Hardest Course You've played... Easiest?

The hardest course I have played, based on rating and slope, is Ko'olau on Oahu. It has been called that hardest course in the US and maybe the world. SSome of the holes are unplayable for most golfers. Many forced carries and dramatic elevation changes. I'd love to play it again.

Golf is so hard anyway, I can't identify an "easy" course. Based on score posted I guess my home course, Boca Royale, would qualify but except for being short (6200 yds) it is tight with los of bunkers and water.

Same here as far as course rating/slope: Ko'olau, it wasn't that bad though, except for the 18th hole. The 18th hole is the hardest hole I've ever seen. The only trouble I found with the course was lack of knowledge of when fairways ended. It was easy to hit it too far and be lost in the jungle. You need to lay up to the right places for the forced carries.

Easiest...nothing comes to mind.

The easiest is the course I worked at as a teenager: Gull Haven in Central Islip, NY. It was a par-35 9-holer that was mostly flat; PB score there was an even par 70 for 18.
Same here by far the easiest I have played several of the par 4's are drivable and the only par five is 450 yards.

Hardest rating wise was Bethpage Black from the tips otherwise it would have to be Timber Point. When I played there on the blue course (there are three 9 hole courses) the winds were a sustaineded 40-50 mph. Nothing like aiming 30 yards to the right of a par three and watching your ball get blown across the green and into the water.

Same here by far the easiest I have played several of the par 4's are drivable and the only par five is 450 yards.

Hardest rating wise was Bethpage Black from the tips otherwise it would have to be Timber Point. When I played there on the blue course (there are three 9 hole courses) the winds were a sustaineded 40-50 mph. Nothing like aiming 30 yards to the right of a par three and watching your ball get blown across the green and into the water.

An uncle of mine used to joke that Timber Point blue was the only course he'd ever had to yell "Ahoy!" at instead of "Fore," when he'd hit it at the boats. That par 5 at Gull Haven used to play a bit tougher back in the day when it was still a par 4 and the back tees were astride the woods behind the whites instead of where they are now. It is a pushover of a par 5 though.

For my money the hardest course I've play is the Pete Dye Golf Club in Bridgeport, West Virginia, that course is a favorite of mine but just eats me up. On the flip side one of the easier tracks I've played, at least one that I've always been able to break 80 on, is #8 at Pinehurst. As bad as I'm playing I've always been able to get healthy on that course.

Rainmaker in Ruidoso NM. Robert Trent Jones design.

http://www.rainmakersusa.com/

Hole number 1, 690 yard straight away with a dogleg right at the end, cliff all along the right side...nice way to open things...you just don't play form the back tees here lol.

My favorite quote from a buddy of mine about this one. "Who ever designed this course must have been really pissed at the time...". So much fun but you can't expect to shoot well, especially on the front 9.

Hardest course I've ever played is Aronimik Golf Club in PA. My only tour level course I've played and it was a doozy...

Tapping from my S3

Easiest...Kresson Golf Club in NJ
Hardest...the Dunes in Myrtle Beach. I was having one of those days, was at par through the eighth, went under the ball with my 9-iron on the tee shot on the 9th par 3. Ball landed way short in the lunar landscape between tee and green. Flubbed second shot to the elevated green and ended with a 5. Never been close to par since. Was so distracted after that I ended with an 86. Not too good after being 33 at 8. This is the only hole I recall from that Myrtle trip now. :)

Easiest...Kresson Golf Club in NJ
Hardest...the Dunes in Myrtle Beach. I was having one of those days, was at par through the eighth, went under the ball with my 9-iron on the tee shot on the 9th par 3. Ball landed way short in the lunar landscape between tee and green. Flubbed second shot to the elevated green and ended with a 5. Never been close to par since. Was so distracted after that I ended with an 86. Not too good after being 33 at 8. This is the only hole I recall from that Myrtle trip now. :)

WOW, Kresson, that brings back memories from my days living in Marlton. Is that place still open?

Hardest course I've ever played is Aronimik Golf Club in PA. My only tour level course I've played and it was a doozy...

Tapping from my S3

Good call - Aronimink is a tough one, especially since the renovation. Has to be one of the coolest locker rooms in all of golf - so old school.

WOW, Kresson, that brings back memories from my days living in Marlton. Is that place still open?

Kresson is definitely still open. And it is one of the easier courses Hehe...

Tapping from my S3

hardest: poggio dei medici near florence italy a lot of it is uphill went through a dozen that day
easiest:henderson golf club near savannah ga (where i live) fairways are rock hard so its pretty easy

Hardest: Bolingbrook GC... most greens are small, elaveted & frim.
Easiest: Hickory Hills... not alot of hazards... nice soft greens.

The hardest course for me is a toss up between a few:

The Ranch in San Jose but only if you play it from the tips. It's a stupid golf course from the black tees with a 72.8/150 rating. Frequent 250 yard carries off the tee to get to the fairway and miss the fairway or overshoot a green and your ball is lost 95% of the time.

Spyglass is quite hard as well when played under tournament conditions.

Fairmont Chateau Whistler is a very tough mountain course. Dodging black bears every other hole adds to the excitement on that one.

Hardest is Golf Club Novara which is a small 9-hole course which is kept terribly, greens were soaking (some of the cups had 2 inches of water in them), the faiways were cut as long as the roughs and there was OB everwhere.
Easiest was Golf Club Verbania, another 9-hole course.

Hardest is Trump National L.A.
Easiest would be Willowick

Hardest--> The Territory (Duncan, OK)
Easiest--> Generations Golf Club

My hardest was Pakoridge in Sandia New Mexico. Easiest for me wss Cog Hill No. 2. Couldn't miss s putt there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hardest = The Ocean Course at Kiawah
Runner up = Bethpage Black.

Easiest = Moccasin Bend, Chattanooga TN

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Hardest = The Ocean Course at Kiawah
Runner up = Bethpage Black.

Easiest = Moccasin Bend, Chattanooga TN

That would be so much fun to play

I didn't break 100 at The Ocean Course or Bethpage Black. Was a 14 handicap at time of playing both. Kicked my arse.

Pared the first hole on the Black but didn't sniff another the rest of the round. Would love to play them again since hdcp has dropped.

TCI was pretty tough. (Tournament Club of Iowa), butTiffany Greens in KC, MO was a bear from the tips.

Easiest was probably Lakeside Hills in Olathe, KS. It closed about 5 or 6 years ago, but I was shooting low to mid 90s there when I couldn't break 100 anywhere else.

Back