Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude! We can facetime too!

I don't think I'd ever, I wear fat guy skinny jeans so it wouldn't fit. HTC makes a good phone though. I kinda get the sense you don't want to talk electronics with me broski and that's cool! Just let me know if I'm irking ya.
I love talking electronics with Tmex.

Dude, I love HTC phones. If the ONE X would have been on the Verizon, I probably would have gone that route a few months back. I loved my Thunderbolt and the Incredible before that, I think it has to do with HTC Sense, just a fan of it.

this made me laugh

Dude! We can facetime too!

I don't think I'd ever, I wear fat guy skinny jeans so it wouldn't fit. HTC makes a good phone though. I kinda get the sense you don't want to talk electronics with me broski and that's cool! Just let me know if I'm irking ya.

I love talking electronics with Tmex.

Dude, I love HTC phones. If the ONE X would have been on the Verizon, I probably would have gone that route a few months back. I loved my Thunderbolt and the Incredible before that, I think it has to do with HTC Sense, just a fan of it.

The incredible was a sick, sick phone. I almost jumped to verizon for it haha. I don't mention that often since I'm kinda an ihomer. I dont know why but I'm holding out hope for the One X+.

Yeah, that's why I was hoping Playdough had some more info. I read it on a couple sites, I think BGR and Engadget.

Google wants into cell world pretty bad which is why they now own Motorola. The whole idea long term behind LTE is you will buy your LTE approved device from whoever and then take it to your carrier of choice to get your 4g sim card and service plan and off you go. I would expect them to offer options from both Att/T-Mobile and VZW.

The incredible was a sick, sick phone. I almost jumped to verizon for it haha. I don't mention that often since I'm kinda an ihomer. I dont know why but I'm holding out hope for the One X+.

The only issue I had with the Incredible was the SnapDragon CPU. I never felt like it was that good or all that fast and was battery hog. The Incredible 4g is a really solid device.

The only issue I had with the Incredible was the SnapDragon CPU. I never felt like it was that good or all that fast and was battery hog. The Incredible 4g is a really solid device.

My ex's son had one and I remember he hated the battery lol. I'm pretty big on in hand feel and I loved that part but can definitely see what you're saying. It's cool how fast phones have progressed and the experiences we are getting on them now.

My ex's son had one and I remember he hated the battery lol. I'm pretty big on in hand feel and I loved that part but can definitely see what you're saying. It's cool how fast phones have progressed and the experiences we are getting on them now.

Few things are sexier though then a mexican with an iPhone. Just sayin'

Worst battery of any phone I have ever used. It was terrible. Im talking 3-4 hours max.

Few things are sexier though then a mexican with an iPhone. Just sayin'

I do need a hot lady to go along with that iphone lol.

Worst battery of any phone I have ever used. It was terrible. Im talking 3-4 hours max.

LOL. It was comical. He was always plugged into something haha.

I do need a hot lady to go along with that iphone lol.

LOL. It was comical. He was always plugged into something haha.
I remember using it with it plugged in quite a bit. If I was streaming pandora on it, the charge couldnt keep up with the usage and the battery would still drain, even while plugged in.

War, looks like I cant do a screen shot in this one. The hand swipe doesnt work is there another way?

War, looks like I cant do a screen shot in this one. The hand swipe doesnt work is there another way?
Hand swipe is a touchwiz feature, so probably not on there.

Probably have to download an app or something, dont worry about it.

Just saw that Google has released the open-source bits for Jellybean. Should have some pretty sweet ROMs coming out soon for JellyBean.

Hand swipe is a touchwiz feature, so probably not on there.

Probably have to download an app or something, dont worry about it.

Just saw that Google has released the open-source bits for Jellybean. Should have some pretty sweet ROMs coming out soon for JellyBean.

Would stock android function work? Which is power button + volume down.

Thanks, that did work.

No problem. Figured it was worth a try, that's the stock function on most other android phones.

War the menu set up is different and has a lot more things in it. At least in this one I have loaded up right now.

Screenshot_2012-09-26-12-44-48.png

War the menu set up is different and has a lot more things in it. At least in this one I have loaded up right now.

Screenshot_2012-09-26-12-44-48.png

I like the dark colors. Which one are you running?

I think the weather app is new too, it can do weather and news. Isnt the app launcher button different too? The circle.
Spoiler
Screenshot_2012-09-26-12-44-02.png

And this one looks different too:
Spoiler
Screenshot_2012-09-26-12-51-46.png

Im running CyanogenMod Version 10-201209210-Nightly-d2att

I would say it's new, it's just not the TouchWiz launcher button. Same launcher from Gingerbread.

Notification center is cleaned up a bit and more streamlined, takes away some of the clunkyness from the buttons. New weather widget as well.

I wonder how much At&t screws with it though. I dont think I can go back now that I've gone to the dark side.

I wonder how much At&t screws with it though. I dont think I can go back now that I've gone to the dark side.
How long did it take you to get it up and running? I've never ran one of the cyanogen mods.

How long did it take you to get it up and running? I've never ran one of the cyanogen mods.

Honestly it took me a few tries to get the actual root and super user set up. The last update made it so most of the methods people were using didnt work. I found one that was updated with new steps so it actually worked and after that it was real easy. I have all my contacts on Google and backed up to Lookout too. Music on the SD card. I used Titanium backup for my apps but that still took forever to get them back. Only thing that didnt work was my voice mail but I found the *# number you call that displays your number and that fixed that. I was messing with it into Sunday while I worked.

The next big thing will tablet and phone integration. The Samsung Note and LG Intution are two of the first. People at one point that it was crazy to carry a phone with a 4 inch display, now people think 4 inch is small. Then is 4.5, now its 4.8 with S3. The Note is like 6 inch, the LG is 5 inch. You can make a thin 7 inch, and its not that bad to carry. You give these hand writing ability and some nice document integration, pair up a bluetooth headset to one for the voice side and you have everything you could need for a mobile device.

This is where I've been waiting for Asus to step in. Their Padfone seems like a great concept but they are taking too long to release it in the US. Something like that is perfect for a train commuter like me. Slide in the phone into the tablet when I get on the train, and I can TapTalk and surf the web with a bigger screen. No need to keep making phones bigger. Plus, it will extend my battery usage. I tried waiting, but the S3 is now on its way to my house.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

not sure where to put this question...but....what are you guys running for anti-virus software? I have Norton and it is up for renewal and have a hard time believing there isn't a free option out there that works just as well.
Is the free version of AVG sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back