2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad there is so much excitement. Last year we went with a format to take all perceived bias out of the equation. The judges were people that had never even been on the THP forum, much less knew any of the people here. In the end, it did little to change the perception of the process. When the application process is announced, everybody will see exactly how to enter. We hope you do and realize how much fun this will be. Its an epic journey that has the ultimate reward at the end of it. Completion of something special.

Don't be scared of thoughts of "Its so much work" or anything else. Enter because of your love for golf, your love for equipment and/or your love of THP. It is our honor to host this special event and one we are extremely proud of.

Talking to the Judges last year and explaining to them what the forum was and how we knew everyone was pretty funny. Last years selection was pretty much as unbiased as you can get.

This is all about supporting the OEMs and the lucky people picked right? I know it will be dissapointing if I dont get selected, but I think it our job as a forum, as a Family, to support this great event. I know that it is a lot of fun to throw your support behind a team and follow everyone on their journey. Everyone that isn't selected, I highly suggest you do this, makes the MC that much more fun to watch

I think that THP picking people would be a good idea. I wouldn't get in, though I'm not going anyways. It would certainly entice people to become involved more on the forum and everything about it, which is always good.

This is all about supporting the OEMs and the lucky people picked right? I know it will be dissapointing if I dont get selected, but I think it our job as a forum, as a Family, to support this great event. I know that it is a lot of fun to throw your support behind a team and follow everyone on their journey. Everyone that isn't selected, I highly suggest you do this, makes the MC that much more fun to watch

And even better, people who aren't selected should volunteer and get to support THP, the OEMs, and get to watch the MC live!

War, I liked your video but it wasn't funny and it seemed like comedy was rewarded last time. Is that fair?

I think there should be an application process that involves telling why you deserve to be in it, and what you've done on THP to deserve it. I think it should be an earned honor and privilege to participate in the MC.

comedy was rewarded...but i thought that "real, heartfelt, pure message, (i deserve to be a part of this because)" type videos, were equally rewarded in that process.
the non-biased judging was put the to test, and i thought they did well at spreading out the love.
add in this as well....some video entries even stated that they were a part of the first MC. put yourself in the shoes of an unbiased, non-THP judge and tell me how hard it would be to choose them, based on that fact alone? even so...out of all the entries, those were still the best.

regardless of the entry process, etc....i just hope that entries more than double last years count. and i'm sure the things you've mentioned up there TC, will not be overlooked by the entrants who really, really want to experience this.

I think we can all read between the lines at what JB just posted, esp. this line: "When the application process is announced, everybody will see exactly how to enter. We hope you do and realize how much fun this will be."

I think fun is the key word here.

No matter what way the application process goes i'm sure it's gonna be something really special. JB and GG would have thought long and hard about how it will be handled. I felt last years entry process was a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what this year holds

I think that THP picking people would be a good idea. I wouldn't get in, though I'm not going anyways. It would certainly entice people to become involved more on the forum and everything about it, which is always good.
Why would you not get in? I dont understand this reasoning.

And let me point out that with the new criteria, the Morgan Cup application process has NOTHING to do with past efforts on THP. Its about what someone will do in the present and future, not the past. We have learned all too well that rewarding people based on the past, does not always equal a quality future.

And let me point out that with the new criteria, the Morgan Cup application process has NOTHING to do with past efforts on THP. Its about what someone will do in the present and future, not the past. We have learned all too well that rewarding people based on the past, does not always equal a quality future.
I like hearing this, JB. Cant wait to see what you guys have in store for all of us with this next announcement.

please READ this all MC hopefuls!!!!!

I like hearing this, JB. Cant wait to see what you guys have in store for all of us with this next announcement.
What he said. He's a fart smeller that War Eagle.

I think we'll get a bunch of people fired up and ready to rock when it comes time to find out who will be joining the rest of us. I'm so ready to find out who's on my team it's not even funny. I already love them. They're by far the best group of THP'ers ever!

This is great to hear. There are so many around that deserve the chance to be in it and deserve the opportunity to come back. You guys know what is best and will do it. I am so pumped to hear about this.

I'm just giving him a hard time. :angel:

Oh, I got it.....you just say it better than me. I don't understand it either from Dam and others saying they would have no shot at other criteria.

I think we'll get a bunch of people fired up and ready to rock when it comes time to find out who will be joining the rest of us. I'm so ready to find out who's on my team it's not even funny. I already love them. They're by far the best group of THP'ers ever!

You crack me up.

this is a shame....I honestly can not believe that some people havent made a post since the coverage of TMC 2.0

even though I'm a member of Team Hackers, i am also a member of JakeNation and i support this message.

Oh, I got it.....you just say it better than me. I don't understand it either from Dam and others saying they would have no shot at other criteria.

yeah dude....if tnolan had a shot, then anyone has a shot!

They feel as though they are not liked, therefore the "powers that be would give them no shot". Its absurd and ridiculous if you look at the last two Morgan Cup events and who got in, but sometimes its not worth trying to explain unbiased. Then again, with Dam, I am sure it is about the cost, because he said the outing was too expensive and the Morgan Cup is technically more.

this is a shame....I honestly can not believe that some people havent made a post since the coverage of TMC 2.0

And that is just a piece of it.

Will you be having "In Jakenation We Trust" shirts made for them ????

They feel as though they are not liked, therefore the "powers that be would give them no shot". Its absurd and ridiculous if you look at the last two Morgan Cup events and who got in, but sometimes its not worth trying to explain unbiased. Then again, with Dam, I am sure it is about the cost, because he said the outing was too expensive and the Morgan Cup is technically more.

And that is just a piece of it.

I think this is something a lot of people dont look at. There were multiple guys selected for this years MC that I wouldn't have considered as active as many. They all did a freaking amazing job, but some of them weren't neccesarily around 24/7 like others. I think the selection for 2.0 was extremely fair and unbiased, and to suggest it is about being in some "clique" or being "liked" is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back