What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had golf tryouts today, made the team.

Congrats Dent. Please keep us updated on how the team does.

Still got the pig flu?

Congrats Dent. Please keep us updated on how the team does.

Still got the pig flu?

I still have it yes, Our tryouts were supposed to be last week, but they got rained out, and we were supposed to have a tournament tomorrow, but we will not be entering now.

I'll keep you updated.

Congrats Dent.

I think you need a thread in junior golf that you can update all season so we can follow you.

aww dang it! i was hoping to see a 99 posted tonight! oh well, at least you got out and played. ive been indoors for 3 straight days. better luck next time

Thanks RS, Yeah that weather system that has been stuck over Fla is something I saw that jacksonville alone was supposed to have something like 12 inches of rain yesterday or today wow, flooded basements and garages are not fun it will be 3 years the end of next month that we had to deal with 6 ft of water in our basement and 4 in our garage.

This state needed it badly. We were in a major drought and this has helped a lot. The courses will look great after this dries up. THank goodness for no basements here.

How much of it is actually going to soak in and how much is just going to run off JB? When we get those kinds of rains in the summer after a drought the ground is too hard to take it all. We don't have THAT problem right now, but the ground gets so saturated so quick when it rains that we have a similar problem in that the rain still runs off because the ground is TOO wet and can't hold any more water.

Progress coming each day...

Progress coming each day...

Yesterday I had my first ever birdie, a 3 on a par 4 after sinking a 20' putt. I shot a 54/55 for a personal best 109.

TODAY- played the same course in an even stronger wind; steady 20+ gusting to 35mph. The greens were dry as a cart path and impossible to hold.

ANYWAY... I ALMOST broke 100 today. Shot a 101 53/48 for a new personal best 9-hole score and a new personal best 18-hole score.

AND- I had my SECOND birdie today- AND 2 pars. Two birdies in two days- both on par 4's!! :smile-big:

Today's birdie was something I wish I had on video. It was a 404-yd par 4. I hit a not-so-great drive into the right fringe about 190 yards out. There was a S-L-O-W foursome that we had been patiently following all day long. They were putting out like this was the 72nd hole at the Masters, kneeling down, studying the breaks, marking balls, carefully seeing who was away for the next putt, etc.

Anyway... tired of waiting I took a whack at this ball in the short fringe about 215 yards out with my 3-wood. I absolutely pured it and it TOOK OFF, hit at about the 185 yard mark, bounced once and rolled across the green right through the middle of all four of them, within 1-foot of the hole and rolled about 6 feet past.

I WISH I could have seen their faces. I of course never DREAMED I would hit it into them and felt badly, but can you see them all fooling with their putts from 15', 20', 25' and a ball rolls through the middle of them to within 1' of the cup, stopping 6' beyond.

SLOWLY they all turned and looked at me. I raised both arms in a helpless SHRUG gesture as if to say (Sorry- I NEVER DREAMED it would go that far!).

They all waved cheerfully as if they had just been privileged to stand on the green and watch Tiger hit a 3-wood to within 6' of the cup. I got there and had a horrible downhill breaking putt for birdie- but read it perfectly and it died into the heart of the cup for my 2nd-ever birdie. WHEW!

I was/am JAZZED. Heading out tomorrow for another 18. I feel like the lessons and the practice are beginning to pay off.

OK- It's somebody else's turn now- I'm tired! :D

Sounds like a great round Pinged, I'm glad to hear those new irons are working so well for you.

You'll be breaking 100 pretty soon. Nice shooting Pinged.

Very cool.

Okay, but keep us in the loop.

Anyway... tired of waiting I took a whack at this ball in the short fringe about 215 yards out with my 3-wood. I absolutely pured it and it TOOK OFF, hit at about the 185 yard mark, bounced once and rolled across the green right through the middle of all four of them, within 1-foot of the hole and rolled about 6 feet past.

I WISH I could have seen their faces. I of course never DREAMED I would hit it into them and felt badly, but can you see them all fooling with their putts from 15', 20', 25' and a ball rolls through the middle of them to within 1' of the cup, stopping 6' beyond.

SLOWLY they all turned and looked at me. I raised both arms in a helpless SHRUG gesture as if to say (Sorry- I NEVER DREAMED it would go that far!).

They all waved cheerfully as if they had just been privileged to stand on the green and watch Tiger hit a 3-wood to within 6' of the cup.
That's always the time you hit the shot of your life.It's happened to me just about the same as your story twice.Now if anyone seems out of range I know they won't be if I take the shot.

still? God this has been going for months already. It won't disappear anytime soon.

I am sure you will immediately fix it and begin hitting the ball better than ever, lol.

I have to make a thread asking for help in here soon, but I'm just too lazy. I've gone back to old technique and was all over the pin at the range today so we will see what happens.

So close yet so far....

We played at Kiln Creek Country Club today. I was 8 over through 15 holes and playing very solid. But as fate would have it I shot 6 over on the last three holes for an 86(43-43). All and all I was happy with the way I played but a little disappointed with the way I finished.

shot 37 today. par'd the first 7, double bogey'd 8 cuz i hit it ob on the tee shot, and birdied 9. hit 8 out of 9 greens, just missed a bunch in the 10-20 foot range, i only had one putt longer than that

shot 37 today. par'd the first 7, double bogey'd 8 cuz i hit it ob on the tee shot, and birdied 9. hit 8 out of 9 greens, just missed a bunch in the 10-20 foot range, i only had one putt longer than that

nice round AK ..... if you got the putter working u could've shot something really low.:clapp:

nice round AK ..... if you got the putter working u could've shot something really low.:clapp:

thanks. ya seriously, i have shot as low as 33 on 9 but to do that it definately takes some good birdie putts. i didnt putt poorly today, but i just didnt really make anything outside of 5 feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back