The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even worse, and unless they have changed things since 2003, this still stands: Exits off of the highways that don't have an entrance ramp on the same street. If I remember right, the only place you can get on the same place you exit is where the highways meet.

Not a huge rant since I am not there, but it sure sucked when I was!

Nope. It's still the same. I swear the highways here were built by a bunch of bruddah's that drank constantly.

I let Siri do my THP'ing on my iPhone 5

In my eyes thats a win win.
The creepiest thing for me and snakes is when I was dating a girl in my early 20's and she had a seven foot Boa and at night she left it out of it's cage that thing would curl up between us while we slept I would freak out when I saw it's huge head an inch away from mine when I woke up. Would have made a nice belt.

Tell me she didn't leave it out during "fun time"! Game...Over

Leaving for Denver today for a four day golf trip and to catch the last Rockies home game tomorrow. 40% CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS on Thursday, 10% Friday, 30% Saturday and 20% Sunday. Guess we will be playing in the rain!

Leaving for Denver today for a four day golf trip and to catch the last Rockies home game tomorrow. 40% CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS on Thursday, 10% Friday, 30% Saturday and 20% Sunday. Guess we will be playing in the rain!

Or you could look at it like this: 60% chance of sunshine on Thursday, 90% on Friday, 70% on Saturday, and 80% on Sunday. Have fun!

Look at the BRIGHT side, 60% chance of no rain, 90% chance, etc! :D

Nope. It's still the same. I swear the highways here were built by a bunch of bruddah's that drank constantly.

Sorry a bit O/T but that reminds me of Dog the Bounty Hunter hehe

There's not enough coffee at my desk to deal with the fires I'm already fighting at work

i gotta lot of crap to do today but all i wanna do is play golf

Darn you internet explorer, you're killing me.

Those 2 hour dentist appointments.

Why post about a job and not return phone calls inquiring about the job?!!! I called twice in the past two weeks and no call back! I hate people's response times sometimes.

Little advice needed from my brothers. This could get a little long winded.

Last Saturday Regina and I had our engagement party in my fathers pub. All our friends and family were there even Regina's parents who made a very long drive to be there on our special night. My problem is 3 of the girls I work with and had considered my friends turned up for 90 mins then left again to go to a nightclub. This doesn't bother Regina but I feel very let down by so called friends. I have gone to numerous things for them. Stayed over in hotels to go to parties. One of them is going through a messy break up with the husband and I have been doing free swimming lessons for her. Another girl has been going through a lot of trouble with a guy and I have been changing shifts with her to try help her.

I have been fairly distant with them at work. Basically answering any questions and going about my daily work. No small talk or conversations. A member in there health club came to me asking what happened and I asked how he knew. He said one of the girls told him I was being an ahole and needed to get over myself. I told him the full story and his response was eff them.

I'm wondering should I just let this go ????

Last Saturday Regina and I had our engagement party in my fathers pub. All our friends and family were there even Regina's parents who made a very long drive to be there on our special night. My problem is 3 of the girls I work with and had considered my friends turned up for 90 mins then left again to go to a nightclub. This doesn't bother Regina but I feel very let down by so called friends. I have gone to numerous things for them. Stayed over in hotels to go to parties. One of them is going through a messy break up with the husband and I have been doing free swimming lessons for her. Another girl has been going through a lot of trouble with a guy and I have been changing shifts with her to try help her.

I have been fairly distant with them at work. Basically answering any questions and going about my daily work. No small talk or conversations. A member in there health club came to me asking what happened and I asked how he knew. He said one of the girls told him I was being an ahole and needed to get over myself. I told him the full story and his response was eff them.

I think you should Kelly but I'm not meaning go back to being friends. Knowing you, I know that you'd never do something and expect anything in return, however... they should have respected the occasion and stayed. Seems like they don't want to throw in equal parts for the friendship and that's never cool. Friendships are a two way street. Seems like they take but aren't willing to give. That's a recipe for disaster. I'd say as long as you're not being rude (only because its work) then they do need to get over themselves. If you're keeping your distance they need to respect that and understand its because of their actions. The other part to this is, did you talk to them about how it made you feel? if not and you value them, you may want to talk it out. It's what friends do.

Kinda went through the same thing myself recently. kept things bottled in when i shouldn't have. Getting things out, can make all the difference in the world You still may not see eye to eye, but you have a better understanding.

Ya man, let it go. People get wrapped up in their own sh!t especially when things go a little sideways for them, and in some ways they are probably a little subconsiously jealous of you as things in your life are great, as theirs are falling apart. Just be as good a friend as you can and they will come around. And if they don't then you tried and they weren't friends after all.

My first inclination was going to be to just let it go and know that you are the better person..until I read that the girl said you were acting like an a-hole and needed to get over yourself. You took a big step in your life and if they can't respect that and show you the courtesy that you have showed them over the years you don't need to be friends with or have anything to do with them. If it were me though I would want to let her know my feelings but it's not necessary.

I think you should Kelly but I'm not meaning go back to being friends. Knowing you, I know that you'd never do something and expect anything in return, however... they should have respected the occasion and stayed. Seems like they don't want to throw in equal parts for the friendship and that's never cool. Friendships are a two way street. Seems like they take but aren't willing to give. That's a recipe for disaster. I'd say as long as you're not being rude (only because its work) then they do need to get over themselves. If you're keeping your distance they need to respect that and understand its because of their actions. The other part to this is, did you talk to them about how it made you feel? if not and you value them, you may want to talk it out. It's what friends do.

Kinda went through the same thing myself recently. kept things bottled in when i shouldn't have. Getting things out, can make all the difference in the world You still may not see eye to eye, but you have a better understanding.

Well I have no intention of going back to being friends. I would never expecting anything in return for friendship but your right it is a 2 way street. Planning on being nice where wok is concerned but that's about it.

Ya man, let it go. People get wrapped up in their own sh!t especially when things go a little sideways for them, and in some ways they are probably a little subconsiously jealous of you as things in your life are great, as theirs are falling apart. Just be as good a friend as you can and they will come around. And if they don't then you tried and they weren't friends after all.

People do get wrapped in there on sh!t. I just hope they realize that they are loosing a friend

My first inclination was going to be to just let it go and know that you are the better person..until I read that the girl said you were acting like an a-hole and needed to get over yourself. You took a big step in your life and if they can't respect that and show you the courtesy that you have showed them over the years you don't need to be friends with or have anything to do with them. If it were me though I would want to let her know my feelings but it's not necessary.

I was gonna tell them what for Sat night when they said they were leaving but Regina stepped and talked me out of it. I'm glad she did cos I was after quite a few pints and would have probably lost the plot with them. God bless a good woman who can see the sh!t before it hit the fan

I was gonna tell them what for Sat night when they said they were leaving but Regina stepped and talked me out of it. I'm glad she did cos I was after quite a few pints and would have probably lost the plot with them. God bless a good woman who can see the sh!t before it hit the fan

Amen to that man. My wife is the same way thankfully. Yeah it's a tough situation but I think maybe just walking away and being work acquaintances is the best course of action. If you really are upset about it and you want to confront them I think that is an absolutely acceptable and justifiable course of action as well. You did nothing wrong. They are wrong and they probably know it so they are going to be defensive about it.

chiggers are eating me alive... maybe i need to stop hitting my ball into the rough

chiggers are eating me alive... maybe i need to stop hitting my ball into the rough

what are chiggers lol, sorry I live in the desert

Look everyone, I am already having an awful day, I am in an awful mood and I am sick so I am only going to say this one time...I do NOT want to see ****** typed on this forum again. If I see it I will edit it and I will have words with you. Please stop it's inappropriate and I am tired of it.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm having a rough morning, I don't mean to be a b!@#h, but I really need this word to stop.

I am quoting myself as a reminder that this word is NOT acceptable on THP!

Kelly I'd let it go like water the bridge brother. I've been the jerk that left early and it wasn't out of meanness either. Granted I went home and hit the hay instead of going out somewhere else, but still.

Don't let it eat at ya and ruin great memories. People do what people and try as we might, we can't change it.

In other words, f em for bailing on you to go clubbing but don't let it affect your work place vibe.

Kelly I'd let it go like water the bridge brother. I've been the jerk that left early and it wasn't out of meanness either. Granted I went home and hit the hay instead of going out somewhere else, but still.

Don't let it eat at ya and ruin great memories. People do what people and try as we might, we can't change it.

In other words, f em for bailing on you to go clubbing but don't let it affect your work place vibe.

I hear ya buddy. Sadly it's already affecting the work place vibe.

One of them is trying to make it up over text right now but is actually only insulting me, this is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back