Introducing Swingbyte

After reading the thread, it seems to me with the unit mounted as close as possible in the 3 o'clock position,after entering the club number and loft, and holding in the address position the unit is going to require a calibration button that locks in until recalibrated with a different club.

Does this make sense?

I'm tapping, but it still ain't talking!

Last edited:
Down loaded 1.4.3 for Android. The crash when switching views is fixed, but when you are in over head view, the club path and lazer lines do not show up. I have to switch views to 'straight on' or 'down the line' and then back to 'over head' before they show up, and then initially they show all messed up. I have to play the swing before they show up correctly. Hope you can get this corrected soon.
Motorola Razr Maxx, version 4.0.4 (ICS).

yes - this should be fixed in the next couple of days. thanks for the feedback.

yes - this should be fixed in the next couple of days. thanks for the feedback.

Thanks.... You guys are so responsive and great to work with!

So any updates?? Is it working and tracking right??? Hows the new holder coming?

After reading the thread, it seems to me with the unit mounted as close as possible in the 3 o'clock position,after entering the club number and loft, and holding in the address position the unit is going to require a calibration button that locks in until recalibrated with a different club.

Does this make sense?

I'm tapping, but it still ain't talking!

It makes a lot of sense and has for some time. Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears.

It makes a lot of sense and has for some time. Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears.

unfortunately it's not quite that simple. in order for a "calibration button" to work, you would need to put the club on a level surface, and make sure that the surface is as close to 0 degrees as you want the club calibration to be. that would mean using a physical level to check the surface you're using, then adjusting if there isn't a surface like that.

from our side, something like that is pretty straightforward to do, but it would be an onerous calibration procedure that few would go through, and is likely to introduce more issues than the other way around.

as I've mentioned before, we're still investigating other options, and hope to have an approach soon.

There is now a calibration button on the account info screen of the app. Was in the last Android app update (08/29/2012).

~~~ Patience is a virtue ~~~

I was disappointed with the correlation of the Swingbyte and Trackman data and I had promised to post that data here some time ago. Still planning to do so but work, family, life got in the middle of good intentions. Soon...
Anyone check out this device though?

http://www.golfsense.me/

seems like a similar deal but the sensor goes on your glove so you can use it with any club...
The club attachment feature for Swingbyte was definitely another turnoff... (it worked but not very portable to other clubs especially with the revised insert attachment). Any plans for Swingbyte 2.0 to go to the wrist (and have better calibration)??

There is now a calibration button on the account info screen of the app. Was in the last Android app update (08/29/2012).

~~~ Patience is a virtue ~~~

I didn't see any calibration button.

I didn't see any calibration button.

If you have the latest update, it will be on the account screen but only when you are recording swings.

Last edited:
Will ensure I have the update tonight and see what the calibration is.

Anyone tried it?

Kolosy ..........info update please.....

and as for golfsense- may measure swingplane and hand angle movement but the measurements of clubface, club path and othe club angles would be a wild guess.

Will ensure I have the update tonight and see what the calibration is.

Anyone tried it?

Kolosy ..........info update please.....

The calibration button is to force the calibration that comes up on its own. Its an internal sensor recalibration, and not anything related to face angles.

I still see no calibration button. My swingbyte never has calibrated and I can only get the first swing data. It does nothing else, it connects but doesn't show anything. Its just jewelry.

yesterday, was the 1st time I tried changing clubs during a session, and, I was not able to record any data after attempting to the make the change. Did this get broken with the last update?

Un-installing, and, re-installing the app, solved the problem. I can record data with multiple golf clubs.

Last edited:
from our side, something like that is pretty straightforward to do, but it would be an onerous calibration procedure that few would go through, and is likely to introduce more issues than the other way around.

I have posted more than once that the current calibration scheme has cal'd the unit while it was actually in motion. Each time there has been a pop up screen telling me it had been done while I was moving the club. Always right after a swing and as I was walking to the bench to lean the club against it so I could check that swings results. One time I actually got a notice telling me to lean the club against something so it could be calibrated, and before I had the chance to actually set the club down, it had been cal'd.

As far as I can tell the current scheme is so far away from being accurate, that any alternative would be better. With that, I will make it a point to see if the new cal button on the accounts page helps in any manner. Hopefully you guys will make my $150 purchase worth more than it has been to date. Hint, paper weights dont normally cost this much.

mmmmmm keep saying it. Any word on calibration. SB is a very light doorstop without it.

mmmmmm keep saying it. Any word on calibration. SB is a very light doorstop without it.

That came out in an update about a month ago. When you are adding swings go to your account screen. Providing you have the latest update.

So I can see this thread is really slowing down.......are you guys satisfied with the swingbyte or just given up on it? How is the new holder coming? Some new info would be nice.

That came out in an update about a month ago. When you are adding swings go to your account screen. Providing you have the latest update.

No the calibration to targetline, as far as I understand is still not out.

Its interesting!!
Nice product with cheap price.
Looking forward to see that product...I had Black bury is it work with that????
smsf super

Last edited:
just got my swingbyte today had a chance to test it together with the optishot, data was consistent with the shot made. will test it soon with the hdgolf simulator.

in the meantime I hope the developers would consider adding in the option to display estimated distance and ball flight based on the club spec, e.g. loft, club length, swing speed etc, I'm sure if the optishot could estimate a distance and ball flight based on club data, the swingbyte shld be able to do the same.

of course it would not be 100% accurate especially since wind speed /direction can't be factored in but it would be useful for those practicing at home and provide additional data for analysis

Back