SwingTIP Product Launch

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
**This is a press release**

A Golfer’s Mobile Swing Coach: Introducing SwingTIP®, a Real-Time Golf Swing Analyzer that Easily Clips to the Club

Wireless 3D Motion Sensor Device, Apple iOS™ and Android™ Mobile Apps, Scorecards and MySwingTIP.com Deliver the Ultimate Interactive Learning Experience to Improve Your Golf Game

• Bluetooth-enabled 3D motion sensor device that captures, analyzes, and wirelessly transmits real-time golf swing analysis to an Apple or Android mobile device
  • The ultimate interactive learning experience with video-like animations of your actual golf swing, performance metrics, and instructional learning
  • Performance stats tracking via Scorecards and MySwingTIP.com
  • Elegant, intuitive, and energy-efficient design
Santa Clara, Calif. September 26, 2012, PRWeb.com –Today, Mobiplex announced the availability of the SwingTIP Golf Swing Analyzer—an innovative Bluetooth-enabled 3D motion sensor device that clips onto a golf club, mobile apps for iPhone®, iPod Touch® and Android™ devices, and a personal MySwingTIP.com account. SwingTIP delivers the ultimate interactive learning experience in a complete package that includes video-like swing animations, mechanical statistics, instructional learning and performance tracking scorecards and MySwingTIP.com. Golf enthusiasts that purchase the $129.99 SwingTIP package on swingtip.com before October 17, 2012 will receive a free Holster Accessory 2-pack (valued at $19.99). The SwingTIP package is also available at butler-golf.com

“SwingTIP goes beyond ‘activity tracking’ and ‘metrics’ to turn your mobile device into a personal swing coach that assesses your swing in real-time,” said Vijay Nadkarni, Founder and CEO, Mobiplex. “It creates the ultimate interactive learning experience by telling a golfer what happened, why it happened, and how to improve."

To design SwingTIP, Mobiplex engineers partnered with leading experts in golf, including Masters Tournament Champion and PGA Pro Craig “the Walrus” Stadler; Ray Leach, former PGA player, NCAA record-holder and instructor at Peacock Gap Golf Club; and David Butler, a 2011 Golf Digest Best Club Fitter and expert in professional-grade golf swing analysis technology.

Visualization: The Key to a Better Golf Swing

As Jack Nicklaus famously said, “I never hit a shot, even in practice, without having a sharp, in-focus picture of it in my head.” SwingTIP features a patent-pending ProView Motion Analysis™ engine that can accurately capture, analyze, and digitally reproduce a video-like animation of a golf swing in three dimensions. Visually analyze the parts and positions of your swing to “see your swing characteristics” and understand “why the ball faded left.” Review your swing alongside key performance metrics that pinpoint what happened including Swing Path, Club Face Angle, Impact Zone, Club Head Speed and Swing Tempo.

“I was amazed that SwingTIP was able to accurately capture and display my natural golf swing,” said Stadler. “With SwingTIP, you learn what your swing looks like and feels like when you make a great shot, and you learn how to repeat it. Engaging and fun, SwingTIP delivers the real-time, unbiased, and accurate golf swing analysis that golfers need to hone their swing to perfection. “

Learn, Improve, and Track Your Progress
To help golfers adjust, correct, and improve fundamentals, the SwingTIP mobile app let’s users save and review favorites, and provides instructional tips, videos and reference swings from Ray Leach. Practice session scorecards summarize performance stats and can be emailed from within the app to a friend or Pro for advice. Wirelessly upload swing data to MySwingTIP.com to see “Performance Summary and Trend” reports for any time period, and club-type.

“SwingTIP helps golfers achieve greater impact at the moment of truth – when the club face hits the ball. The instant visual and statistical analysis that SwingTIP delivers makes it the most efficient, effective and fun way to master the sport," said Ray Leach.

Lightweight Device, Heavyweight Performance, Energy-Efficient Design
Weighing just one ounce and with dimensions similar to a USB flash drive, the SwingTIP device won’t affect your swing. The two-part device consists of a Bluetooth-enabled 3D motion sensor that slides into a club holster. The two-clamp holster keeps SwingTIP securely in place on the club shaft, swing-after-swing. A built-in, pop-up sight lever makes it easy to properly align SwingTIP onto the club shaft. SwingTIP is also energy-efficient, turning itself off when not in use, and staying charged through a 200-swing practice session or a round of golf.

The SwingTIP packages include:

• SwingTIP Golf Swing Analyzer Package ($129.99 MSRP) – Wireless 3D motion sensor, club holster clip (with sight-lever alignment tool), shims (for smaller club shafts), micro-USB cable for charging, and Quick Start Guide (free mobile app with electronic scorecards, and a personal MySwingTIP webpage).
  • SwingTIP 2-Pack Holster Package ($19.99 MSRP) – Attach a holster clip to every club; easily move the sensor from club-to-club for uninterrupted practice.
The SwingTIP Android app can be downloaded today at Google Play. The SwingTIP Apple iOS app will be available in the coming days in the App Store. (The iOS mobile app works on an iPad®. In the future, an optimized “made for iPad” app will be available.)

Technical specifications are available at www.swingtip.com/specifications.

About SwingTIP
The SwingTIP Golf Swing Analyzer is an innovative Bluetooth-enabled 3D motion sensor device that delivers real-time golf swing analysis to an iPhone®, iPod Touch®, or Android™ Device. SwingTIP uses a patent-pending ProView Motion Analysis™ engine to accurately capture, analyze, and digitally reproduce a golf swing in three dimensions that can be viewed alongside key performance metrics. SwingTIP delivers the ultimate interactive learning experience including video-like swing animations, instructional learning, and performance stats, scorecards and MySwingTIP.com. For more information, visit us at http://www.swingtip.com

SwingTIPiPhoneHand-L.png

CraigStadlerSwingViews1-L.png

SwingTIP3D-Motion-L.png

Last edited:
This looks to be a very interesting product. Are you going to be testing this Ryan? Seems like something that could really help me.

Boy, it seems one has started a domino effect of software like this. Kinda cool really as competition is always a good thing for us consumers in a niche market like this.

A built-in, pop-up sight lever makes it easy to properly align SwingTIP onto the club shaft.

Now that's interesting. Seems to be one of the big weaknesses of other devices.

• Staff
This looks to be a very interesting product. Are you going to be testing this Ryan? Seems like something that could really help me.

I'm not testing it as far as I know at this time.

The great thing about this, is that it appears it's fixing of the short-comings if you will of similar products.

I'm honestly very intrigued by this product, however I almost think I'm more intrigued about what will happen 2-3 years down the road with this type of technology.

Some day I need to go for it and give something like this a try. This one seems to pack a lot of goodies, but I keep looking at the $130 and trying to justify over an actually swing coach or a few lessons. I have to wonder how they make a one size fits all between short people with flat swings to a taller person that swing more upright?

Interesting. At $130, it isn't crazy overpriced either... Something like this could be great for the off-season. Ponder mode engaged.

Golf gadgets...awesome! This device looks quite cool, and seems to be rather easy to use.

Very interesting product. I like how there's a lot of competition in the market for electronic swing analyzers. I really want to get one for next spring and this will definitely be on my list.

Think I'll stick with my digital video camera.

This product sounds like a real game changer to me. I am probably going to go into ponder mode on this one.

I think it's pretty incredible that they are using bluetooth to transmit the data. No need to hook it up to a computer, no need to plug the device in to your phone or any other unnecessary wires besides needing to charge it. I think that's an incredibly brilliant way to get the info from the device to the app on the phone.

I want one of these... Just need some feedback before I drop this $$ on it

Another very cool-looking golf product in the field of technology. I hope we hear more about the performance through a testing or something.

Also a nifty device to use to be able to see your swing speed for different clubs.

I'm still a little leery of these devices for my own needs, but the photos of the UI are very cool.

Looks like a great product, the price point is what is detracting myself like others.

Oh, I wish I was just starting the game. There's just so much more helpful (and to be honest, far cooler) gear available now to work on any aspect of your swing and game. Certainly beats the "looks good to me, not like I'm any better" 10 second swing analysis of my youth.

Looks like a great product, the price point is what is detracting myself like others.
I dunno about the price being too high, jj. I mean, the Orange whip is $100 and tons of people bought that.

I will admit, I have not been interested in any of these products until now. While it is great to have the data, it is useless if you don't know what to do with it.

Sounds like this may be taking a step in the direction of offering corrective swing advise based on what the sensor is picking up.

Color me intrigued.

This is the 3rd or 4th device with this type of technology...definately interested in how accurate these devices are.

Dude this price point aint bad at all... I think it is really pretty darn affordable. If I can find some reviews I may be ordering it

I think it looks pretty cool, I love the idea of studying my swing path and doing some drills at the range with it.

I'm all for this technology but I want to see a reliable product that actually works very very well! I really like where our sport is heading in all technology aspects, but I think all these new "swing toys" need to be refined a bit more before they're released.

So I'm hopeful that whichever staffer(hopefully it get reviewed by THP) does the reviewing process for this has a great experience with great results.

Back