Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

On which days of the week? Lol. I would anchor it with either Tigger or Dufner.

Exactly my point with Tiger. I like Dufner. But he isn't enough of a closer to me. Sneds is a closer. That's why I like him there.

Exactly my point with Tiger. I like Dufner. But he isn't enough of a closer to me. Sneds is a closer. That's why I like him there.

I dont really agree on Sneds being a closer. Truth be told, neither team is 'stacked' with closers. One could argue KB is the best closer on the US team.

Anchor is usually irrelevant.

I dont really agree on Sneds being a closer. Truth be told, neither team is 'stacked' with closers. One could argue KB is the best closer on the US team.

I would agree with this. Hard to say who is a great "closer". I think that term is overused in golf anyways. Heck, anchor it with Bubba. That would be fun.

Dude, this is a whole nother beast, it ain't no stroke play tournament. Approach shots and putting will be the premium. Lee is a turrible putter, I can admit that, but if he can get hot with the putter, he'll be a tough point for anyone.

Imagine a combo of Westwood's iron play and Luke getting hot with the putter in foursomes? If that happens, someone is in for a heavy beating.

I'm saying it guys, Paul Lawrie will be a rock in the foursomes.

Imagine a combo of Westwood's iron play and Luke getting hot with the putter in foursomes? If that happens, someone is in for a heavy beating.

Same could be said for the 'Mericans. Imagine Strick or Dufner's iron play with Sneds' putter getting hot. That would be awesome too.

Is this Jim Furyk's last Ryder Cup as a player? Steve Stricker?
Do either or both become captain at some point?
Does Anthony Kim ever play on another Ryder Cup?
Who is the next American captain?

I do believe this is Stricker and Furyk's last Ryder Cup team. With rising players like Rickie Fowler, Jason Dufner, Keegan Bradley, Webb Simpson, Brandt Snedeker, Hunter Mahan and Dustin Johnson, I think it becomes harder and harder to make the team going forward. Going back to 2010, very few would have predicted Bradley, Simpson, Snedeker and Dufner would have been on this team. Maybe one but not all. I also think it would have been hard to see Mahan and Fowler not being on this team. With so much young talent coming into the PGA Tour, this is going to be interesting to follow over the next two years.

As for captaincy, it is going to be very difficult to get Furyk, Couples, Stricker and Mickelson a shot going forward. Some very accomplished players have not been captain, we could see one of those four not making it as well.

I started a thread with this before realizing this was a little more than a simple contest entry thread. It helps to read instead of skim.
:banghead:

Same could be said for the 'Mericans. Imagine Strick or Dufner's iron play with Sneds' putter getting hot. That would be awesome too.

Nah. :alien:

I think Peter Hanson is going to be a thorn in the American's side this week.

Anchor is usually irrelevant.
I'll bet Hunter Mahan would say otherwise. As would Bernhard Langer (1991 War by the Shore). Most of the time yes you're right, but man when it comes down to that match....more pressure than any golfer would ever have in their lifetime. I couldn't imagine.

I think Peter Hanson is going to be a thorn in the American's side this week.

I watched him hit a spectacular shank on a Sunday on #12 at the Masters.

I'll bet Hunter Mahan would say otherwise. As would Bernhard Langer (1991 War by the Shore). Most of the time yes you're right, but man when it comes down to that match....more pressure than any golfer would ever have in their lifetime. I couldn't imagine.

Just ask Tyno

I'm not setting my lineup thinking its coming down to the last match. Why put Tiger, our best player regardless of his recent Sunday play, or Sneds, our hottest guy, in the last spot when, in all likely hood, it'll make them irrelevant? I'm sending them out early enough that their match matters.

I think KB is the perfect anchor this year. He didn't finish the season with many good rounds yet proved he can handle some pressure with his PGA playoff win. I'd have Stricker/Furyk in the 10/11 hole with probably Furyk in the 10 hole in case US Open demons enter his head.

Finally got my DVR all set to tape everything, this is the only golf event I DVR besides the majors, it's amazing to rewatch the drama. Really wish we would have changed our trip dates to be in Chicago over this weekend!!!

Finally got my DVR all set to tape everything, this is the only golf event I DVR besides the majors, it's amazing to rewatch the drama. Really wish we would have changed our trip dates to be in Chicago over this weekend!!!

I was gonna check tonight but are all rounds being shown and who has the coverage?

I just think the US team is really stacked and poised for a monumental demolishing. I know the Euro squad has good talent but I just have a feeling.

oooooh baby! I could use another set of shafts! Thanks guys!

I'm glad Davis stated last night that the one thing he would change would be for the Captains to make the selections like The President's Cup. I really think that would get high ratings and add to the build up of the event.

I think KB is the perfect anchor this year. He didn't finish the season with many good rounds yet proved he can handle some pressure with his PGA playoff win. I'd have Stricker/Furyk in the 10/11 hole with probably Furyk in the 10 hole in case US Open demons enter his head.

Thinking too far ahead, the Euros will be clear by this point. Actually think it might come down to the last game this year. And if it does, I reckon Europe have some good options in there. I can't help thinking GMac or Hanson, but for me it depends on GMac's performance on the first 2 days. If he's flying, throw him in early.

This may have already been asked and answered but i'm gonna ask again. With the practice rounds underway and Facebook/Twitter going nuts about everyone using Bushnell rangefinders in these practice rounds, i'm wondering are players allowed to use the Slope edition v's none slope edition ????

I wasn't aware that there was any restriction on practise days. I dunno though.

This is 17 but it can't be 193 downhill

380143_10151063517418590_222512677_n.jpg

That is good to hear. I don't want a Birdie feast. I want 15' par saves to halve the hole. I want chip in from green side rough to down hill pins to win holes when the opponent is close.

Totally agree. I hope they keep them the same and don't soften them up between yesterday and Friday. On another note, there were several shaved down areas next to some greens that would seriously penalize the player if they missed the green to one side. Hole 12 will be one of those holes.

Freddie, I'd take Luke Donald with a mid iron over Tiger with a wedge from the rough 99% of the time. Tiger's distance control has been a problem, even out of the fairway.

You must have missed the post where Luke/Lee shot a 59 in best ball yesterday? That's stupid.

Tiger was struggling with his Short irons again at the practice round yesterday. Not suprising.

Back