Weekend of June 6-7

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Almost forgot this since we aren't golfing this weekend! But what are YOUR plans? We're doing work around the house. We'll probably go get Jacqui a new putting grip.

And hit that new driver...hehe

I've got a whole big plan for the next 10 days...

I'm taking vacation.

I'm working a full day tomorrow, and then heading out to the Farm for the week. I've got to get a truck built, and delivered to the new owner. I plan to go and play on Sunday, and work for the rest of the time I'm off. I'll be off-line the whole time.

If any of y'all need to reach me, PM me between now and tomorrow evening, and I'll give you my phone #

I've got a whole big plan for the next 10 days...

I'm taking vacation.

I'm working a full day tomorrow, and then heading out to the Farm for the week. I've got to get a truck built, and delivered to the new owner. I plan to go and play on Sunday, and work for the rest of the time I'm off. I'll be off-line the whole time.

If any of y'all need to reach me, PM me between now and tomorrow evening, and I'll give you my phone #

Sounds awesome, enjoy it GB!!

I have the day off tomorrow since I have to work Saturday. I am planning to go to the range tomorrow and work on my swing, then I want to go and get my clubs regripped. I also want to tackle the smoker again this weekend, our ribs didn't turn out so great so this time we are trying a pork tenderloin. If the weather is nice Sunday I would like to get at least 9 holes in.....we shall see. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend :banana:

I have the day off tomorrow since I have to work Saturday. I am planning to go to the range tomorrow and work on my swing, then I want to go and get my clubs regripped. I also want to tackle the smoker again this weekend, our ribs didn't turn out so great so this time we are trying a pork tenderloin. If the weather is nice Sunday I would like to get at least 9 holes in.....we shall see. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend :banana:

If you don't have one, pick up an easy to use meat thermometer. Cook pork to 160° in the center, it'll be done (safely), and still juicy.

I like to use a dry rub, but injections and marinades do pretty great too. I like mine spicy, so I use a mix of cajun spice, some peppercorn steakhouse mix, garlic and some kosher or sea salt. I try to keep the temp on the grill up a little higher than just smoking it (about 325-350°)

If you don't have one, pick up an easy to use meat thermometer. Cook pork to 160° in the center, it'll be done (safely), and still juicy.

I like to use a dry rub, but injections and marinades do pretty great too. I like mine spicy, so I use a mix of cajun spice, some peppercorn steakhouse mix, garlic and some kosher or sea salt. I try to keep the temp on the grill up a little higher than just smoking it (about 325-350°)

Thanks Gummi! Quick question....if we are using a vertical smoker there really isn't a grill, should we still cook it at a higher temp? I will not let the failed ribs get me down, I will conquer the smoker.

The company I work for is hosting their annual golf tournament (70% clients, 30% employees) on Saturday, so I'm going to play in that. I'm pretty excited because it's a scramble and I don't get to play scrambles often.

Awesome DR, let us know how it goes.

Going to meet one of my coworkers at the range Saturday morning. She hasn't golfed in several years so wants to go to the range a few times before she'll wander out on the course with us.

Might be able to get in 9-18 holes later on Saturday or maybe on Sunday if I'm lucky.

Thanks Gummi! Quick question....if we are using a vertical smoker there really isn't a grill, should we still cook it at a higher temp? I will not let the failed ribs get me down, I will conquer the smoker.

You will, I have faith in you.

I'd use a little more heat, try to keep it constant as best you can, and place it up a little higher. It takes me roughly an hour to do a pork loin on my grill here at the house.

We need to talk about ribs, they can use their own seperate thread, they're a delicate art...

I may throw some country style ribs on the smoker at the farm, and do a quick writeup this week. Mine's a firebox style, horizontal smoker. I use a mix of pecan and mesquite most of the time (they're readily available here)

Haven't decided as it's up to the weather gods. If the rain holds off I will be attending Hot Rod magazines Power Tour kickoff in Madison on saturday & then golfing sunday.

Lots of kids' sports, plus two parties on Saturday evening. I hope there's time for golf on Sunday, but I'm not sure what shape I'll be in. :egyptian:

Big weekend of golf for me! I have a 7:21 tee time for a 2-man best ball match-play at my club. My teammate played at Virginia Tech and I did not realize this, but his handicap for our course is a +4! That will be tough to overcome since it is 90% handicapped.

I then have a 2:00pm tee time the same day for a scramble tournament to benefit the make-a-wish foundation. So I will be golfing from 7am until about 7-7:30pm with a lunch break in the middle! Fun fun fun.

The rain has cleared...you up for the range and 9 after work today?

The rain has cleared...you up for the range and 9 after work today?

I am! But if I left now, I'd arrive in the middle of the night.

Big weekend of golf for me! I have a 7:21 tee time for a 2-man best ball match-play at my club. My teammate played at Virginia Tech and I did not realize this, but his handicap for our course is a +4! That will be tough to overcome since it is 90% handicapped.

I then have a 2:00pm tee time the same day for a scramble tournament to benefit the make-a-wish foundation. So I will be golfing from 7am until about 7-7:30pm with a lunch break in the middle! Fun fun fun.

Man, sounds like a nice weekend.

If my back holds up Im going to get out Sunday morning. Maybe hit up the range on Saturday, they are having a bridgestone ball fitting.

Pictures of the ball fitting TGM. Tell them THP sent ya...hehe

Pictures of the ball fitting TGM. Tell them THP sent ya...hehe

I need to stop buying golf stuff and buy a camera. I think mine finally took a dump the other day. I got about 6 years out of it. I might have to PM you for suggestions.

One of the best sites I have ever used was Kenrockwell.com It taught me so much and also saved me a fortune by getting a D40 rather than a d60 or d80. Plus they are only like $400 right now and even cheaper now.

Dinner reservations at a seafood restaurant Sat. night.

6:30 tee time Sunday morning. Must leave the house by 5:15. Ooof.

Dinner reservations at a seafood restaurant Sat. night.

6:30 tee time Sunday morning. Must leave the house by 5:15. Ooof.

I hope those are early reservations!

Back