How far has your "Golf Style" come since joining THP?

I just caught my wife looking at the Golfsmith women'e clothing section.

She's addicted now.

I don't think its changed too much, but I definatly know much more about it and think about it a lot more. I've always liked looking good with my clothes and THP has just shown me more whats out there and introduced to me lines that I would not have known about otherwise.

Mine has changed quite a bit. No more AC/DC Concert authentic t-shirts being worn by me to the course. As well as cargo shorts or jeans. I now have about 10 golf outfits. So, I now dress the part even if I don't play the part... LOL

This is a great topic and I have enjoyed reading all of the responses up to this point. In all honesty I would say my "golf style" has not changed since I joined THP. Prior to joining I would never consider going to play golf in jeans, cut-offs, or anything other than a collared golf shirt and nice shorts and that is the same today. My attire always meets the demands of the courses I play and that is once again a collared shirt, shorts ( either "regular style" or "cargo style" ) a nice baseball hat facing front, shoes and socks. I have never really been one to get into the brands like Sligo and others, partly cause it is not really "my thing" and secondly because of the size I am (XXL), there are extremely few options from the clothing manufacturers for shirts and/or shorts. Rarely when I do look on their sites do I ever see shorts with a waist larger than a 36 or 38. Maybe when I reach my goal and drop some weight I will purchase an outfit from one of the MFGs and see what, if anything, I have been missing all this time.

Hasn't changed my attitude to what I wear, but that's because I've always enjoyed a bit of flair on the course. In fact that's what I credit to improving my game so much. There's no greater pressure than spanking one down the middle of the first when your wearing a snazzy pair of tartans LOL

Tapped via tapatalk

Last edited:
I came to THP when I almost first started playing, and so I didn't have much of a style to speak of. I wore whatever I had in my closet that looked halfway dressy. Now I have tons of stuff. 90 percent of it is Puma and a few adidas pieces mixed in.

Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

Lately I've been rocking belt strap and buckle combinations. My wardrobe has always been golf shirt heavy though.

The big change over the summer hasn't been what I wear to golf, but what I wear to work. In a business casual environment I went from pants and a button down to pants and a golf shirt. Throw in a few different buckles each day, and I am pretty much dressed to go straight to the course every day after work.

Back