Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful there...you'll get flamed if you use the word FSU and elite in the same sentence.

Also, I somehow knew that JB would chime in knock FSU down. FSU is overrated because they played cupcakes, and the test will be Clemson. Now they're overrated still because they beat a top 10 Clemson but Clemson's D is terrible? Pretty much FSU is overrated until they take out an "Alabama" in a title game. There's no winning in some of these discussions lol

Where did I knock them down? First off, I never said Clemson would be a test. Because I said the defense did not look elite? Giving up 37 no matter who its to never looks elite.
Not all of us FSU fans, walk around with blinders on.

One of us called their defense elite for "decades". Not both of us, but one of us. Yet when facts came in, the other was no where to be found. Dont come in a thread and throw ridiculous things at me because I disagree with posts that are blatantly false and facts are there to support it.

Careful there...you'll get flamed if you use the word FSU and elite in the same sentence.

Also, I somehow knew that JB would chime in knock FSU down. FSU is overrated because they played cupcakes, and the test will be Clemson. Now they're overrated still because they beat a top 10 Clemson but Clemson's D is terrible? Pretty much FSU is overrated until anyone takes out an "Alabama" in a title game. There's no winning in some of these discussions lol
FIFY.....

-FSU legitimately hung 49 (with 2 missed FG's) against a top 10 team
-Clemson has a high powered offense yet you claim they only beat high school teams
-FSU let in 37 (hail mary on opening drive, gift of a spot on fake FG, Sammy Watkins trick play, tipped 4th down ball = 28 of their points were the result of trickery, or simply good fortune) whereas our scores were mostly "march down the field, no trickery, stop us if you can". Not to say that Clemson's points weren't valid but rather to say that it's not exactly as if Clemson just marched down the field all night and we couldn't stop them.

So instead of saying FSU did not look fantastic why can't you give credit where credit is due. They played a dangerous team and walked away victorious.

Since Alabama/LSU aren't known for their offense, and Oregon isn't know for their defense...according to you no team is fantastic?

FSU looked like garbage until about the third quarter. That was a scary game till we basically tired out their defense and were able to keep marching down the field. Offense looked good, defense looked like they typically do when they hype themselves up too much for big games like they did last year against Oklahoma. I don't think I once felt like I could breathe a sigh of relief until we had the ball with under a minute to go.

So instead of saying FSU did not look fantastic why can't you give credit where credit is due. They played a dangerous team and walked away victorious.

Since Alabama/LSU aren't known for their offense, and Oregon isn't know for their defense...according to you no team is fantastic?

Why cant someone who is a fan not think their team looked fantastic? Good gawd dude, sometimes its not worth it. We all saw the stats from your last argument, I will bow out of this one.

FSU looked like garbage until about the third quarter. That was a scary game till we basically tired out their defense and were able to keep marching down the field. Offense looked good, defense looked like they typically do when they hype themselves up too much for big games like they did last year against Oklahoma. I don't think I once felt like I could breathe a sigh of relief until we had the ball with under a minute to go.

Mward,
Its just not worth it dude. Apparently FSU fans, cannot do anything but pound our chests and say we are the best ever. No way can you can look at something objectively. Its not allowed.

College football fans are hysterical dude. I mean truly hysterical.

It's amazing dude. They are completely blind to the facts, which honestly, is why I love college football so much.

fify dude....

Too bad they arent bowl eligibile, they are good

Heh, they have a Heisman capable qb and that's it. Their defense is so awful. I can't remember the last time they had a LB corp this bad.

Why cant someone who is a fan not think their team looked fantastic? Good gawd dude, sometimes its not worth it. We all saw the stats from your last argument, I will bow out of this one.

Mward,
Its just not worth it dude. Apparently FSU fans, cannot do anything but pound our chests and say we are the best ever. No way can you can look at something objectively. Its not allowed.

It's amazing dude. They are completely blind to the facts, which honestly, is why I love college football so much.
I was told this weekend that I wasnt an "Auburn Man" because I said Auburn looked like crap so far this year. Heaven forbid something like facts and stats get in the way. I then got called out again because when asked what I thought about the team after a close loss to the #2 team in LSU, I responded, "Well, we're 1-3, that's worse than 1-2."

Not pounding my chest or biased. I'm playing your game actually. You're the one that takes statistics and manipulates them to suite your need.

Fact: FSU beats #10 team by double digits
Fact: FSU put up 49 points for the 4th straight game
Fact: FSU #7 Rushing offense in nation (All 6 teams ahead are running teams i.e. GT, Nebraska, etc..)
Fact: FSU #2 total offense in nation behind Oklahoma State
Fact: FSU #7 total defense

I hate to tell you this but by week 4 everyone has had at least 1 or 2 cupcake games to rack up the stats but not everyone has played a beaten a top 10 team.

Do I think we're as good as we were in the 90's? No of course not. Do I think we're the best in the nation? Of course not. Do I think we at least deserve our #4 ranking? Absolutely. All I really want is people to acknowledge that we're deserving of our ranking. If people like JB still think we don't look fantastic then apparently only 3 teams in the nation look fantastic or better. Or make that 2 because LSU barely beat Auburn (1-3).

We played bad teams and destroyed them like we should. We played Clemson and beat them in a high scoring affair like we should. Basically we've done everything we should and still get little respect from people here.

Edit: Alabama played 2 cupcakes and then Michigan (2-2), and Arkansas (minus their starting QB). So I guess Bama isn't for real either because they haven't played anyone. LSU played 3 cupcakes and barely beat Auburn, so I guess they aren't for real either. Oregon played 3 nobodys while letting in a bunch of points before destroying a #23 Arizona. So who exactly does look fantastic? No top defensive team has played an offensive juggernaut, and no top offensive teams have played defensive monsters.

Last edited:
I think FSU has a legit shot to go undefeated and make it to the title game. They have a good defense and I think a very good offense. They put up 50 in back to back weeks, even though it was just against Clemson's and Wake's defenses. They're damn good. We didn't deserve to win that game, FSU was just awesome in the second half. Though I'm interested to see if Oregon can go undefeated, because I bet they'd go to the title game over FSU.

Mward,

I agree with you guys. For whatever reason, I am a lifelong FSU fan and that defense looked anything but elite on Saturday night. Despite the score, they squeaked that one out. Clemson's defense just got worn out and Manuel took over. With that said, FSU looked really awful for 3 quarters on defense. They got some key stops when they needed them and that was the difference. I will be honest, I have gotten used to them flopping in a big game over the last few years so the win was actually a surprise to me. If that game is in Clemson, the outcome may have been different.

Not pounding my chest or biased. I'm playing your game actually. You're the one that takes statistics and manipulates them to suite your need.

Fact: FSU beats #10 team by double digits
Fact: FSU put up 49 points for the 4th straight game
Fact: FSU #7 Rushing offense in nation (All 6 teams ahead are running teams i.e. GT, Nebraska, etc..)
Fact: FSU #2 total offense in nation behind Oklahoma State
Fact: FSU #7 total defense

I hate to tell you this but by week 4 everyone has had at least 1 or 2 cupcake games to rack up the stats but not everyone has played a beaten a top 10 team.

Do I think we're as good as we were in the 90's? No of course not. Do I think we're the best in the nation? Of course not. Do I think we at least deserve our #4 ranking? Absolutely. All I really want is people to acknowledge that we're deserving of our ranking. If people like JB still think we don't look fantastic then apparently only 3 teams in the nation look fantastic or better. Or make that 2 because LSU barely beat Auburn (1-3).

We played bad teams and destroyed them like we should. We played Clemson and beat them in a high scoring affair like we should. Basically we've done everything we should and still get little respect from people here.

The first 2 games werent even cupcakes, they were munchkins. Those 2 teams are basically high school teams (as JB said earlier). Wake is a borderline FBS team. Clemson was a good test but those stats you stated are a bit misleading.

I think FSU has a legit shot to go undefeated and make it to the title game. They have a good defense and I think a very good offense. They put up 50 in back to back weeks, even though it was just against Clemson's and Wake's defenses. They're damn good. We didn't deserve to win that game, FSU was just awesome in the second half. Though I'm interested to see if Oregon can go undefeated, because I bet they'd go to the title game over FSU.

Thank you, end of story.

If scoring mad amounts of points every week was the criteria for being a great team two of the past three National Championships would not reside in Tuscaloosa.

Since this is the thread where nothing seems to make sense...The University of Oklahoma should still be ranked in the Top 5 and Landry Jones is the number 1 candidate for the Heisman. There were a couple of plays on offense and defense that they looked like the best team in the nation. Plus, Bob wears a visor. Pure country club "ELITE" status if you ask me.

Thank you, end of story.

If scoring mad amounts of points every week was the criteria for being a great team two of the past three National Championships would not reside in Tuscaloosa.

I think their offense is better than their defense. And I agree with you, in college football, it appears that a good D beats a good offense. That's why I think Oregon or FSU would get steamrolled by the Tide in the National Championship.

I think their offense is better than their defense. And I agree with you, in college football, it appears that a good D beats a good offense. That's why I think Oregon or FSU would get steamrolled by the Tide in the National Championship.

I won't lie, and this is putting the cart well in front of the horse, Oregon scares me.

I won't lie, and this is putting the cart well in front of the horse, Oregon scares me.

I don't blame you either. They can score on absolutely anyone. More than Clemson, that's for sure. But their defense isn't too much better than Clemson's I don't think. Obviously it would have to be a bit better, but not a ton.

Meh, something about Pac 12 teams just makes me uneasy. Always feel like they are soft teams. Get a team that can control the clock and grind the game out and they will have trouble.

Good thing for the rest of the country tOSU is ineligible this year, otherwise they would be a legitimate title contender.

I love my Buckeyes but they have struggled against TURDS so far this year. First time in awhile Im scared of Big 10 play

Mward,

Nike needs to make me a red polo with an FSU logo on it, that way I can proudly blind homer both my interests at the same time I suppose?

War, I was pulling so hard for Auburn. Total bummed by the ending of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back