what part of your game are you working on?

I got to actually practice yesterday, which was fun. Some outing was getting ready to go off when I got there, so the range was packed at first. Started at the short game area and hit a pyramid of balls working on everything from sand to greenside to 50 yard pitches, which was really enjoyable for a change.

When the range cleared I worked on full swing. Mostly irons and wedges, but I mixed some hybrids in there as well. The things that I learned last winter are finally sticking for me and I can have somewhat productive sessions at the range. Just working on a flat turn and staying down/centered over the ball in the down swing. Very Kuchar-like. It's ugly, but I hit the ball far more consistently that way. Just need to figure out how to do it when it counts on the course without reverting. I still think I have a good round or two in me before the season ends. Running out of time though.

Got an hour of practice in today. Worked on full swing, some 30 yard pitches, 70 yards pitches, and about 15 minutes putting. Could have spent more time on the green, but the college team invaded it and I got annoyed. Everything was pretty decent again.

Biggest weakness is that I almost feel like I have a full swing yip in that I really want to overturn on my back swing. I can control it in practice swings and some times on real swings, but I just want to keep turning and turning. Would like to see that go away one of these days.

Mid Irons

Go Big Orange

Going out to work on my short game. Primarily bump n runs which I haven't been very good at lately.

I'm really working on my grip. I had a pretty weak grip for a while, and while I was getting fitted, the guy recommended a bit of a different grip and it has changed my game. It is quite amazing.

So I have been spending a lot of my time working making sure the grip is strong.

Practiced for about 2 hours again today since the course was taken by an event (AGAIN).

Tried to force myself to slow down and go through a couple practice cuts between swings. Did ok with that. Full swing was pretty good with irons and hybrids. Highlight was the driver. Just continuing to work on setting up closed, which helps me get the ball to turn over, gives me more distance, etc. Hit it pretty well. More good than bad at least.

Other half was short game. Worked at flags at 45, 55, 70, 85, and 100 yards and saw some big improvement when comparing the start to the finish. Afterwards, headed to the putting green for 30 minutes. In all it was a pretty productive day.

Putting, sub 100 yard shots, and bunkers.

I've been struggling bad on my short game lately. I finally broke down and had another lesson today. The pro showed me something completely different that what I was doing all the way down to my grip. I played nine holes when I got done, and I have to say what he showed me really helped. I hit better chip shots today than I've hit in several months. I felt like that was the one thing that was holding me back, and if I can get this down a little better, I may finally get down to that 0.0 handicap I've been wanting for a while.

Feels like every time I go out its something different.. Last weekend I couldn't putt for the life of me. 3 and 4 putts all day. The weekend before that my putting was spot on but it I was playing out of the next fairway. I don't get it..

Right now my shortgame is absolutely horrible. Have to practice a lot more chipping.

im practicing positioning throughout the swing
its been raining all day so its all indoors practice in front of the giant mirror in the teaching pros area
address, top of the swing, 1/4 down, 1/2 down, impact, 1/4 thru, follow thru
rinse lather repeat

Trying to mentally overcome some weird full swing yip I've acquired. I'm working really hard to not overturn on my back swing, so when I feel myself doing it I am stopping the back swing and trying again. It looks and feels weird, but it's the only way I can keep myself from a bad swing. For some reason I have no problem with getting where I want in practice swings, but it's almost like my brain forces my body to overturn. I feel like Charles Barkley.

Trying to mentally overcome some weird full swing yip I've acquired. I'm working really hard to not overturn on my back swing, so when I feel myself doing it I am stopping the back swing and trying again. It looks and feels weird, but it's the only way I can keep myself from a bad swing. For some reason I have no problem with getting where I want in practice swings, but it's almost like my brain forces my body to overturn. I feel like Charles Barkley.
i do the same thing to the point i john daly... its goes so far back that i dont even look at the ball i look behind me lol
it took me forever to fix it

right now im working on putting... today was atrocious

I'm working on driving my right knee through the ball and bringing my left hip back during the down swing, I tend to start my shoulders first but with proper timing my swing could get way better.

Still working on weight transition, not breaking my wrists at the top, hip rotation, smaller back swing, and keeping my lower body more quiet. Probably too much at one time, but seems to be working when I get it together. At least no trenches are forming (not 100% yet) and aiding my wrist to heal up. I would say 70% of an extra large bucket was either acceptable or "oh ya, that's it". Dart throwing getting much better! Especially if I can remember to keep the swing smooth brother. I'm believe I am feeling these errors after they happen, so I hope that's a good sign.

Let's see how this transitions on to the course in the morning!

Tempo, tempo, tempo.

i do the same thing to the point i john daly... its goes so far back that i dont even look at the ball i look behind me lol
it took me forever to fix it

right now im working on putting... today was atrocious

Dude, it's so funky and ugly. I have a hitch in my backswing that I can't really stop. I want to hide in shame. I'm just trying to keep my right knee flexed a bit, which helps me, but it's still a challenge.

Tempo. When I sync everything up, curvature is minimal and is just mashed. When it's not, I have no trouble hooking a 58 degree wedge 20yds haha

Hawk, have you ever tried an impact ball? It might take care of that hitch. You can make them for really really cheap too.

I have a 5lb medicine ball I've used in the past. I just need a new brain.

Eh the brain's still good, it just needs to be reprogrammed a bit. Happens to all of us one way or another.

I free up the swing with a beer or two pretty well. Either way, it's better than it's been in terms of contact and ball flight, so I'll hitch away. It's just a little embarrassing.

Jay Haas and Kenny Perry are all sorts of hitchy. They did pretty well, just trust it.

I have shifted from the short game to the driver. I play a huge slice and have lately been tryiing some things to correct this swing flaw. I am trying a new grip and a new position at address.

Back