Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
COBRA Golf has launched the all new AMP CELL Irons, packed with the latest in technology and looks. With a metalwood face-weld construction, E9 Face Technology, AMP CELL technology, a V-Skid sole design, vibration management system and speed channel, these irons are positioned to deliver explosive distance, maximum forgiveness and pinpoint accuracy.

“Our AMP CELL Irons take the best technologies from our research in irons and combine them with metalwood-type construction,” said Tom Preece, Vice President of Research and Development. “Bringing these technologies together provides golfers with higher, longer, more penetrating ball flight, superb accuracy, optimized CG placement and ultimately, the best in performance.”

The AMP CELL 4 through 7 irons feature a metalwood construction with a thin, high strength steel face that is welded to a softer 431 stainless steel body. This optimizes the irons to create a COR zone, controlled weighting and provides a lighter face; all working together to generate faster ball speeds for improved distance and forgiveness.

COBRA’s proprietary E9 Face Technology gives the AMP CELL Irons a progressive face and cavity design to optimize the performance of each individual iron to improve distance, feel and forgiveness based on golfers most common impact patterns.

The internal cell weighting in AMP CELL irons enables precise CG placement, moving weight from the face and body to create perimeter weighting which positions the CG behind the Sweet Zone[SUP]TM[/SUP]. This provides high moment of inertia (MOI) for greater forgiveness.

The V-Skid sole combines a higher bounce leading edge with heel toe relief, resulting in a sole that is versatile for better players, yet forgiving for mid and higher handicappers. This works with the vibration management system to reduce unwanted vibration and sound for exceptional feel.

Just like the AMP CELL Drivers, Fairways and Hybrids, golfers will have a choice in color when it comes to the AMP CELL Irons. While silver will be the stock option, AMP CELL Irons with Vibrant Orange, Directoire Blue or Barbados Red details will also be available through select retailers and custom orders.

The COBRA AMP CELL Irons are available in right and left handed models in both steel and graphite, 3-L. 8 piece sets (4-G) are available with a street price of $699 for the steel set and a street price of $899 for the graphite set. The AMP CELL steel irons feature a True Temper Dynalite 90 shaft and the graphite irons use a COBRA MRC AMP CELL Shaft. All irons feature a Lamkin REL .600 grip designed specifically for AMP CELL Irons.

AmpCell7iExploded-L.jpg

AmpeCellIrons7iHerofinal2steel-L.jpg

AmpeCellIrons7iHeroMenOrange-L.jpg

AmpeCellIrons7iHeroMenRed-L.jpg

AmpeCellIrons7iHeroMenBlue-L.jpg

If these perform as well as the driver and FW wood from the same line, then they are going to be a big time hit!

Not sure if I would get along with the shaft or not, but I actually like the stock silver color offering the best.

Cobra has been busy this year!

Interesting!! I can't wait for the reviews. My wife, just into golf, wants the Amps because of the colors!!! I guess that's as good a reason for her as any!!!! LOL

Wow....irons of many colors !
I'll bet when Mrs. Drumdog sees these, she is going to want them.
She will want me to find out if she could get a multi-color set.

Man, I like the stock look. Love all the color choices Cobra is putting out this year.

I guess I'll have to hit these before deciding on which irons to buy...

These look quite clean! Pretty excited to hear how these perform!

These look really nice. Lots of interesting tech in there. And of course being able to customize your irons is a very cool thing. I am a sucker for blue, but I think I really like the silver. Perhaps my MC irons lol?

The red ones look like Spiderman's irons...

I really like the look of these irons and it's cool that they are offering multiple colors instead of just orange.

Lord have mercy, if these irons hit as good as they look (especially the blue ones) I will have to go back to work :banghead:. Well at least for a little while :D. I was not all that excited about orange only option with the first amps that came out. With these multiple choices, it's a marketing marvel that Cobra/Puma has brought to the table!

Wow these look nice. Cobra has seemingly gone all out on their new Cell line.

I really like the first color option. That might be the best looking Cobra GI iron I've seen.

I badly want to see some in-hand pics.

I like the look of the silver. They look a lot sleeker than the previous incarnation.

These irons look amazing and I love the color choices. It's enough color to look cool but doesn't overdo it. Definitely looks like Cobra will have some winners this year to compete with other top dogs out there. Can't wait to hear more about these.

I really really like these irons. The Driver and FW were a huge hit in Des Moines and based on all of this I would be honored to represent Cobra in MC 2013. They are absolutely bringing it.

I really love the color choices and designs. Good looking irons.

If I'm being nit-picky I'd like to see a different shaft offering. That's purely selfish though since I've never done great with the Dynalite. How awesome would some custom KBS Tours look in these?

Wow those look really nice. Cobra Golf has been bringing it as of late. Would love to give these a shot.

If I'm being nit-picky I'd like to see a different shaft offering. That's purely selfish though since I've never done great with the Dynalite. How awesome would some custom KBS Tours look in these?

That was my thought as well as I just don't know how I would get along with that stock shaft. I can definitely see myself gaming these though, that silver just looks really really good to me.

Back