THP Tour Van Event - Atlanta, GA

I will be there for Friday. What time is everyone meeting?

Hey everyone,

I tried to get us reservations into Papadeaux's for Friday but they were booked solid. Only thing they had was a 4:30 opening. So, I reserved a room for 10 on Friday at 6:00 pm at Papasitos. We can always change the time if they have availability. I hope that works. Here is the address:

2788 Windy Hill Rd.
Marietta, GA 30067
(770) 541-6100
http://pappasitos.com/home/

Last edited:
Beer for beer, freddie and I will spot you each two.

I kid, i kid.

hahaha I'll give you the crown right now dude.. I'll put a few back, but I am not taking ANY chances on pulling a bullfrog!!!

Hey everyone,

I tried to get us reservations into Papadeaux's for Friday but they were booked solid. Only thing they had was a 4:30 opening. So, I reserved a room for 10 on Friday at 6:00 pm at Papasitos. I hope that works. Here is the address:

2788 Windy Hill Rd.
Marietta, GA 30067
(770) 541-6100

I have a feeling Mike and I won't be making the dinner reservation, but if everyone opts to move it to a slightly more casual setting after dinner please keep us posted!

Was there ever a consensus on best hotel option?

I have a feeling Mike and I won't be making the dinner reservation, but if everyone opts to move it to a slightly more casual setting after dinner please keep us posted!

I dont think there was a real consensus....I think TOAD is staying at the Wyndam/Wingate in Kennesaw... I will be making my reservation today and while Super 8 usually has a bad rap, Tripadvisor gave the one in Kennesaw good marks..
(It is a Wyndam property as well, has breakfast, & saves me $30)

JB, just a FYI (and for those THP'ers who haven't tried it), Kroger markets in the Atlanta Metro market stock Skyline Chili in cans. You could stock up the Rangefinder while you're here.
After seeing that Kroger carries these in the ATL area, Idecided to check my Kroger in Huntsville...Lo and behold....

skyline_DCE_zps8f5e8993.jpg

Picked up a can to give it a try....Will report back... :)

I dont think there was a real consensus....I think TOAD is staying at the Wyndam/Wingate in Kennesaw... I will be making my reservation today and while Super 8 usually has a bad rap, Tripadvisor gave the one in Kennesaw good marks..
Roger that. And I will be driving straight to the course Saturday morning. Should be there nice and early for some demo time.

I have been looking at the Super 8 in Acworth which is 7.5 miles from the course and also got decent reviews on Trip Advisor. Still monitoring this thread to see where everyone else is staying, however.

Where are we eating dinner at again on Saturday night??? Might help make up our minds??

Hey everyone,

I tried to get us reservations into Papadeaux's for Friday but they were booked solid. Only thing they had was a 4:30 opening. So, I reserved a room for 10 on Friday at 6:00 pm at Papasitos. We can always change the time if they have availability. I hope that works. Here is the address:

2788 Windy Hill Rd.
Marietta, GA 30067
(770) 541-6100

SMG, isn't that a little far from the Acworth/Kennesaw area?

Probably about 15 minutes. Let me know and I can make some recommendations elsewhere. I was basing these on Freddies Post a few pages back for something on Cobb Parkway. This one is just off interstate at Windy Hill Exit. Just let me know whether this works for whomever wants to attend. Cancelling is not a problem. Just wanted to have a guaranteed spot without having to wait on a Friday night.

TapAhoy!

I think Taco Mac would be a good location/atmosphere.

I'm very upset that I will have to cancel my spot at the outing on Saturday. Have to drive to Knoxville next weekend for a family "situation". My sincere apologies guys - not a happy camper today.

Have a great weekend !!

Sorry you can't make it. Hope everything is alright.

I'm very upset that I will have to cancel my spot at the outing on Saturday. Have to drive to Knoxville next weekend for a family "situation". My sincere apologies guys - not a happy camper today.

Have a great weekend !!

I was staying away from TacoMac cuz we were going there Saturday night. But I love that place so we can eat there on Friday. Lets Just decide on a time, I am thinking 700 to give eveyone enough time to settle in. It's big, laid back and plenty of good food plus it's chewie's client.

I think Taco Mac would be a good location/atmosphere.

If it has a very similar structure to Buffalo Wild Wings, I definitely support it.. Freedom to roam and mingle, get to know some fellow THPers, beer it up a bit.. All good things.

Guys, what's the cut off date for registering for this event?

Sorry you can't make it. Hope everything is alright.

I was staying away from TacoMac cuz we were going there Saturday night. But I love that place so we can eat there on Friday. Lets Just decide on a time, I am thinking 700 to give eveyone enough time to settle in. It's big, laid back and plenty of good food plus it's chewie's client.

Ah, forgot this was the plan for Saturday night as well.

Soon I am guessing. It is next weekend and I am sure Chewie has to have times in all set with the golf course.

We lost a player today for family reasons, I would PM Chewie and have you name added, you can also have it removed.

It's not like they have thing on the menu. I can do a burger on one night and wings on the other. I'm flexable like that plus all the beers on tap will be nice! Canadan is right, more room to mingle in a less formal setting.
Ah, forgot this was the plan for Saturday night as well.

Yes I understand and didn't want to make an odd number of participants either. Will be through Atlanta saturday and would like to try some clubs and woulde play possibly

I will cancel the reservations and see everybody next weekend.

TapAhoy!

Yes I understand and didn't want to make an odd number of participants either. Will be through Atlanta saturday and would like to try some clubs and woulde play possibly

Why the worry about odd number of people, you just end up with a couple groups of three in stead of four. No biggy.

Back