What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hex Black. One of the best wind balls I've played. Durability is lacking seriously though

For some reason despite all the hype on the pv1x being for smoking fast swing speeds and my only having a 95mph swing when I am trying to play well and control everything, I bought a box of mint recycled just to try them. I used to play the pv1, then I switched to the TP3 and do like it a lot but I have a golf ball issue, I want to play them all.

Well the X is everything it's cracked up to be and then some. Off the driver even on less than perfect shots it just went. Nice high ball flight, no real issues with wind although one slightly botched shot ended up pretty far in the rough when combined with the wind, not the balls fault, mine.

Off the irons it was a thing of beauty, I'm weak with long irons and getting the height I need with them to get decent carry but this ball was great for me.

The only thing I can't comment on would be wedges. I hit plenty of wedge shots and although my distance was close, the ball just released and rolled off the green. Not the ball yet again, it's been hot and dry and I was playing in the afternoon. I tried the same shots with TP3's, couldn't get them to hop and stop for me. Couldn't putt, the stroke for a normal 1st putt from 25 ft where I'm just trying to get close to the cup to drop it in with the 2dn putt just rolled right past and kept going. I actually shot my worst round of the year and it was all double chips/triple putts for double bogey. Can't blame the ball, played the same one the whole round and I'll play it again in the morning when it's a bit damp with dew and see if I can't redeem myself.

This ball however is great!!!!

Played the prov1 for 9 holes today. Shot a 40 with it can't be too bad lol. Then shot a 43 on the back playing callaway balls.

Played my last round with the HX Diablo tour as usual. Good ball that responds well when I put a good move on it. Was rolling out a little on me, but that was most definitely my iron swing and not the ball. Now that we're moving into the offseason, I think it's time for me to start testing some other balls. Tried the e5 already and it was just ok. Don't know what it was but just never got comfortable with it. Want to give the Q-Star another go. Maybe the NXT Tour or Tour S. I'm kind of fond of the $20-30 price range as I still lose a decent number of balls (if I don't find it in the first minute or two of looking I generally drop a ball). Plus I don't like it when the ball spins back a ton, just never got used to it. I'm a fan on hop & stop. A little backspin is ok. Any others I should be looking at?

Tried the TM TP Red today for the first time. Not a fan at all. On the second hole I hit driver and the ball went out a ways then suddenly dropped like a rock. I thought it must have been a bad hit til I hit a 6 iron and it did the exact same thing. Even my playing partner noticed it, it was so obvious. So I switched to something else and didn't have it happen again. It must be something with the way the Reds are designed for mid-trajectory that doesn't work with my swing.

Played my last round with the HX Diablo tour as usual. Good ball that responds well when I put a good move on it. Was rolling out a little on me, but that was most definitely my iron swing and not the ball. Now that we're moving into the offseason, I think it's time for me to start testing some other balls. Tried the e5 already and it was just ok. Don't know what it was but just never got comfortable with it. Want to give the Q-Star another go. Maybe the NXT Tour or Tour S. I'm kind of fond of the $20-30 price range as I still lose a decent number of balls (if I don't find it in the first minute or two of looking I generally drop a ball). Plus I don't like it when the ball spins back a ton, just never got used to it. I'm a fan on hop & stop. A little backspin is ok. Any others I should be looking at?

Look into the TM TP3/TP5's before the sales go off. I've been substituting my usual ball for a TP3 lately and you can't beat 20-25 bucks for a 3 piece urethane ball that spins and sticks really well. I'm stocking up.

last round i played 9 with a new Bridgestone Tour B330. it might be just out of my swing-speed range, but i can play it just fine. i didn't see any real change or lack in performance. i was working on my swing and played pretty well. i was striking the ball very well, especially with my irons. the ball didn't seem to move too far left or right, even when i thought i might lose one right quick...didn't happen, just a nice cut. the ball sat down on the greens quick and i liked that a lot. i liked the RXS better, but i'll continue to play this ball until i run out. i like it.

Played a Tour B330-S today and remembered how much I like them. It really just seems to work well with my swing.

Tried the Maxfli U3 during yesterday's round. Good feel off of the clubface, a very ample amount of check and spin on the greens, but the durability is nothing like a comparable Bridgestone or Srixon ball. These got chewed up very quickly, and that is definitely a deal breaker for me.

V2 Gamer for a 76. Nice to not lose a ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the Pro V1 and lost it then switched to the Pro V1x. I like the Pro V1 much better. It is a great ball for me. If I can work out something with the pro shop, it may become my gamer.

Tried the Maxfli U3 during yesterday's round. Good feel off of the clubface, a very ample amount of check and spin on the greens, but the durability is nothing like a comparable Bridgestone or Srixon ball. These got chewed up very quickly, and that is definitely a deal breaker for me.
i have no idea why but i couldnt hit the u3/u4 to save my life

today i played cally hx diablo and was struggling... launched a few of them into the water today

Played that callaway tour iZ today..... Wow this ball is amazing! hit my first 314 yard drive GPS on the cart measured.... This ball is straight and has plenty of spin. I think I either need to stock up or hopefully find a ball that plays like this one.

Still playing the Titleist DT Solo but switched up to the yellow ball. Still liking though.

Used some Burners today that I had laying around, pure rocks! Switched back to the e6.

Played that callaway tour iZ today..... Wow this ball is amazing! hit my first 314 yard drive GPS on the cart measured.... This ball is straight and has plenty of spin. I think I either need to stock up or hopefully find a ball that plays like this one.

Great ball.

Played some refurbished Pro V1 from Wally World. Not a bad ball at all, soft and stops on the greens.

Bridgestone 330 RX...shot an 82, normal ball is e6. Thought the 330 was a little longer all the way around. Nice ball not sure it's worth the price difference over the e6.

Played the e7 mid 50's lots of wind.
Like how it cuts through the wind.

How does the black compare? Cause I like the Chrome but the iZ is way better IMO.

The performance is very similar but the Black has a much better feel.

always played pro v1x. if the pros played them they must be good. :act-up:

Bought a sleeve of e6 to try Friday. I like the ball overall. My driver swing was way off, so couldn't tell if it was straighter than the B330 RXs I played last sat. I need another round with it, but I think I like the RX better. I have a sleeve of e5 to try next round too.

Z Star XV

Z Star XV

Shot a personal best 81 with Z Star XV today in cold and very windy conditions in northern Wisconsin including a 265 yard 3 wood RBZ shot to help Eagle a par 5. The cover of the Srixon holds up better for me than the Pro v1x on wedge shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back