2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a chance to start trying my idea for one of the videos yesterday at the range. This is gonna be a lot harder to pull off than I thought. Even tried an easier way and it was still hard and I dunno if I can get it to work. After this pro am I'm gonna be giving 110% to get it to work. Gonna be fun that's for sure.

Got a chance to start trying my idea for one of the videos yesterday at the range. This is gonna be a lot harder to pull off than I thought. Even tried an easier way and it was still hard and I dunno if I can get it to work. After this pro am I'm gonna be giving 110% to get it to work. Gonna be fun that's for sure.

30 seconds is not long at all.

Buck if you need help videoing your idea (and this goes to any MC hopeful in my area), I'd be glad to help out.

Kmac, you entering your name in the pot for next year?

Kmac, you entering your name in the pot for next year?

Not sure yet man. Timing for these things is always tough at the end of the summer when the kids are going back to school. If I dont then Im tossing the idea around of trying to make it down to volunteer that way if I cant make it its no big deal.

30 seconds is way short. I have some really good ideas. I just am not sure if I can pull any of them off. Lol I am looking forward to seeing everyone's videos again. The viewing party was a blast last year

Alright guys I am going to be the one to come in here and police this thread. Can we not turn this into a banter/inside joke thread and try and keep it more serious about the Morgan Cup? Future hopefuls should know your future OEM reads these threads.

I agree that the thread took some turns last night, maybe not for the best, but a lot of it was about the shared experience that everyone had from the last Morgan Cup and hopefully what would be had from the next. Representing the OEMs is important, it's a requirement, and the reason why they hand over so much equipment, but the shared experience that everyone will have is priceless and what I would be looking forward to the most.

30 seconds is way short. I have some really good ideas. I just am not sure if I can pull any of them off. Lol I am looking forward to seeing everyone's videos again. The viewing party was a blast last year

YOu'll be fine.

I agree that the thread took some turns last night, maybe not for the best, but a lot of it was about the shared experience that everyone had from the last Morgan Cup and hopefully what would be had from the next. Representing the OEMs is important, it's a requirement, and the reason why they hand over so much equipment, but the shared experience that everyone will have is priceless and what I would be looking forward to the most.

i agree Frank. At least the "banter" and "off topicness" was due to excitement about the event. Sometimes I think it's good for nights like last night to happen. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

While some of it was, there was a whole lot of regular old banter filled with nothing but inside jokes, ridicule and more. If this is what people are expecting the 2013 Morgan Cup to be about, then they should find something else. We have made it clear that the banter needs to be cut down and the overall attitude by some in here over the last 10 pages was absurd.

Just remember people cannot tell tone and what might be funny and sarcastic to one, comes across as flat out rude to others. This thread is about the 2013 Morgan Cup and only the 2013 Morgan Cup.

Those Villas are going to get a work out in 2013. I've already given Tracy a heads up that more rooms will be needed. A place holder will be placed next week.

While some of it was, there was a whole lot of regular old banter filled with nothing but inside jokes, ridicule and more. If this is what people are expecting the 2013 Morgan Cup to be about, then they should find something else. We have made it clear that the banter needs to be cut down and the overall attitude by some in here over the last 10 pages was absurd.

Just remember people cannot tell tone and what might be funny and sarcastic to one, comes across as flat out rude to others. This thread is about the 2013 Morgan Cup and only the 2013 Morgan Cup.

I don't get this at all. I think that while the banter can get out of control, the attitude behind it is nothing but positive.

Maybe some strict rules or do's and don't's need to be made public. I think people are just excited and this is just a way that it shines through. But, I could be seeing things completely differently.

I was an idiot and I apologize. Wont happen again

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I was an idiot and I apologize. Wont happen again

LOL, i love this response Chunky. I need to ask Ben2 to make this line into a smilie as I could probably use it pretty often.

Yeah some of it gets off topic for sure but honestly it makes me more excited about the whole process and the event itself and really want to be a part of it. To think that this is not a welcomed part of the Morgan Cup experience is worrisome.

To speak about inside jokes and the whatnot, the only reason that I can be a part of those is because I have been lucky enough to get to know some of the people here, I'm better for it, and encourage others to do the same.

Sometimes events in Casa Chunky just make me a little nutty. It was a perfect storm of tiredness and a sleepover.

I for one am excited about the opportunity!! Playing or volunteering!! I can't wait!

YOu'll be fine.

i agree Frank. At least the "banter" and "off topicness" was due to excitement about the event. Sometimes I think it's good for nights like last night to happen. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

I don't get this at all. I think that while the banter can get out of control, the attitude behind it is nothing but positive.

Maybe some strict rules or do's and don't's need to be made public. I think people are just excited and this is just a way that it shines through. But, I could be seeing things completely differently.

Listen guys. Seems to me the same few people disagree with the way we handle this. While I am always going to respect everybody's opinion, in the end the decision is ours in this matter. I already asked once and it has been asked previously for banter and inside jokes to be done only in the banter thread. What I don't think you guys are realizing is that the inside jokes, while done with good intentions, is confusing and sometimes even off putting to people who were not there.

What that does is alienate people who are knew to the forum or new to the concept of the Morgan Cup and these people could end up being assets and potentially your next best friend but you wouldn't know it because you have unintentionally pushed them away.

This subject is no longer up for conversation in this thread. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM.

Yeah some of it gets off topic for sure but honestly it makes me more excited about the whole process and the event itself and really want to be a part of it. To think that this is not a welcomed part of the Morgan Cup experience is worrisome.

To speak about inside jokes and the whatnot, the only reason that I can be a part of those is because I have been lucky enough to get to know some of the people here, I'm better for it, and encourage others to do the same.

I agree that some inside jokes and stories are great to relive memories with friends, but with several pages of them makes it hard for newer / less active members stay up to date in the threads. I heard this a few times yesterday when I asked several people if they planned on applying for the 2013 MC.

I woke up this morning still brainstorming ideas, bad part is that last night I fell asleep to Terminator 2.

Don't think those ideas will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked our a bag from every OEM. Top to bottom.

God I cant wait.

Not even waiting to see all the new gear? You're an animal Thain!!! Hahaha

Yeah, I've done the same, Jman...dreaming big brother! There are SO many active people here that will do the job right.

New gear will be similar from all companies. Except for Callaway I believe. I think they'll make a large move.

Either way, MBs are fairly interchangeable between companies.

New gear will be similar from all companies. Except for Callaway I believe. I think they'll make a large move.

Either way, MBs are fairly interchangeable between companies.

Maybe, maybe not...lol

All in the eye of the beholder. I reckon we'll see a few surprises from every OEM.

Plus, I'm nowhere near good enough to play MB's, too much pain for me! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back