent hybrid is the clubs take the proper trajectory of a long-iron replacement. I am already looking forward to the '09 season with this 5DX in my bag."
David Mathis

Availability
The 5DX Ironwood will be available through a golf retailer near you in mid-December.

Nickent Golf's worldwide wins include events played on the PGA TOUR, LPGA Tour, Nationwide Tour, Champions Tour, European Tour, European Challenge Tour and the PGA Grand Slam of Golf.

www.nickentgolf.com
www.myspace.com/kingofhybrids

Thanks I am interested in this stick.

No problem AJ. Our rule is 5 a week. You will love this club.

Yeah the review looks awesome, think I'll go hit it this weekend. Been wanting a 15* hybrid as an alternate.

i am probably going to pick up a 21.5* 5dx

I will be picking up a 3 hybrid at some point... from JB's review and our discussions I am surprised a club of this caliber this wasn't even mentioned anywhere in GD Hot List... disappointing as this will be one of the best hybrids released in the past couple of years

I have yet to hear anyone say anything they did not like about this club. Every review has been very high.

by far the greatest hybrid i have EVER hit. PERIOD. i am truly sold on this hybrid and will have 2 of them in my bag soon. thank you JB for introducing me to this hybrid. they BLOW away my Callaway FT's

I will be picking up a 3 hybrid at some point... from JB's review and our discussions I am surprised a club of this caliber this wasn't even mentioned anywhere in GD Hot List... disappointing as this will be one of the best hybrids released in the past couple of years

yeah, thats amazing how this club wasnt in the GD Hot List. i dont even know thats even possible. ive never been more sold on a club as i have been on this one. and like JB said, its almost like cheating they're so good

yeah, thats amazing how this club wasnt in the GD Hot List. i dont even know thats even possible. ive never been more sold on a club as i have been on this one. and like JB said, its almost like cheating they're so good

it didn't take me long to be sold on these...

Nobody should pay any attention to the Golf Digest "Hot list". Pretty much comes down to how much a manufacturer wants to pay in ads for the "honor" of being on the list.

I have never used a Nickent Hybrid but have several golfing buddys that swear by them.

Nobody should pay any attention to the Golf Digest "Hot list". Pretty much comes down to how much a manufacturer wants to pay in ads for the "honor" of being on the list.

I have never used a Nickent Hybrid but have several golfing buddys that swear by them.

hear you on that one... just strange to see the 3dx included on that list but not the 4 or 5dx!

hear you on that one... just strange to see the 3dx included on that list but not the 4 or 5dx!

Maybe the editor just likes the colour blue?
-Or uses a 3dx himself!?

of course he could just be green with envy over those who have the 4dx or 5dx!!

(see what i did there with the colour theme.....pretty smart huh!!)

Just a quick note from Tour, when we tested this product on tour (5DX), it got the best response of any hybrid we ever introduced or tested out there. I had several guys hit it 4/5 times and proclaim, I want to put it in NOW! but at the time we were testing, but all of those guys had it as soon as we could get them out. Just an awesome testimonial of how the 5DX was received by the best players in the world.
www.nickentgolf.com

I tried hard to like the 4dx hybrid, but was never successful with them, but the 5dx is my favorite club in the bag. Great flight, no problem getting the ball in the air from the deck, and very forgiving and long.

same here. 5DX is by far the best hybrid ive ever hit

There is a reason we declared them King Of Hybrids in our review of their clubs on the main site.

There is a reason we declared them King Of Hybrids in our review of their clubs on the main site.

I still love the RC hybrids though, forgiveness and flight is great for my swing.

I still love the RC hybrids though, forgiveness and flight is great for my swing.

RC makes hybrids??? :egyptian:

url.jpg

Well....the 3dx RC cam out after the 4dx, and the 5dx was not out at the time of this article, so it makes sense why the 3dx RC was included since it was never reviewed in 08.

I wish cluboutlet.com would host some lefty versions of the hybrids at their used club prices. Haven't seen one yet!

I just bought a right hand 4DX 5H off ebay for less than 40 bucks, new WSE. Don't forget about looking there too.

Back