The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone that got the iPhone 5 not like it? Or is everyone satisfied with it?

I'm pretty level headed about these things. The voice controls are excellent. Responded to a text at a stoplight in about 5 seconds today. Speed is great. Installed golflogix app before golf today and it was really fast on the course. Don't care for the app, but that's not the phones fault. Size is nice, feels like a phone. Case is necessary as the back is very slick and naked it doesn't fill my hand well. I grabbed a body glove case at radio shack and its working well. I hear bad things about Siri, but I wanted to know some scores from the games yesterday, and boom, up they came. Really, it seems to work just fine. Still figuring out its capabilities. Hmm, what else. The charger is a cool design, fits in any orientation. No right side up like a micro USB. I hate that it's a proprietary design but I went in eyes wide open on that. It's not sexy, it just works. Battery life is meh. Having a charger nearby is probably a good idea. Will probably use 70% a day. Overall I really enjoy the phone.

iChick doesn't trust the speculation sites.
Kmac have you done a speedtest to compare your S3 against the ip5?

CNET and a few other sites have already done comparisons. The iP5 seems to download about 1-1.5 Mbps faster than S3 not a huge difference. While the S3 smokes the iP5 at uploading by around 5Mbps. Apple has for whatever reason tempered the processor for upload speeds because there was a test done with jailbroken iPhone and it was more than twice as fast uploading after being tweaked.

I let Siri do my THP'ing on my iPhone 5

Griff - Battery life not great? What did you come from before this again?

CNET and a few other sites have already done comparisons. The iP5 seems to download about 1-1.5 Mbps faster than S3 not a huge difference. While the S3 smokes the iP5 at uploading by around 5Mbps. Apple has for whatever reason tempered the processor for upload speeds because there was a test done with jailbroken iPhone and it was more than twice as fast uploading after being tweaked.

Im assuming ddec meant processing power? I dunno but I could care less about download and upload speeds between phones. Id be more interested in how fast they can perform actions.

Yup I've seen those too. I was wondering if Kmac, or anyone else with the opportunity to have both at the same time have done it.

I've been messing with mine for about 3 hours straight this morning and I'm at 86%. Seems about on line with where my S3 was at this point in the day.

Im assuming ddec meant processing power? I dunno but I could care less about download and upload speeds between phones. Id be more interested in how fast they can perform actions.

I was thinking both really.

Griff...I think that's what I'll use Siri for A LOT is checking on scores.

I guess I'm in the minority who loves the lightness of the phone. Feels great in hand in my opinion especially with the bigger screen.

I was thinking both really.

Oh ok. Well we dont get true 4G here at the house so I cant compare true 4G speeds. I dont think Tracy has even seen her's go into 4G LTE yet unless shes made it up towards Newark or Wilmington but I dont think so.

Griff - Battery life not great? What did you come from before this again?

Ha, we'll my Htc inc had a huge 3500 ma whatever battery so I'm spoiled for sure. I'll miss that, no aftermarket battery. For its size I'm not disappointed by the battery life, it's about what I expect. Heavy use I could run it down before the day ends. So far my usage has been about 70% with extra playing around on my part. Haven't played videos, just some games...everything on except bt and hotspot.

Ha, we'll my Htc inc had a huge 3500 ma whatever battery so I'm spoiled for sure. I'll miss that, no aftermarket battery. For its size I'm not disappointed by the battery life, it's about what I expect. Heavy use I could run it down before the day ends. So far my usage has been about 70% with extra playing around on my part. Haven't played videos, just some games...everything on except bt and hotspot.

Might I suggest the Mophie battery case when it comes out? They do have a 6000 mah one but it's not a case, it's more like a MiFi hotspot that you plug into and it gives you battery. I don't like that as much as I do a case as well as a battery.

Griff...I think that's what I'll use Siri for A LOT is checking on scores.

It's great! "Oakland raiders score" and there it was with a little color commentary to boot.

Mward, that's awesome. Something like that pricey?

I guess I'm in the minority who loves the lightness of the phone. Feels great in hand in my opinion especially with the bigger screen.

2nd this. I get that people subconsciously get the reassurance that heavier equals sturdy. I prefer less weight though if I know for a fact that the build quality is there.

Has anyone tried using a doc, or accessory with the adapter? How was compatibility, or feature loss?

I mean the iphone 5 is awesome...but really?

Colt,
Question for you. You said that the Kindle Fire was not a "go" because of the lack of YouTube app. What happens now if this is the future with Apple?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-feud-google-now-felt-115802424.html

Isn't the different the kindle fire cannot even get the app unless you root it? Where the iPhone has the youtube app it just doesn't come in the base install. Am I missing something?

EDIT: looks like you may be able to get the YouTube app on the Fire without rooting, but looks non standard.

Dad just got one, fuming!

Isn't the different the kindle fire cannot even get the app unless you root it? Where the iPhone has the youtube app it just doesn't come in the base install. Am I missing something?

EDIT: looks like you may be able to get the YouTube app on the Fire without rooting, but looks non standard.

Seems like the same thing to me. Not the program, but the fact that they both have it available, yet do not have it installed. And Maps, is a different animal and as that article discusses, not on the same level with Google Maps.

I'm am now totally in love with Siri and my iPhone 5, it makes it so much easier to even type within text, emails and THP. Oh yeah, the bigger screen is nice as well.

How do you get her to work with THP? I'm not having much luck with her, most of the time she takes about 1 minute to respond then says "there is a problem". Although, when she does work it's pretty cool.

How do you get her to work with THP? I'm not having much luck with her, most of the time she takes about 1 minute to respond then says "there is a problem". Although, when she does work it's pretty cool.

I think maybe she does the texting for him..?

This was sent to me from a buddy who got his iPhone5, he is talking about the panoramic picture feature...

Hahaha, I really hope he was joking. Even the current Win7 phone has pano a built in cam feature.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

This is after an apparent Fedex box messup...

C1F184D5-C47A-42A0-ACF5-7828268C9271-880-00000048F6130410_zps3344a51b.jpg

IMG_1394_zpsba894a66.jpg

You should ask Fed Ex about that. iPhones shouldn't be bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back