New adidas Minimalist/Natural Motion Golf Shoe?

CraftyLefty

Reaction score
Handicap
Driver
I've recently switched to running in minimalist running shoes and love the way my body has responded to the change. I'm looking into buying some minimalist golf shoes to see if it will impact my golf game as much as it has impacted my overall fitness.

I've been perusing the interwebs in search of the latest news on minimalist golf shoes. I recently came across this article which says that adidas will soon be releasing a new line of minimalist golf show with an even thinner sole (1.2mm). I think it's a different line than the PureMotion or Crossflex. Does anyone know anything or has anyone seen anything about this?

I've tried the PureMotion and Crossflex but I'd like something a little more flexible. I really like the Nike TW 13s but they're pretty steep and I'm hoping they'll update them this season.

Have you tried the Ecco Biom line?

I had a similar experience with running shoes. I have since bought, and worn, the TRU golf shoes durign this past summer. I really did enjoy them but now I'm having issues with my left heel. I've temporarily gone back to my FJ Contours until my feet are better.
I walk when I play golf almost all of the time.
The benefit that I liked the most from the TRU shoes was feeling that I was balanced and in contact with the ground during the swing. I actually had to get used to the FJ's because they caused me to feel like I was leaning over my toes slightly when I was setup for a golf shot.

Is it? It mentions the PureMotion prior to mentioning a "new" (unnamed) shoe.

Skim alert, just looked at the photo and didn't read, sorry, if it's not posted on THP I usually don't read the details!!! LOL.

You never know what Adidas has in store, but their first few shoes in this category as well as the updates to the Adicross I wouldn't be surprised to see another awesome shoe come out.

Saw the catalogue today, will say nothing more than the fact that there is another sneaker style shoe coming.

Saw the catalogue today, will say nothing more than the fact that there is another sneaker style shoe coming.

Can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Serious tease here!!!! I hope its a even more minimalist shoe than the PureMotion! I love my New Balance minimalist shoes and would love a pair that is more water resistant than them to play in.

I have a pair of Adidas Clima Aerate shoes and I love them. Its the closest thing to being barefoot I have ever owned. Took a bit of getting used to but since then they are bar none the most comfortable shoes I have owned in a long time. Golf shoes in something like that would be awesome.

I had a problem with my 360 4.0's and got them replaced on warranty. Tried the new shoes. Didn't like the Puremotion's. There is too much rocker in the shoes between the balls of the foot and the toes for my liking, it was hard to get up on my toes and they felt weird to walk in.

The Crossflex though - simply one of the most comfortable golf shoes I have had on in a while. I would have bought them had there been more color choice at the store I might have bought a pair. Buying shoes with non replaceable grip parts kind of doesn't seem right to me.

Have you tried the Ecco Biom line?
I haven't tried them. Were you able to find them at a local retailer or did you have to order online? We only have 2 golf retailers in Omaha that are worth a darn so it's tough to find less popular equipment.

I haven't but I may look into them. Looks like they have a wider toe box. I need that, is this the case?

I'll be really interested to see what happens with the new adidas "sneaker-style shoe" referenced above. Either that or I'll resort to punching some spikes through a pair of Nike Free's!

I haven't tried them. Were you able to find them at a local retailer or did you have to order online? We only have 2 golf retailers in Omaha that are worth a darn so it's tough to find less popular equipment.

I haven't but I may look into them. Looks like they have a wider toe box. I need that, is this the case?

I'll be really interested to see what happens with the new adidas "sneaker-style shoe" referenced above. Either that or I'll resort to punching some spikes through a pair of Nike Free's!

Such as:

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30079967/nike-men-s-tw13-golf-shoes-white-red-

I live my new balance minimalist and looked at the new Adidas shoes, But they seemed to stiff in the sole to allow the movement I so enjoy in my NB's.

The bergs look interesting but they don't have any retailers. Their price isn't bad though.

I'd love my NB's to be water proof so I could wear them when it was damp out. I may have to get out my old soccer turf shoes and give them a shot my next round.

Back